Children's Books discussion

Holiday / Seasonal Reads > President's Day

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathryn, The Princess of Picture-Books (new)

Kathryn | 5194 comments Mod
Any favorite picture books on America's presidents??? Or even on presidential duties?

message 2: by Kathryn, The Princess of Picture-Books (new)

It's been ages since I read it, but I really liked Woodrow, the White House Mouse

message 3: by Kathryn, The Princess of Picture-Books (new)

WOW, what an AWESOME list, Abigail!!! Thank you SO much :-)

message 4: by Kathryn, The Princess of Picture-Books (new)

Reviving this thread for the upcoming holiday!

message 5: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 192 comments Wonderful list Abigail, thank you so much for posting all of these presidents and book suggestions for celebrating the day!!

message 6: by Kathryn, The Princess of Picture-Books (new)

Abigail wrote: "I listed a number of books about presidents, above, but what about stories concerning the celebration of President's Days? I see that Anne Rockwell has one, Presidents' Day, about a ..."

Great idea, Abigail! Thanks for adding to the already excellent list you have made here.

message 7: by Kathryn, The Princess of Picture-Books (last edited Feb 02, 2012 02:30PM) (new)

Here's a recent article from the NY Times that mentions several picture books that look fabulous. Alas, my library has none of them. I'm going to put in some requests!!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/15/boo...

message 8: by Kathryn, The Princess of Picture-Books (new)

I'm also really excited to learn about the Cheryl Harness Histories books. I've really enjoyed some of her work in the past (her illustrations are gorgeous!) One that looks suitable for a Presidents theme is The Remarkable Rough-Riding Life of Theodore Roosevelt and the Rise of Empire America