Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > First Drop Of Crimson!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!1

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Assirahc (last edited Feb 12, 2010 07:22PM) (new)

Assirahc | 21 comments First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene FrostOMG!!!!!!!!!!!! I looooooooooooooooooved it!!!!!!!!!! When I first heard that Jeaniene was making a spin-off I couldn't wait to read it! Then I saw the cover and said to myself "Ewwww!" I thought that the model for Spade was awful! I did not think he was the sexy vampire that I had in my mind from the Night Huntress series. Then I went to the Harper-Collins website to read the first 20% of the book FREE OF CHARGE and was instantly addicted! I got the book yesterday morning...2/11/10 went to work from 10am to 6pm, then worked today 2/12/10 from 7:30am to 6pm and just finished reading it at 8:12pm!!!!!!!!!! The book was awesome!!!!!!!! I would love to hear more about Spade and Denise...they could definitely have a series of their own....but now I am anxiously awaiting the next book in the Night Huntress World 'Eternal Kiss of Darkness' coming in August 2010 to read about Mencheres!!!!!!!!!! I just hope they have a better model this time! LOL! If you loved the Night Huntress series as I did...even if you didn't...you should read this book ASAP! Support Jeaniene Frost!!!! She has a fan for LIFE! What did you think?

message 2: by Fiendishly (new)

Fiendishly Bookish (fiendishlybookish) | 6 comments Hi Assirahc,

I totally loved the model but I think that's because I loooove dark haired men. It must be a Jean-Claude or Stuart Townsend thing (ruined me for everyone else). It funny how everyone has a different idea in their head about their favorite character. What had you imagined him to look like, I totally want to hear!

I read First Drop of Crimson TWICE and I loved it! It was an awesome read. I think I wanted more, and had been spoiled with the Night Huntress series (which I'd read to tatters). I can't wait for Eternal Kiss of Darkness but what i really want is Vlad's story. Mmm-Mmm Good!

message 3: by Shannon (last edited Feb 13, 2010 01:54AM) (new)

Shannon (Savhage Temptrest) (SavhageTemptress) | 330 comments I absolutely loved this book as well! I totally fell in love with Spade! Yummy is the word that comes to mind when I think about him, LOL! Yeah, I didn't care for the cover at all myself. Definitely not how I picture Spade, but I don't think I can ever find his equivalent in real-life! I soooooo can't wait for Mencheres' book! That man needs some lovin' and he needs to kick some booty as well! Four thousand years is a long time, and he's too powerful to go soft, LOL!

Yes, Nicola, I really want Vlad to have his own story! He is smokin' hot as well! I also want to know more about Timothy, Bones, Ian, and Spade's buddy. I hope we get to see both of them in the near future!

message 4: by Seena Seena (new)

Seena Seena  (SeenaStarkBookwhoreasaurus) | 109 comments I am currently reading the book and i am some what confused......

but Denise‟s memory of Spade was irrevocably tied to blood. Especially since the last time she‟d seen him, he‟d been splattered in it...........

Why did you have to kill him? she‟d whispered.
Because of what he intended to do, Spade had replied. No one deserves to live after that.
She hadn‟t understood............

He also remembered the last thing Denise said when he‟d dropped her off at her house later that night. I’m so sick of the violence in your world.

Ok am i missing something??? Is there a prequel? Or do we find out what they are talking about later???

message 5: by Robyn (new)

Robyn Sadler (robsad79) Mersina Aka *~*Dheveus*~* wrote: "I am currently reading the book and i am some what confused......

but Denise‟s memory of Spade was irrevocably tied to blood. Especially since the last time she‟d seen him, he‟d been splattered..."

That one refers to a scene in the night huntress series. I just woke up so I haven't had my coffee yet, haha. But I believe it was the 4th book, Destined for Early Grave.

message 6: by Seena Seena (new)

Seena Seena  (SeenaStarkBookwhoreasaurus) | 109 comments i dont rmember...... hmmmm might need to re read DEG again then continue with this one.

message 7: by Jan Lewis, (new)

Jan Lewis, Author Sidekick (authorsidekick) Yeah, I didn't love it. I liked Spade and the story was okay, but I HATE Denise with a fiery passion. She is the worst TSTL heroine I've ever read.

message 8: by Fiendishly (new)

Fiendishly Bookish (fiendishlybookish) | 6 comments shannon omg I totally forgot about Ian!!! Now that would be a hot story. You are so right about us wanting to find out more on the backstory in Australia and when they were turned. And I'd like to get some history on Ian's piercing!!! (that scene was classic)

message 9: by Laura (new)

Laura Fonseca (daddy_girl_ynk) | 90 comments I just finished it and loved it! I thought i wouldn't really like it because i can't get over Bones but i love Spade too![ not as much as Bones:]. Well, the man in the cover looks creepy to me. Not how i thought of spade..Now i dont know if i am excited for Mencheres story. Really nvr liked him! But we'll see! I am also anxious to read Vlad's & Ian's stories! But more i can't wait for Cat & Bones Next boook!!

message 10: by Christie (new)

Christie (cibarra) I finished this one earlier today. I thought it was good. I loved Spade but Denise was just an ok character for me. I'd love to see Ian and Vlad have their own books. I'm not a big fan of Mencheres but I'll probably read the next one anway.

I read an interview with Jeaniene Frost and she said the cover model isn't how she pictured Spade. This is the guy she thinks looks like Spade.

Photobucket

YUM ;)

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ wow....that's a great picture for Spade!! i really liked the shower scene....esp because he did it on purpose and only used cold water ;p

message 12: by Seena Seena (new)

Seena Seena  (SeenaStarkBookwhoreasaurus) | 109 comments oh wow........ I have an image of what spade looks like in my mind and this picture is VERY close.

message 13: by Seena Seena (new)

Seena Seena  (SeenaStarkBookwhoreasaurus) | 109 comments hahahahaha is it bad that i completly love Ian!!! LoL only just before halfway through the book and he seriously cracks me up!!

“Where do you put it?” he finally asked, his turquoise gaze sliding over her. “Or are you one of those lasses who vomits?”

message 14: by Christie (new)

Christie (cibarra) Mersina Aka *~*Dheveus*~* wrote: "hahahahaha is it bad that i completly love Ian!!! LoL only just before halfway through the book and he seriously cracks me up!!

“Where do you put it?” he finally asked, his turquoise gaze slidin..."

No, I feel the same way even though he is a trouble maker LOL He made me laugh a few times. I hope we see more of him in future Frost books.

message 15: by Seena Seena (new)

Seena Seena  (SeenaStarkBookwhoreasaurus) | 109 comments I think he deservs his own spin off.....

mmmmmm yup lol

message 16: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 320 comments @Christie yes that is SPADE that is what I was thinking as well lol.

I must say though the other covers where great I wonder what happened to her graphic designer?

Anyway I like this book it was nice to see Spade with backbone normally he is bones sidekick. Denise was just meh, good story though.

message 17: by Seena Seena (new)

Seena Seena  (SeenaStarkBookwhoreasaurus) | 109 comments ok finished it and.......

I dont know what to say. It was good not fantasic but good. I felt alot was missed, but after i finished the book and saw that eahc book for Night Huntress world will be a story about diff charater it made me understand the rush of it all.

message 18: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 1188 comments Christie wrote: "I read an interview with Jeaniene Frost and she said the cover model isn't how she pictured Spade. This is the guy she thinks looks like Spade..."

LOL, a lot of people think that guy should be Wrath form the BDB series.

I finished First Drop of Crimson a couple of days ago and frankly I thought it was pretty generic PNR. Nothing new or fresh about it. And I constantly wanted to slap Denise.

message 19: by Alisha (new)

Alisha (schalazeal) | 15 comments This book was amazing. Almost read it all in one sitting, it never relented! And Spade with Denise was a good pairing.

Now, as for a wish list for future spinoffs...I'd love to read about Tate. Poor guy just can't catch a break (or a girl ^_^). But it looks like JF wants to cover Vlad, Ian and Juan.....so that wish will have to stay a pipe dream.

message 20: by Alisha (new)

Alisha (schalazeal) | 15 comments Mersina Aka *~*Dheveus*~* wrote: "I am currently reading the book and i am some what confused......

but Denise‟s memory of Spade was irrevocably tied to blood. Especially since the last time she‟d seen him, he‟d been splattered..."

Cat met up with Denise and Cooper at some bull-riding club. There was a drunk guy who heckled the ladies and later tried to assault them outside the club with his friend. Cat was about to handle the situation when Bones swooped through and knocked the guy's head off. Then Bones drove Denise home. Tis' in Chapter 9.

message 21: by Megan (new)

Megan | 198 comments I can't wait for a book about Ian. He is my favorite character (after Bones of course!). He makes me laugh so much and I think it will take one tough woman to whip him into shape, which will be fun to read about.

message 22: by Kia (new)

Kia (KiaSomers) | 7 comments Christie wrote: "I finished this one earlier today. I thought it was good. I loved Spade but Denise was just an ok character for me. I'd love to see Ian and Vlad have their own books. I'm not a big fan of Mencheres..."

ABSOLUTELY the perfect Spade! Yummmm-E!!! Any idea who this actor/model is?