The Next Best Book Club discussion

Non-Book Related Banter > February Birthdays!!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 201 (201 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (tdallonsy) Discussion thread for Stargate Universe #1 - Air (The Novelization of the pilot episode of the series)
Stargate Universe: Air
Stargate Universe Air (SGU, #1) by James Swallow

What did you think of the plot? Characters? Writing? Any favorite dialogue/scenes? Share your thoughts and comments below!

message 2: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany  (tiffanyyy_wang) Probably someone already had this... or not, but seriously.... the end of Catching Fire sux!

message 3: by JSou (new)

JSou I just noticed there wasn't a thread for birthdays this month! Anyone out there celebrating a birthday this month? Happy Birthday to you all! :o)

message 4: by Kandice (new)

Kandice My youngest son's birthday is February 15th. He was my late Valentine. ♥

message 5: by Karen (new)

Karen | 28 comments Had mine yesterday...glad it's over for another year...;o) Although yesterday was wonderful!!!!

message 6: by Kandice (new)

Kandice Happy birthday (late) Karen!

message 7: by JSou (new)

JSou Happy Birthday, Karen! I'm glad you had a good day!

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura Yes it does. :( District 12, I'll miss you! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!I can only wonder what happened to Madge... I sorta liked her...

message 9: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany  (tiffanyyy_wang) Oh yeah.... I hope she got out....

message 10: by Laura (new)

Laura I'm worried about Lady. She was such a nice goat *sniffle*

message 11: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments Thank You, Jess... I've been out of it...

Happy Birthday, you little Valentines!!! and I hope all of you Pisceans are poised and ready to swim in, with all of your irridescence... ready to fool us with your grace and ability to appear as something you are not...or are you???

message 12: by KarenLee (new)

KarenLee My birthday is February 15, my son's was February 10 and my sisters was February 9!

message 13: by Robin (new)

Robin Higgins (arsinoe) I watched the inital pilot of SG:Air but have not followed the show nearly as much. I have the book, but I've got a couple I'm finishing up before I start that one, although I did read the first couple of pages. So I'll have to hurry up and read it.

message 14: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany  (tiffanyyy_wang) I don't think she got out...

message 15: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany  (tiffanyyy_wang) *silence*

All done!

message 16: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany  (tiffanyyy_wang) YAYZ!

message 17: by Laura (new)

Laura GOOD FOR YOU!!!
I read it last year and it took me forever.

message 18: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade Anne Frank takes FOREVER to get through, but it's actually a pretty good book, when you look back and think about it... :|

message 19: by xXRossiya AruXx (new)

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) ☂ That Girl Named Jenn ☂ wrote: "I'M DONE WITH ANNE FRANK CRAP!"

LOLZ!

message 20: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany  (tiffanyyy_wang) Waaayyyyy better than Watership Down. Like, this book I would just read and be like, this is a little boring. I really didn't want to read Watership Down and it was so painful I kinda just gave up.

message 21: by Laura (new)

Laura I read the first page of a book and gave up. It's like my new record.

message 22: by xXRossiya AruXx (new)

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) ☂ That Girl Named Jenn ☂ wrote: "Nightshade wrote: "Anne Frank takes FOREVER to get through, but it's actually a pretty good book, when you look back and think about it... :|"

It's not that bad. A little boring, but not bad. >_<"

yah

message 23: by Laura (new)

Laura the beginning is the most exciting part.

message 24: by xXRossiya AruXx (new)

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) yah

message 25: by Laura (new)

Laura the end is sad though.....she gets killed. *sigh* Poor Anne Frank.

message 26: by xXRossiya AruXx (new)

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) who?

message 27: by Laura (new)

Laura Anne Frank gets killed. In a concentration camp. :*(

message 28: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade I know. I was thinking about it when I did a project on her and I was like "Wow. I think my life sucks so bad, but really, I'm nothing." It kinda makes you think... :/

And the kicker: She seriously ALMOST made it to the liberation day for Bergen-Belsen (the camp where she was kept). If she'd just held out for... like, 2-3 more months, she would've been liberated by the Allies and she would've been free. And I remember hearing that she thought her whole family was dead, too. :(

message 29: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany  (tiffanyyy_wang) Laura wrote: "I read the first page of a book and gave up. It's like my new record. "

Oh Watership? Well, I wouldn't have read it at all... I'd read the first letter. But it was 4 SCHOOL.

message 30: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany  (tiffanyyy_wang) .... O.o

message 31: by Laura (new)

Laura I wasn't talking about Watership. Maybe I should try reading that.....*puts on to-read list*

message 32: by Laura (new)

Laura not really.

message 33: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany  (tiffanyyy_wang) Laura wrote: "I wasn't talking about Watership. Maybe I should try reading that.....*puts on to-read list*"

Yeah. Really. Don't.

message 34: by Laura (new)

Laura okay. I didn't.

message 35: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade My record on a book... I forced myself through seven pages of The Thief Lord, got ridiculously bored, and gave up.

Same with Inkheart, except I got about 65 pages into it... then I got bored and gave up. Personally, I don't think I missed much.

I'd rather read Percy Jackson or Catching Fire or watch Avatar or something.

message 36: by Laura (new)

Laura yesh. they are much better!

message 37: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany  (tiffanyyy_wang) Laura wrote: "okay. I didn't. "

Good.

message 38: by Laura (new)

Laura Has nanybody seen Avatar in Imax yet?

message 39: by Laura (new)

Laura I should go...

message 40: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade Avatar meaning movie-with-blue-people, or Avatar meaning Avatar: The Last Airbender? Because I'm talking about The Last Airbender, which is AMAZING.

message 41: by Laura (new)

Laura Well, first I was talking about the last Airbender, because you already said you speak of that one when you say Avatar....and the second time, when I spoke of Imax, I meant Avatar as in blue people, because I don't think the Last Airbender is in Imax.

message 42: by Laura (new)

Laura Ja.

message 43: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade The Last Airbender is out in July...

message 44: by Laura (new)

Laura which explains why nobody's seen it yet.

message 45: by Laura (new)

Laura *gasp* Jenn, how could you?!

message 46: by Laura (new)

Laura issokay. :)

message 47: by Laura (new)

Laura you still have the roses, don't you?

message 48: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany  (tiffanyyy_wang) No.

message 49: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire :O

I think I'm the only person on Earth who hasn't seen Avatar.

message 50: by Laura (new)

Laura -_-

« previous 1 3 4 5