Vampire Lovers☻ discussion

Group Archives > What Book did you buy?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 443 (443 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Mel (new)

Mel I just came back from Borders, I brought The Historian since I couldn't find it in the library.
And I was thinking...what is everyone else buying?

message 2: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Antal (brittanylovesvampires) | 49 comments i actually bought that book as well like a month ago and haven't picked it up yet because ive been too wrapped up in a few other series...please tell me what you think of the book id love to hear it. recently i bought the night world books and i like them so far but my only thing is i love series books and the stories in the books are good and sort of tie in together but not as much as id hoped they would. but before that was vampire academy which i absolutely LOVED...what have you read as far as vampire books? alot or are you just getting started?

message 3: by Starzee, Group under serious construction! (new)

Starzee | 3680 comments Mod
well i bought these books a couple of days ago:

Covet by J.R. Ward
Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Night Pleasures by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Night Embrace by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Beyond the Highland Mist by Karen Marie Moning
Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning
A Quick Bite by Lynsay Sands

and a couple of others but cant remember off the top of my head

message 4: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Kinslow (vampire_kiki_hope_29) | 1043 comments i bruoght a lot ill be on tomorrow and put them down

message 5: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Antal (brittanylovesvampires) | 49 comments I'm going to barnes and noble today so ill let you know what I buy

message 6: by Twidlebug (new)

Twidlebug Last book I bought was:
Dracula The Un-Dead by Dacre Stoker, Ian Holt,
Going Bovine By Libba Bray
The Magicians by Levi Grossman

I got a great deal...our walden books was going out of business.

message 7: by Fangs sister (new)

Fangs sister (fangssister) The last book a bought was Sovay.

message 8: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Antal (brittanylovesvampires) | 49 comments k just got back from B7N and picked up three books...

How To Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1) by Kerrelyn Sparks Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods, #1) by Melissa de la Cruz

message 9: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 4518 comments you will love dark lover

message 10: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Antal (brittanylovesvampires) | 49 comments thats what i hear.....im really looking forward to it everyone seems to absolutely love it im so excited!

message 11: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 4518 comments after reading the first book i was soooooo in lvoe with wrath... i bet you will be too!!

message 12: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Antal (brittanylovesvampires) | 49 comments haha i hope soo ill let you know!

message 13: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (heatherbenson) The most recent books that I've bought are:
The Secret Garden
No Time for Goodbye
Intertwined

message 14: by Mel (new)

Mel Oh, I started The Secret Garden but never finished it.

message 15: by Fangs sister (new)

Fangs sister (fangssister) dangerous days of daniel X.

message 16: by Mel (new)

Mel Brittany wrote: "i actually bought that book as well like a month ago and haven't picked it up yet because ive been too wrapped up in a few other series...please tell me what you think of the book id love to hear i..."

Hmmm...I guess I haven't read a lot of vamp books. I have read Vampire Academy (I love it too!!), I am still reading the Sookie Series, I'm on the 8th book. I like the Blue Bloods although I haven't read the last book yet, still sitting on my desk.
Of course Twilight. I added a lot to my TBR list since I joined this group. Although it is hard since I try to read other genre of books as well.
I just finished The Last Victim by Jason Moss. I plan on reading the Time Traveler's Wife, and also Still Alice.

There is never enough time to read everything I want.

message 18: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Antal (brittanylovesvampires) | 49 comments Mel wrote: "Brittany wrote: "i actually bought that book as well like a month ago and haven't picked it up yet because ive been too wrapped up in a few other series...please tell me what you think of the book ..."

I absolutely agree, and i must admit, I actually just started reading at all when twilight came out on dvd, i watched it then read the books and havent stopped reading since then...i read maybe two books of my own free will in my entire life before that and im soo mad at myself because i now know what ive been missing out on!

message 19: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (heatherbenson) Mel wrote: "Oh, I started The Secret Garden but never finished it."

Was it bad? I love the movie and have always wanted to read the book.

message 20: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Kinslow (vampire_kiki_hope_29) | 1043 comments ok im back so here it is my long list

Sea Change by James Powlik
Bitten by Kelley Armstrong
No Body's Perfect by Kimberly Kirberger
Flight Of The Raven by Ellen Harris
The Butterfly House by Marcia Preston
First Aid by Janet Davey
Off Armagedon Reef by David Weber
Ask The Parrot by Richard Stark
The Blue Roan Child by Jamieson Findlay
virgin Heat by Laurence Shames
Chindi by Jack McDevitt
Still Waters by Tami Hoag
The Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright
Sam's letters to Jennifer by James Patterson
A bend in the road by Nicholas Sparks
Poems of Joy from the salesian collection
The mermaids singing by Lisa Carey
Monsoon by Wilbur Smith
What is my cat thinking? by Gwen Bailey
8th day by Kate Calloway
Why do cats do that? by Kim Thornton

message 21: by Mel (new)

Mel Heather wrote: "Mel wrote: "Oh, I started The Secret Garden but never finished it."

Was it bad? I love the movie and have always wanted to read the book."

I don't think it was bad...boring at the time. But I was younger and I want to give it another go before I quit for good.

message 22: by Mel (new)

Mel Vampwolf(Likira)(Kiki)(Vampire Kiki)(Ninetales) wrote: "ok im back so here it is my long list

Flight Of The Raven by Ellen Harris
The Butterfly House by..."

I want to read
The Wednesday Letters. Tell me what you think of it.

message 23: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (heatherbenson) Mel wrote: "Heather wrote: "Mel wrote: "Oh, I started The Secret Garden but never finished it."

Was it bad? I love the movie and have always wanted to read the book."

I don't think it was bad...boring at the..."

that was kind of like when I read Pride and Prejudice, I didn't finish it but plan to some time.

message 24: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Kinslow (vampire_kiki_hope_29) | 1043 comments Mel wrote: "Vampwolf(Likira)(Kiki)(Vampire Kiki)(Ninetales) wrote: "ok im back so here it is my long list

Flight O..."

well i havent read it but i hear its good so if you want me to read it soon ill do that and get back to you ok

message 25: by Marielle, cool cat, good cat, pussy cat (new)

Marielle Savoie (MRSavoie) | 5497 comments Mod
Manga...Japanese manga

message 26: by Mel (new)

Mel Vampwolf(Likira)(Kiki)(Vampire Kiki)(Ninetales) wrote: "Mel wrote: "Vampwolf(Likira)(Kiki)(Vampire Kiki)(Ninetales) wrote: "ok im back so here it is my long list

No Body's Perfect by Kimberly Ki..."

Oh I have been trying to buy that book, but every time I pick it up I think there is something else I want to read more. And there usually is.

message 27: by Mel (new)

Mel Dory wrote: "Manga...Japanese manga"

The only manga that I've read was Vampire Knight, and I never got through all of it. I should get back to that one. It was pretty good. I love Zero!

message 28: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Kinslow (vampire_kiki_hope_29) | 1043 comments Mel wrote: "Vampwolf(Likira)(Kiki)(Vampire Kiki)(Ninetales) wrote: "Mel wrote: "Vampwolf(Likira)(Kiki)(Vampire Kiki)(Ninetales) wrote: "ok im back so here it is my long list

Bitten ..."

oh ok but ill read it soon if you want me too and tell you about it

message 29: by Mel (new)

Mel Vampwolf(Likira)(Kiki)(Vampire Kiki)(Ninetales) wrote: "Mel wrote: "Vampwolf(Likira)(Kiki)(Vampire Kiki)(Ninetales) wrote: "Mel wrote: "Vampwolf(Likira)(Kiki)(Vampire Kiki)(Ninetales) wrote: "ok im back so here it is my long list

Sea Change by James ..."

Thanks you're so sweet♥ Now if only you'd do my homework too, lol.

message 30: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Kinslow (vampire_kiki_hope_29) | 1043 comments if you want to be friend that would be cool too cause im looking for more friends and of and thanks i know im sweet and what kind of homework?

message 31: by Mel (new)

Mel oooo, yay friends!!

My homework is to design an amplifier that has a gain of at least 1000.

message 32: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Kinslow (vampire_kiki_hope_29) | 1043 comments Mel wrote: "oooo, yay friends!!

My homework is to design an amplifier that has a gain of at least 1000. "

hmm that sounds really hard what kind of class is this

message 33: by Mel (new)

Mel Feedback Circuits, I'm studying to be an engineer. It's getting harder since I rather read than do math at the moment.
Can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can have two cakes!

message 34: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Kinslow (vampire_kiki_hope_29) | 1043 comments wow thats cool and yea i know i hate that saying and i know right about the reading i have classes too and it hard cause i have books to read and i cant get them done cause of class

message 35: by Mel (new)

Mel it was a snow day today!!!!
I'm thinking about buying Catching Fire, I have a feeling I'll like it.

message 36: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) from RISI i ordered Masquerade

message 37: by Marielle, cool cat, good cat, pussy cat (new)

Mel wrote: "Dory wrote: "Manga...Japanese manga"

The only manga that I've read was Vampire Knight, and I never got through all of it. I should get back to that one. It was pretty good. I love Zero!"

Zero= nice
Kaname= MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 38: by Georgie (new)

Georgie | 13 comments I just bought the following:

SO YESTERDAY by Scott Westerfeld
THE RISEN EMPIRE (SUCESSION SERIES BOOK 1) by Scott Westerfeld
FADE by Lisa McMann
PRIDE AND PREJUDICE
SENSE AND SENSIBILITY
WUTHERING HEIGHTS

I have lots of reading to do, and I can't buy more books until I finish them all. :(

message 39: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i brought Secret Lives today

message 40: by Marielle, cool cat, good cat, pussy cat (new)

I go to the library more. English books here are soooo expensive!!! and in America, I have an AWESOME library, so I don't really buy books that much, just manga.

message 41: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) my library is rubbish so i dont really go i try and buy books when they are on offer or i have money off and i have been using a swapping site which only costs delivery

message 42: by Mel (last edited Feb 20, 2010 01:23PM) (new)

Mel Books are expensive, I just came back from the library, I picked up these books:

Hush, Hush
Catching Fire
Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Volume 1
A Wolf at the Table: A Memoir
Cry Wolf

I'm thinking I should have picked up lunch too, I'm starving!!

message 43: by Mel (new)

Mel ~♡Katie♡~ wrote: "my library is rubbish so i dont really go i try and buy books when they are on offer or i have money off and i have been using a swapping site which only costs delivery"

I get everything through interlibrary loans, otherwise they wouldn't have anything worth reading.

message 44: by Katoof (last edited Feb 20, 2010 01:33PM) (new)

Katoof | 4518 comments My library is tubbish so i buy most of mine, i do buy most on the internet as tghey are cheaper but have to wait for them to arrive

this week i have bought

Lucky by Alice Sebold Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #1) by Laurell K. Hamilton

[image error] An Ice Cold Grave (Harper Connelly Mystery, #3) by Charlaine Harris

Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian, #1) by Keri Arthur Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) by Ilona Andrews

Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2) by Ilona Andrews Nightfall (The Vampire Diaries The Return, #1) by L.J. Smith

Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine

Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3)  by Richelle Mead Night's Edge (MIRA) by Maggie Shayne

[image error] The Laughing Corpse (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #2)  by Laurell K. Hamilton

Covet (Fallen Angels, #1) by J.R. Ward Kissing Sin (Riley Jenson Guardian, #2) by Keri Arthur Tempting Evil (Riley Jenson Guardian, #3) by Keri Arthur

message 45: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 4518 comments omg, its looks so bad all in a list like that :S... not all have arrived yet and have read 2 1/2 of them... I have a problem... NO MONEY LEFT

oh dear

message 46: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) Lisa /isa VAMPIRE:) likes hitting IRAN with a pan wrote: "omg, its looks so bad all in a list like that :S... not all have arrived yet and have read 2 1/2 of them... I have a problem... NO MONEY LEFT

oh dear"

lol no its not i would love to be able to buy that many books

message 47: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 4518 comments I cant thats the problem... we are skint but i got carried away.... i did get them cheap online though so not nearly as bad as could have been... quite a few were on 4 for £10,.00 or 3 for £10.00 with free delivery so bargin but still alot of money

message 48: by Mel (new)

Mel Lisa /isa VAMPIRE:) likes hitting IRAN with a pan wrote: "My library is tubbish so i buy most of mine, i do buy most on the internet as tghey are cheaper but have to wait for them to arrive

this week i have bought

Lucky by Alice Sebold [bo..."

OOO, I want to read Lucky, but I still haven't read the Lovely Bones.

I'm saving my money for...well I don't know. I feel like I should get something new, I just don't know what it is.

message 49: by Mel (new)

Mel Lisa /isa VAMPIRE:) likes hitting IRAN with a pan wrote: "I cant thats the problem... we are skint but i got carried away.... i did get them cheap online though so not nearly as bad as could have been... quite a few were on 4 for £10,.00 or 3 for £10.00 ..."

Can't beat free shipping, I love amazon for that!

message 50: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 4518 comments i am reading it at the moment... only 60 pages in but its been so sad already

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9