For The L♥ve of Reading discussion

Discussions > Blogs, Oh My

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I know many people have Reading Review Blogs and/or other types of blogs. I'm wanting to start a blog. If you have any 101 Blog tips in how to go about starting a book review blog post here. Is blogger or blogspot better why. How do you get those nifty backgrounds. How do you make your own topic bars?

HELP!

message 2: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) I have some of the same questions. I saw that there is a function for blogging on goodreads but have not figured out how to do it.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I know basisics but that is not enough to let me create how I want it to look. I need HTML for dummies. LOL

message 4: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) I had some of the HTML in college but it never made sense to me!

message 5: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 150 comments I use blogger and love it. The html is pretty simple (but I have built-in-tech-support, because my dad works with computers).
To answer your questions...
Blogger and Blogspot are the same.
Nifty backgrounds...it depends. Often, they're in the template, but sometimes you can find them for free online. And sometimes, people make them.
What do you mean by topic bars?

Let me know if you need anything else. :)

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) http://www.wordpress.com is a great blogging site. You can have more than one blog going. I'm on it.

message 7: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 150 comments I have three different blogs on blogger, and I write for two others...

I've heard good things about wordpress, though.

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 16, 2010 10:35AM) (new)

Ok peeps. I just started a blog. It is a work in progress and I don't have any book reviews done but the set up is complete until I can figure out how to do more.

http://aworldofpersonality.blogspot.com/

message 9: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 150 comments Nicely done. You'll like blogging, I think. :)

message 10: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) Well good job! I just check out your blog. Definitely a good start. :)

message 11: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Pfaff (kl_pfaff) I always want to blog, but I find that I never can keep up on it. I'll be excited for a minute and then it wears off and the updates stop.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm hoping I can do book reviews and then toss in a bit of life and travel. That way I'm hoping the blog wont become boring.

message 13: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) That sounds like a good idea to me!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I think it is kind of cool that you can back date your posts. I just added a short blurb for Animal Kingdom from last year.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

My review of Beautiful Creatures. I also completed one on Vision of White by Nora Roberts.

http://aworldofpersonality.blogspot.c...

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm having a lot fun with this blog thing. Right now my youngest is doing my hair. That is going to be quit the picture. LOL!

Does anyone else blog? Book Reviews?

message 17: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 150 comments I do. But you knew that...

message 18: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) cool blog the only time i ever did a blog was for IT .I dont have the patience to keep one

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks. I've had fun with it so far.

message 20: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) | 130 comments I have a blog that mostly has stories and poems by me, but I think I will start reviews of book I have read also, starting in March.