Books I Loathed discussion

Twilight and The House of Night

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David | 3 comments They make me want to cry on the inside.

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lmulls) House of Night is just a nono. It's terrible.

message 3: by David (new)

David | 3 comments indeed

message 4: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 79 comments Twilight was a cliche' fest with a terrible plot the whole time.
House of Night would've been good if it hadn't gone on for a billion books.

message 5: by LilaBird (new)

LilaBird | 7 comments I love Twilight, but I TOTALLY agree about House of Night series. It SUCKED. Horrible writing. So pretentious. Have P.C. & Kristen Cast ever even MET a teenager????

message 6: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 14 comments I haven't read the House of Night, but I have read Twilight and I didn't like it. (I mean REALLY didn't like it)

message 7: by Storm (new)

Storm Arashi (stormarashi) | 15 comments I used to really REALLY love the House of Night series when I was a young teen, Burned had just come out, so I had bought as many as the books as I could get my hands on...Sadly, whilst I adored it in the beginning, the series just...Dropped the ball. It just got to a point where I couldn't read it anymore because she was bodily tormenting my favorite characters and I dropped it. I then find out that my favorite characters ALL! DIE! And that the main character turns into a Mary-Sue.

Also... All of their "Vampyre" rituals are actually Pagan rituals ( I even had the Fledgling handbook... Yeah... That's more like a beginner's Pagan spellbook)

message 8: by Gina (new)

Gina (get-your-read-on) | 6 comments My friends recommended "House of Night" to me. I read the first four books within a couple days. I kept expecting them to get better... and better but all they did was get worse, and worse.

I HATED them. I hated the characters, I hated the "brown pop" the needless need to call EVERY CORNER OF EVERY ELEMENT EVERY FUCKIN TIME.
I hated the stupid "cute" moments of the girls fighting in the shower. Zoey controls all the elements why even fight?

I just... there is nothing redeeming about this series at all.

I hated it.,

I really liked Twilight when I first read it, but I've always loved vampires and it seemed a little fresh to me. I read them before Eclipse came out. I always hated Bella. I hated Bella from the moment she opened her stupid mouth.

But then I grew up and Breaking Dawn happened...
Or dear God.

message 9: by Storm (new)

Storm Arashi (stormarashi) | 15 comments Gina wrote: "My friends recommended "House of Night" to me. I read the first four books within a couple days. I kept expecting them to get better... and better but all they did was get worse, and worse.

I HAT..."

Erm...On the calling of the elements every single time, as the books are heavily Pagan based, the ritual they do is an elemental ritual based around Pagan Tradition. Not defending the book, but the Pagan rituals and practices used as Vampyre traditions and folklore.

message 10: by Gina (new)

Gina (get-your-read-on) | 6 comments it's not the spells, those were interesting. but I understood it the first 50 times. like later on I just felt like the book could have been shortened quite a few times if they quickly summarized the spells instead of writing it out every time.that's just my thoughts though. :)

message 11: by Storm (new)

Storm Arashi (stormarashi) | 15 comments Gina wrote: "it's not the spells, those were interesting. but I understood it the first 50 times. like later on I just felt like the book could have been shortened quite a few times if they quickly summarized t..."

And we're all entitled to our opinions. owo