The ultimate Percy Jackson and the Olympians group that every Half-Blood must join! discussion

Movie! > SEEN IT??

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Bianca, The Ninja (new)

Bianca (otakuninja) | 1760 comments Mod
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY!!!! IT WAS....AMAZING! LIKE A STORY WITHIN ITSELF, FORGET TE CHANGES..

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) No. I hated it. Loved the actors, but hated the plot. There was no Oracle, not Great Prophacy, No Mist, (I could go on and on) and Luke wasn't working for Kronos. How will they make another, aka continue the seires, if they don't have the main points?

message 3: by ~•Scout•~ (new)

~•Scout•~ (doggeyworld) They didn't have the Arch scene and Olympus looked like a greekified Hogwarts, and there was a Hydra.

If your looking for a movie like Harry Potter it's good, if your looking for it to be like the book it'll suck.

YAY MIDNIGHT SHOWING!!!!!!!!!!

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) lol. I agree with you, scout.

message 5: by Bianca, The Ninja (last edited Feb 12, 2010 12:35PM) (new)

That's what I'm talkig about, I think it's a great movie, if it were just a moie not based on anything. There was no way they could fit everything in one movie.

I do think that they could have taken out going to Nashville, and replaced it with the Arch or Ares, and yes, added the Oracle. I think that they could have saved movie runtime by keeping the capture the flag game and have his claiming there, because I hated the fact that he got there and already knew his Olympian parent. Also, Persephone was in the Underworld at the wrong time!! They got the actual myth wrong. And yeah, way too many characters were cut, like Mr. D!

But overall, I think it was an awesome movie, because tey did twist in an interesting way.

I LOVED THE MEDUSA PART XD

I thought it would be way below my expectations, and they were low, but I actually thought it was good and a lot of effort was put into it.

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) i thought it was stupid that they had the movie about trying to find the pearls. And no Ares?! >_<

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

It was a good movie. If you've never read the books. But it was totally wrong!!! I mean NO ARES! And no Clarisse!! and I think it should've been a PG-13 instead of PG

message 8: by Bianca, The Ninja (new)

I think it depends on how you see it. I think of the book as great, and the movie great, Alone, and even though huge parts like that were cut, I'm not going to compare.

message 9: by ~•Scout•~ (new)

~•Scout•~ (doggeyworld) Also the Lotus Hotel could have been cut down on, they didn't need so much in it.

And the songs were so cheesy.

message 10: by Devan, Sarcasm Expert (last edited Feb 13, 2010 02:54PM) (new)

Devan, Sarcasm Expert (CuriousCat) As readers we can never really believe the movie will be better than the books, but there was a lot wrong with the movie. When I saw the movie I thought Rick Riordan needs to call up JK Rolling to ask her for director advice. I had thought I it would be a bit HP-esqe in the way that it would stay true to the story. I was wrong, and the director misinterpreted the story line.

Here are the good things:
Gover- Was exellent, and super funny couldn't have been played any better.
Gods- Were very well played especially Poseidon, but they weren't involved enough in the story. Like many have said no Ares.
Scenes- The Lotus Hotel was a very good but a little to long. And the effects were really good and the boat ride too was very detailed.

Now the bad things:
Actors- This is one of the factors that made the movie suffer the most.
1) The Percy was too underplayed not showing enough emotions. When he woke up after losing his mom he wasn't very upset, I mean your mom just died and you don't look that down about it.
2) Annabeth was one of the worst actors. She was like "Oh wait! Luke did it, he betrayed us." Annabeth was the one who kept denying that Luke was a bad guy in the book. So they completely mischaracterized her.
3) They all looked to old. In fact so old enough that they were perfict for the last book which they are all 16, not 11.
Scenes-
1) Camp-The camp looked all wrong it was just wood and canopies. Also no big tree and the distance to the camp wasn't far as it should have been. Besides the visual expectations, there was hardly any information given about housing, and the Gods. There was no Clarisse, no Mr. D, no Oracle, and there was no big reveal at the river in fact they just all got up and left the camp.
2) Quest- The quest was more about finding pearls, and not about Ares. When they reached the Underworld they didn't even include Cronus anywhere in the plot.
3) Luke was in it too much, and at the end he was found out. He also had the big fight with Percy. And the last hit knocked him into the water, so you were like did he die or something.

So yhea there was a lot wrong with the movie, and sorry this post is so long.

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) No prob. You're right.

Devan, Sarcasm Expert (CuriousCat) Yhea their was a lot to cover.

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) I guess they could say that Luke was working for Kronos, but...

Devan, Sarcasm Expert (CuriousCat) The person who watched the movie with me said its like the 6th Harry Potter movie. Where if you read the book they really weren't that great, but Harry Poter had exllent actors so a lot was made up of the misuse of story line.

message 15: by ~•Scout•~ (new)

~•Scout•~ (doggeyworld) I was talking to some one who didn't read the book and she liked the movie.

Again it's a nice cheesy movie with good graphics (when I say cheesy I'm talking about the songs). But what bugged me was no Cerberus (like really?) and the Hellhounds were all wrong.

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) They could have replaced that whole Hydra scene with a good Cerberus. The hydra doesn't come in till the SOM.

message 17: by ~•Scout•~ (new)

~•Scout•~ (doggeyworld) Yep.

Devan, Sarcasm Expert (CuriousCat) What's SOM?

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) Sea of Monsters

Devan, Sarcasm Expert (CuriousCat) Oh! That makes sense. You have to love Percy's brother. Did anyone else laugh really hard when they were at the Hoover Damm in book 4.

message 22: by ~•Scout•~ (new)

~•Scout•~ (doggeyworld) Me.

Devan, Sarcasm Expert (CuriousCat) If your a PJ fan then you got to love that part. It was the small amount of humor in that somewhat depressing book :(

message 24: by ~•Scout•~ (last edited Feb 14, 2010 10:24PM) (new)

~•Scout•~ (doggeyworld) There is always humor in the books along with sadness, it's part of what makes the books so great. They make you laugh when you know your sad. I think that's part of what makes Rick such a good writer.

Edit:

That's why I wasn't pleased with the movie. The books do such a wonderful job capturing emotions that were almost totally left out in the movie.

message 25: by Bianca, The Ninja (new)

All movies are going to be change fro
the book.

I dont think they are going to make one for each book, because all the books were a lead-up to TLO, and the movie can't really keep something going.

message 26: by ~•Scout•~ (new)

~•Scout•~ (doggeyworld) It really can't. Without Cronos there really isn't a plot to lead into a second movie.

message 27: by Bianca, The Ninja (new)

They changed it too much.

message 28: by xXRossiya AruXx (new)

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) | 155 comments yah

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) If they make a second movie, he could come back to camp and that's when they introduce the Great Prophecy. The thing is, the second book was about healing the camp.

message 30: by ~•Scout•~ (new)

~•Scout•~ (doggeyworld) Yep.

message 31: by Bianca, The Ninja (new)

I still loved it.

message 32: by Floride (new)

Floride Pj?

message 33: by Bianca, The Ninja (new)

Stands for Percy Jackson

message 34: by Floride (new)

Floride Ohhh kk

message 35: by Elyana (new)

Elyana | 36 comments there was no hydra
the entrence to the under world was in a shop
mrs.dodds was wearing a leather jacket in the book
mr.D is not in the movie
clarsse is not in the movie
percy is supposted to be on annebeths team
there is supposted to be a hell hound durring capture the flag
(i can go on longer but i think you get my point )
one more thing though luke is suposted to be hot not percy

message 36: by Devan, Sarcasm Expert (last edited Feb 26, 2010 02:26PM) (new)

Devan, Sarcasm Expert (CuriousCat) Well Percy should have looked 12 so he wasn't supose to look hot, and Luke did kindof looked...no

message 37: by Bianca, The Ninja (new)

Was the whole point of the books for cjaracters to look hot? I dont think Rick Riordan was going for thst...

message 38: by xXRossiya AruXx (new)

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) | 155 comments movie was horrible

message 39: by Bianca, The Ninja (new)

I liked it.

message 40: by xXRossiya AruXx (new)

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) | 155 comments I was not happy. AT ALL.

message 41: by Bianca, The Ninja (new)

Its good not comparing it to the book

message 42: by xXRossiya AruXx (new)

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) | 155 comments it.
was.
a.
epic.
FAILURE. compared to book

message 43: by Bianca, The Ninja (new)

haha Yes, but not a failure bot compared. ^_^

message 44: by xXRossiya AruXx (new)

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) | 155 comments meh...

message 45: by Bianca, The Ninja (new)

Hehe

message 46: by ~•Scout•~ (new)

~•Scout•~ (doggeyworld) Good graphics, but not my kind of movie.

As a movie I think The Shining (old movie) has better acting and plot, but it did have great graphics.

message 47: by Bianca, The Ninja (new)

Yeah I liked the graphics too. I think the acting was pretty good.

message 48: by xXRossiya AruXx (new)

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) | 155 comments no

message 49: by ~•Scout•~ (new)

~•Scout•~ (doggeyworld) No, all Percy did was the same hand movement with the weird finger thing and Chiron just played around with his stick. Annabeth just stood around in the background and barely smiled. The only good actors were Grover and Medusa.

message 50: by Bianca, The Ninja (new)

Yes, I agree that Grover and Medusa were best. But tin my opinion, I think they all did good.

« previous 1