Beyond Reality discussion

SERIES—List & Discussions > Miles Vorkosigan--MIRROR DANCE - final thoughts? *may contain spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stefan, Group Founder + Moderator (Retired) (new)

Stefan (sraets) | 1667 comments Mod
We only have a couple of days left for this book, so... any final thoughts?

Discussion of Memory, the next book in the series, will start on Monday!

message 2: by Random (last edited Feb 15, 2010 04:36PM) (new)

Random (rand0m1s) | 818 comments The Miles books are always good fodder for quotes.
One of my favorites in this one..

"I’m at Lilly Durona’s. God, Miles. What a place. What a woman. She let me have a bath. She put my skin back on. She fixed my foot. She gave me a hypo of muscle-relaxant for my back. With her own hands, she performed medical services too intimate and disgusting to describe, but very badly needed, I assure you, and held my head while I screamed. Did I mention the bath? I love her, and I want to marry her."

All this was delivered with such dead-pan enthusiasm, Miles could not tell if Mark was joking. "What are you on?" he asked suspiciously.

"Pain killers. Lots and lots of pain killers. Oh, it’s wonderful!" He favored Miles with a weird broad grin. "But don’t worry, my head is perfectly clear. It’s just the bath. I was holding it together till she gave me the bath. It unmanned me."

message 3: by Ken (new)

Ken (ogi8745) | 1348 comments A bit late but here goes

I read the omnibus and ended up reading this right after Brothers in Arms which I didn't like all the much. The beginning of this book I did not enjoy, I thought the author was dumping on Mark a bit to much. Once Mark ended up on Barryar I thought the book picked up considerably.