Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

Romance in Our Lives > Romantic Gestures

Comments Showing 1-50 of 127 (127 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Flowers delivered at work?
A bath ran for you when you arrive home after a long day at work?
Heart Shaped food?
Name some romantic gestures that your sweeties have done for you in the past...
FYI my hubby did the ones listed :)

message 2: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) Nothing.

message 3: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (last edited Oct 24, 2010 02:15PM) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Makes me wonder if we have all lost the romantic spirit...

I haven't seen any romantic gestures in a few years but I do have a supportive and caring hubby.

message 4: by Julianna (last edited Oct 24, 2010 05:34PM) (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 671 comments I think supportive and caring can be very romantic. Flowers and cards are great, but some of my favorite memories are of those times that hubby was there for me during a time when I really needed him. He also has been supportive of my dreams and hobbies which mean more to me than anything he could buy and go a long way toward fostering romantic feelings.

message 5: by Jan (new)

Jan (libraryhag) My DH is far more romantic than I am. He gives the best foot rubs and I don't even have to ask him. He also brings me flowers sometimes for no reason.

Oh, and most important, he takes care of the kitty litter every day!

message 6: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Jan wrote: "My DH is far more romantic than I am. He gives the best foot rubs and I don't even have to ask him. He also brings me flowers sometimes for no reason.

Oh, and most important, he takes care of th..."

Wow! He's definitely a KEEPER!

message 7: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. The kitty litter is HUGELY romantic! Tell him how wonderful we think he is!

message 8: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) My husband cooks dinner most nights without being asked because he knows I end up working late a lot. He actually enjoys it. He's not one for flowers, but he buys me Amazon gift cards and leaves them by the computer sometimes, with a message saying he hasn't seen an Amazon box in awhile. And most important of all, I have an arthritic hip which I'm getting replaced early next year. It makes walking painful & difficult sometimes. Whenever we go somewhere he always drops me at the door so I don't have far to walk and he's always there to hold my hand when I get too tired. That might not be romantic to some, but it's terribly romantic to me!

message 9: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Melodie, he sounds like another keeper! My hubby drops me off at the door a lot too. I, in turn, wait for him at the door. I don't get flowers or much of anything really but sometimes he'll surprise me with a candy bar or a soda.

message 10: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Naughty Co-Mod (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 1922 comments Oh, Melodie... those things are very romantic, and I can see that not only do they mean the world to you, YOU mean the world to him.

message 11: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. Melodie, it's those little things they do everyday that are more romantic than huge things every once in awhile. At least that's my opinion. Your husband sounds wonderful!

message 12: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments When you get older (in my opinion anyway) the little things mean so much more than those big ones.

message 13: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Oh, Melodie... those things are very romantic, and I can see that not only do they mean the world to you, YOU mean the world to him."

He's a pretty good guy! We celebrate our 36th anniversary this Christmas. I was only 18 when we got married and my mother was just sure it would never last!

message 14: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Congrats, Melodie!

Robin (Saturndoo) (scoobydoo0811) My SO isn't much on sending flowers, cards or that type of thing but he does other stuff. My other hobby besides reading is crocheting...hence my picture/avatar. Last fall, I misplaced/lost one of my favorite crochet hook holders that a very very dear friend made for me along with a matching project bag. My hooks and holder are still lost, but just before Christmas we were going through some of my SO's mom's stuff. We ran across a trunk that had her doilies, some yarn,crochet books/patterns, other crocheted stuff and some pringles cans. Inside the pringles cans were ALL of her crochet hooks. He gave them to me along with all of her other crochet stuff!!!! He said he felt bad that I misplaced mine and he wanted me to have hers. I was shocked and asked him if he shouldn't be giving those to his sisters and he said "NO they don't bother coming around so why should I." He has also bought me some replacement hooks. The other thing he did was I had a magnetic needle case that one of our dogs chewed up. I found one at a hobby store but refused to pay the ridiculous price they were asking for it. He, without me knowing it, picked it up and carried it all through the store, bought and paid for it and then gave it to me later that evening : ) I know that it may not sound like anything meaningful but it is those little things that are important to me that MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE!!! He does other little things too like: He does woodworking and makes signs using a pantograph (sp). One morning I got up and he had made me a sign with my name and 2 Scooby Doos (my fav cartoon character) on it. I was thrilled!!

message 16: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments That is so neat, Robin!

message 17: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Robin, sounds romantic to me. Yes, its the little things that are so much more romantic than the flowers or chocolate. Any guy can give those but the ones who take the time to know you and then gives you something you would really appreciate...

message 18: by Robin (Saturndoo) (last edited May 08, 2012 07:59PM) (new)

Robin (Saturndoo) (scoobydoo0811) Thanks Lisa and Pamela. I'm just a sucker for those little things in life lol. You are so right about any guy can give flowers and chocolates, but I have learned it takes the special ones to give you those little treats that ONLY you would appreciate : )

message 19: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Naughty Co-Mod (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 1922 comments Some men just don't get it. My husband does the cliched box of candy (even though he knows I'm trying to lose weight) and the flowers. I appreciate the gesture, really, but there's not much thought that goes into it. After 32 years (the 10th of this month) you'd think he could come up with something different, something a bit more meaningful like not being an asshole for a whole day. :)

message 20: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Ooooooooooooh! Snap.

message 21: by Melissa (new)

Melissa My ex husband used to make little cards that he printed off the computer and leave for me on different occasions. Like for our one month anniversary, or trying to have a baby- yay!, it was really sweet & fun because I never knew when I was going to get one. It was never for "normal" events like yearly anniversary but just other events.

I think when a gesture is done on the normal days as opposed to an occasion day that its just that much sweeter!

message 22: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments That's so sweet, Melissa. Those men can be sweet when they want to. lol

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 13013 comments My husband is not a typical hearts and flowers man but is always there for me. We have an adult son with a significant disability and every year he takes two weeks off work to care for our son so I can have a holiday and a carer's break. This year I went to NYC. To me that's true love.

message 24: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Naughty Co-Mod (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 1922 comments Melissa wrote: "My ex husband used to make little cards that he printed off the computer and leave for me on different occasions. Like for our one month anniversary, or trying to have a baby- yay!, it was really..."

That is incredibly sweet. Don't know the circumstances, but it makes me sad he's your ex.

message 25: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Naughty Co-Mod (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 1922 comments That's wonderful, Lisa. He recognizes all that you do, and wants to give you some 'you' time. Awesome.

message 26: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments That wonderful, Lisa. I'm sure you needed it. Sometimes it's not about the hearts and flowers. ☺

message 27: by Zumbagirl (new)

Zumbagirl | 9 comments I don't think my husband has a romantic bone in his body. But he does many thoughtful things and is very helpful with the kids. We were reminiscing about movies we saw that were funny and he went and rented one of them again - Date Night - for us last night. It was our last "date night" before our kids returned from visiting relatives. We have a lot of fun together but I would like a little romance too. Maybe I'll write a book for him, "The Husband's Guide to Seducing Your Wife," as soon as I figure out what that entails!

message 28: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments lol. Good luck with that! ☺

message 29: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Naughty Co-Mod (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 1922 comments Zumba, I actually love that idea!! Imagine how much it would mean to him if you wrote a story using his and your names... instead of a 'how to' make it romance... like on a deserted island or something, and in the story, write your fantasies! The things you find romantic, or the things you want to explore in your sexual relationship. I bet he'd love it!!!

message 30: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments lol @ Dhes. That actually is a great idea. Wow, didn't know you had it in ya! lol. You know I'm just kidding right? hehe

message 31: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Naughty Co-Mod (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 1922 comments Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "lol @ Dhes. That actually is a great idea. Wow, didn't know you had it in ya! lol. You know I'm just kidding right? hehe"

Yeah, once in awhile I come up with some good ideas, especially when I remember my meds ;)

message 32: by Zumbagirl (last edited Aug 11, 2012 03:08PM) (new)

Zumbagirl | 9 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Zumba, I actually love that idea!! Imagine how much it would mean to him if you wrote a story using his and your names... instead of a 'how to' make it romance... like on a deserted island or somet..."

Dhes, the problem is I don't know what I want! We were trying to think of some role playing ideas and they were all so silly and not the least bit sexy. We have to reinvent ourselves, I think

message 33: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Naughty Co-Mod (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 1922 comments When you read a story, Zumbagirl, what things are most appealing? Try to remember those scenes and write yourselves into them, switching them up here and there. I don't mean plagiarize, but have fun!

message 34: by Raelene (new)

Raelene  (kretch) | 16 comments My husband picks up my shoes that I kick off when I come home from work and puts them in the closet!

message 35: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Raelene wrote: "My husband picks up my shoes that I kick off when I come home from work and puts them in the closet!"

I love this! Small things like that are the best!

message 36: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Does he do it without complaining? lol Then that's really romantic!

message 37: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "Does he do it without complaining? lol Then that's really romantic!"

Yeah, that's the important part!

message 38: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer My fiance is really more romantic than I am. He's incredibly thoughtful most (if not all) of the time. He leaves notes for me--sticks them in my work bag, to the bathroom mirror, anywhere he knows I'll see them--just to tell me how special he thinks I am. Really, I lucked out. He's great :)

message 39: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Notes are romantic! I remember early in our relationship, my hubby left me a note attached to a stuffed toy I had and I still have that note. It said that my stuffed toy "Andi Animal" would watch out for me til he got home. Sigh!

message 40: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Naughty Co-Mod (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 1922 comments You all have no idea how lucky you are. My husband's idea of romantic is asking me what I'd like for my fill in the blank and then asking if I need it gift wrapped.

message 41: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Oh, my ex (who was really a nice guy, when his "evil twin" didn't take over) left me an "F" note once when he was really, really pissed over something I did. I told him I was saving it for Exhibit A in the divorce suit. He freaked! LOL!

message 42: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Naughty Co-Mod (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 1922 comments What's an "F" note?

message 43: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments You know! Like an "F" bomb, but on a post-it-note. LOL!

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ This happened yesterday......I was totally freaked and feeling in a panic because I was laid off yesterday. So I am totally upset and trying to hide it from my boys, my husband gets home and I am DREADING telling him my news....so I do with tears, he hold/hugs me, tells me not to worry, pours me a glass of wine and tells me to file for unemployment benefits and enjoy a long overdue working mom vacation. There is a reason I have loved this man for 22 yrs!!

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ Lisa Kay wrote: "Oh, my ex (who was really a nice guy, when his "evil twin" didn't take over) left me an "F" note once when he was really, really pissed over something I did. I told him I was saving it for Exhibit..."

I love that! If I ever get an F-Bomb letter I am totally using it!! ;)

message 46: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments He sounds like a keeper, Dorsey!

message 47: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Naughty Co-Mod (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 1922 comments I agree, Dorsey. Don't let that one get away.

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ Thanks ladies.....its not always hearts & flower's but he ALWAYS has my back!! More supportive than romantic but it works LOL.

message 49: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Naughty Co-Mod (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 1922 comments Dorsey wrote: " he ALWAYS has my back!! More supportive than romantic but it works LOL. "

You have no idea how lucky you are.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 13013 comments But that's how a real relationship works. Of course it's nice to have the romantic gestures, chocs, flowers etc but being there for each other through good times and bad is real romance.

« previous 1 3