Witches, Weres, and Vamps, Oh MY! discussion

Other Book Related Discussions > 2010 Favorite Reads

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) | 1166 comments Mod
2010 is under way and going strong! What have been your favorite books so far this year?

I have three books that stand out as favorites for 2010
1.As the World Dies: Siege: A Zombie Trilogy: Book Three SO GOOD... I was bawling. Not elegant tears down my cheeks but sobs.
2. The Faceless Ones - such a charming YA series. I love the humor in it.
3. The Gargoyle - This wasn't a typical book for me but it's stuck with me. I reflect on it often.

message 2: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) My favorite reads so far this year are:
[image error] , Raining Cat Sitters and Dogs (Dixie Hemingway Mysteries, #5) by Blaize Clement and The Dark Divine by Bree Despain . Interesting to me that 2 of them are YA fantasies.

Awesomevegan (AKA JenReads) (awesomevegan) | 6 comments So far I loved Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater and The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan but I have only read 9 so far. I know... embarrassing! LOL.

message 4: by Dawn (last edited Feb 13, 2010 12:07AM) (new)

Dawn (dawnv) My top two would be Frostbitten (Women of the Otherworld, #10) by Kelley Armstrong and Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica, #4) by Larissa Ione

message 5: by Elena (last edited Feb 13, 2010 04:23AM) (new)

Elena I loved Shades of Midnight. I gave it 5 stars. I didn't realized it was the 7th book of a series but it stand alone fine. Vampire's romance and action.

message 7: by VMom (last edited Feb 18, 2010 10:29AM) (new)

VMom (votermom) | 29 comments Good idea to list them before I forget:

5 stars:
I have fallen in love with Amelia Peabody:
Crocodile on the Sandbank (Amelia Peabody, #1) by Elizabeth Peters The Curse of the Pharaohs (Amelia Peabody, #2) by Elizabeth Peters The Mummy Case (Amelia Peabody, #3) by Elizabeth Peters Lion in the Valley (Amelia Peabody, #4) by Elizabeth Peters

my 8yo & I had a blast reading this together at bedtime:
Knight's Castle by Edward Eager

4 stars:
What Remains of Heaven A Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery (Sebastian St. Cyr, #5) by C.S. Harris Heart's Blood (Whistling Tor, #1) by Juliet Marillier A Catch of Consequence by Diana Norman Nine Gates (Breaking the Wall, #2) by Jane Lindskold Through Wolf's Eyes (Firekeeper Saga, #1) by Jane Lindskold City of Shadows A Novel of Suspense by Ariana Franklin

oops, forgot to list Turn Coat (The Dresden Files, #11) by Jim Butcher which I gave 5 stars

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Riga (aeriga) I loved the Study Series
Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder

message 9: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) | 1166 comments Mod
I have to add two more books to my fav's of 2010 list...

Black Magic Sanction was kind of a given for me. Can't help but love that series!

The Alchemy Of Stone was a surprise for me. I'm so glad it was picked for a group read!

message 10: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) I can add 3 more: Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater (I gave this one a 10!), The Seventh Witch (An Ophelia and Abby Mystery, Book 7) by Shirley Damsgaard and The Diva Paints the Town (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #3) by Krista Davis . I have another that's close: If Books Could Kill (A Bibliophile Mystery, #2) by Kate Carlisle .

message 11: by Sandy (new)

Sandy My favorite reads so far this year have been Spider's Bite
and Tempest Rising