The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) The Lightning Thief discussion

The Lightning Thief

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Marlene this book is so awesome:) cant wait 2 c the movie!!!!!!!!

Kendall Anne Eh, the movie is OK, but not nearly as good as the book!

Marlene ik!!! the movie was kinda disappointing. :(

Sierra Bookworm☺️♪ movie was very disappointing, books are AWESOME!! when is the next Heroes of Olympus book gonna come out in the U.S.?

Janie The movie was terrible: key characters missing, an entire different plot, etc. The graphic novel was also a pretty big disappointment . I guess the book and series were just too good to be remade into some other type of media that could match it.

Rashina Janie wrote: "The movie was terrible: key characters missing, an entire different plot, etc. The graphic novel was also a pretty big disappointment . I guess the book and series were just too good to be remad..."

I agree. They alter so much stuff.

Nicole Janie wrote: "The movie was terrible: key characters missing, an entire different plot, etc. The graphic novel was also a pretty big disappointment . I guess the book and series were just too good to be remad..."

Your Right. The book is much better than the movie. Hope they make another movie of it.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I've never seen the movie, but the book was AMAZING! I loved it!

Sarah I'm going to get murdered for this, but I think the movie was far better than the book. The characters were more realistic (I ended up liking how they were highschoolers even though I thought it would irritate me) and there was more action.

This is coming from a visual effects geek, so please excuse me and return to your regularly scheduled nerdy complaining. :)

Kayla I was a bit disappointed with the movie and kept picking out what they changed I think if you're going to make a movie based on the book you need to be as close to the book as you can get instead of changing things just so the movie will sell.

Sierra Bookworm☺️♪ Kayla wrote: "I was a bit disappointed with the movie and kept picking out what they changed I think if you're going to make a movie based on the book you need to be as close to the book as you can get instead o..."

I agree! I was totally thinking the exact same thing =).

Kel (Faerie-bookworm) Proud wrote: "Kayla wrote: "I was a bit disappointed with the movie and kept picking out what they changed I think if you're going to make a movie based on the book you need to be as close to the book as you can..."

I agree!! I watched the movie with my son and had to leave the room it pissed me off so much. The book was awesome, the movie was horrible.

$teez YESSS

message 14: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa The book is better than the movie. The movie left out carcters and main events. The book is better than the movie!

Bjorn-The Last Viking The books where better than the movie. BUT I would uped the aged to attest 17. Can you see a 12 year old doing all that? Heck NO!

Sierra Bookworm☺️♪ Bjorn-The Last Viking wrote: "The books where better than the movie. BUT I would uped the aged to attest 17. Can you see a 12 year old doing all that? Heck NO!"

thats what makes him so special and emphasizes how powerful demigods are [especially from the big three gods]

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

the book WAS better than the movie. i think that the reason everyone hates the movie is because the people who made the movie basically just took the title then made a movie from it. the book and movie are just so different from eachother.
THE BOOKS R WAY BETTER!!

Peyton This is a great book! You shouls definently read it!

Ayunda I LOVE LOVE LOVE Percy!!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL *agrees*

Nicole ayundabs wrote: "I LOVE LOVE LOVE Percy!!"

Yess

Juliet yep, all of the books though, not just the first

message 23: by eves (new) - rated it 4 stars

eves the movie was horrible.