Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > Local Library

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:07PM) (new)

Rebecca | 8 comments I would love it if I could have books on my "to be read" list sent to my local library via goodreads. I'm sure this would be a lot of work on Goodreads end, but what a wonderful added feature it would be for Goodread members (okay, ME).

message 2: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl Sent from where?

message 3: by Meghan (new)

Meghan (meghankrogh) Rebecca (Retro Sunday!), a lot of library catalogues are available to add in your book links settings, which will then show up on the book page next to "Get a copy." If you search for your library in the list and don't find it, let us know at support at goodreads dot com. We may be able to locate their catalogue for you.

I use this feature to search the San Francisco Public Library catalogue for the next books on my to read list, and then place a hold for those books online. Within a few days those books are usually waiting for me at my local library branch. Pretty handy!

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) | 9 comments You can also add book links to inter-library loan systems and the ebook/audio book download program for your library (if available; a lot of U.S. Libraries use overdrive.com if you want to check if your library participates). I have all our local library systems added just fine to my get a copy buttons.

Add exactly as Meghan said, under "book links" -- then when you are looking at the three green get-a-copy buttons the leftmost is a sponsored link, the middle are booksellers, and the rightmost button will show libraries or other non-retail sites.

You can also add your local brick and mortar stores (if they have a website that will search by title or isbn) under book links -- just make sure to click that they are "commercial" site to show them under middle button with amazon and other bookseller sites.