Manga Book Club discussion

Vampires > Vampire Knight

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Miss, Group creator (new)

Miss (godblesseveryone) | 151 comments Mod
Love the plot and characters. All who oppose will turn into is it level 0. lol

message 2: by Sephiroth (new)

Sephiroth (Cinderbolt) | 186 comments I love it. i quit reading it online, though...i didn't feel like waiting a month bewteen updates anymore.

Devan, Sarcasm Expert (CuriousCat) I've read it some of the series and most of what I read was good. Yet, I stopped reading it because it began to be to melodramtic for me, and some other reasons as well. But it is not a bad series, I've just lost my taste for it.

message 4: by Starbubbles, Respected Elder (last edited Feb 13, 2010 09:24PM) (new)

Starbubbles | 871 comments Mod
i loathed this series. it remains as the only series i have returned b/c i disliked it so much. there was never a single consquence for any action. 'oh, so what if you are turning into a vampire, just suck my blood, blah blah blah.' okay, it wasn't that bad. so i guess that puts me at level zero. but i really don't care much, since there are better series out there. i don't have to waste my money on something i'm not crazy about.

wow, that came out a tad more bitter than i intended. sorry about that

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I should really read this one. I can't find it anywhere and I'm to lazy to look. Ha Ha :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I know. Same here. It seems really cool and the drawing style seems nice

message 7: by Miss, Group creator (last edited Feb 15, 2010 01:38PM) (new)

Oh I love the manga and anime very much. I have only seen bits and pieces of each but loved the love triangle but didn't like the relationship between Kaname and Yuki.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I really really really really need to read it.

message 9: by Sephiroth (new)

Sephiroth (Cinderbolt) | 186 comments i like it, but the incest creeped me out. a lot.

message 10: by Starbubbles, Respected Elder (new)

they keep lots in stock at borders. i'm sure it's also online too.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

i don't really get why you have to buy the series.

there's always the library.

message 12: by Starbubbles, Respected Elder (new)

true, mine has like 3 copies of each vol. but i was just thinking that you can also read it in the store. haha

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

i read at barnes & noble sometimes, like those people who use book stores as library.

message 14: by Starbubbles, Respected Elder (new)

yeah. i don't feel so bad when i do that though. i spend so much on manga anyway, i don't feel like a complete mooch. plus, if you read it or throughly look through it at the store, you can check for defects. i've been finding holes in my books. it'll be a random page in the middle of the book, and when i go to exchange it, they look at me like i'm a crazy person. yes you can still read the page, but there is paper missing from my book. plus it's 10 bucks a book! i better not go home with a hole in it for that price.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

ten dollars for just one book?! wow!

message 16: by Miss, Group creator (new)

Same here that is why I read some of my manga online. I can't read books for $10

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

i go to a library. XD

message 18: by Starbubbles, Respected Elder (new)

yeah, some of the shojo beat stuff is 8, but most of that went up. what really gets me is the ones that are 11 or 12 a volume. it really makes buying long series difficult. i would suggest buying the big versions they have been recently releasing. you save lots of money that way. that is if you don't go to a library. you can't beat that saving.

message 19: by Katie (new)

Katie (shimmerpop) | 255 comments Vampire Knight started growing on me a little bit before she turned back into a vampire. Now, I'm really starting to like it alot. Zero was my favorite from the begining and I wasn't a very big fan of either Kaname or Yuki, but thats changing. Zero is still my favorite, but in alot of ways I like Kaname better. I like Yuki a lot better too, they're starting to have more personality. Plus, the plot is getting more interesting. I also really like Yagari and Akatsuki.

Zero

Kaname

Kaname and Yuki

I'll see if I can find more pictures later <3

message 20: by Violet (new)

Violet Sakura (violetsakura) | 25 comments One of my favourite mangas! And by my favourite mangaka Hino Matsuri-sensei!
I'm crazy about either Zero or Kaname (can't say the same about Yuuki)! Sorry can't choose!
I LOOOOVED the latest chapter! I bet Zero would let Yuuki bite him!

message 21: by No One (new)

No One (baka) Go to mangafox.com. There you can read the series.

message 22: by Violet (new)

Violet Sakura (violetsakura) | 25 comments Or onemanga.com :)

Devan, Sarcasm Expert (CuriousCat) I heard from a friend that Vic Mignogna will play the voice of Zero in the dubbed version of Vampire Knight.

message 24: by Violet (new)

Violet Sakura (violetsakura) | 25 comments Yup, it's true, I've read in Wikipedia :)
But, you know, I love his japanese voice sooo much, I don't even want to watch it dubbed. When he says "Yuuki..." I get goosebumps!!!

message 25: by No One (new)

No One (baka) Zero's voice actor is Light from Death Note. There's no wonder we love him. And Aidou-sempai is Lelouch from Code Geass.

message 26: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 42 comments Is it wrong that this is one of my favorite mangas and yet i have not been able to read the latest volume? The whole love triangle is driving me crazy because of how long it has been stretched. Really Yuuki needs to pick a side soon or am going to wait until the manga ends to finish it.LOL

message 27: by No One (new)

No One (baka) Rossy wrote: "Is it wrong that this is one of my favorite mangas and yet i have not been able to read the latest volume? The whole love triangle is driving me crazy because of how long it has been stretched. Rea..."

I understand it completely. I'm starting to loose my interest. Lately there's been so much text you have to read on the side to understand what's going on. Besides I think it's awful that Zero and Yuuki can't meet each other anymore. They should be together. They both are in love with each other, so Kaname is only a hindrance.

message 28: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 42 comments Ah, and here is where we part ways. *ROFLMAO* I love Kaname and i want him with Yuuki, her wishy washy ways is driving me crazy.

message 29: by Sephiroth (new)

Sephiroth (Cinderbolt) | 186 comments You do realize that Kaname is inbred, as is Yuki, and that Yuki is Kaname's SISTER, right?

message 30: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 42 comments Yeah, i really don't care about that.LOL

message 31: by Sephiroth (new)

Sephiroth (Cinderbolt) | 186 comments >.> It's kind of gross...

message 32: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 42 comments Your prerogative. Love is love to me.

message 33: by Sephiroth (new)

Sephiroth (Cinderbolt) | 186 comments Not only is it severe inbreeding, it's INCEST..

message 34: by Violet (new)

Violet Sakura (violetsakura) | 25 comments Kaname is NOT Yuuki's brother. Though he's her ancestor through and through, but he's not her brother! I hope they end up together!

message 35: by No One (new)

No One (baka) It's true. We have recently discovered that the Kaname that we know has actually eaten the real Kaname. I was so shocked when I found out. He isn't her brother after all. He ate her brother!

message 36: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 42 comments I knew that, just didn't feel like arguing the point. It would had made no difference to me still.^.^

message 37: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 42 comments Sephiroth wrote: "Not only is it severe inbreeding, it's INCEST.."

I got that you thought it was incest when you mentioned Yuuki was his sister, thank you. Like i said though, we all have different taste and i personally don't care as the characters love each other.

message 38: by Sephiroth (new)

Sephiroth (Cinderbolt) | 186 comments WTF!? I DIDN'T READ THAT FAR....OMG

message 39: by No One (new)

No One (baka) Sephiroth wrote: "WTF!? I DIDN'T READ THAT FAR....OMG"

Sorry, if I spoiled it!

message 40: by Katie (new)

Katie (shimmerpop) | 255 comments No One wrote: "Sephiroth wrote: "WTF!? I DIDN'T READ THAT FAR....OMG"

Sorry, if I spoiled it!"

Thanks! I got tired of reading it but still wanted to know what was going on! LMAO XDDD

message 41: by Lauren (new)

Lauren It was interesting to see this turn into an anime (not surprising though) I think I liked Zero the best out of everyone, Yuki kind of annoyed me, she didn't seem very strong.