Chicks On Lit discussion

Archive 08-19 GR Discussions > Club Read Announcments

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tera, First Chick (last edited May 08, 2008 05:58AM) (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
Well the tallys are in. What a great list of books to read and there was no run away winner. Infact there is only one point seperating each of the top 3 and then it's pretty steady voting for all the rest. If you're reading more than one book I would really suggest looking at the list that was offered.

The top vote getter was
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak So that will be our June read.
Next...
The Knitting Circle by Ann Hood.
Will be our July read.

If you guys want to do more than one read a month I will say that
What is the What by Dave Eggers was next followed with a tie of The Omnivore's Dilemma By Michael Pollan and The Red Tent By Anita Diamant

These are the books for June and July and for those that want to do a double discussion let me know and we can fit in the other books.
Also, if you were the person that nominated the book and would like to lead the discussion on the book please let me know.

Reserve your copy at the library now or check out paperbackswap.com or other online sources.
Thanks to all of you. You rock the Casbah!

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) | 467 comments Tera, great job organizing AS ALWAYS!!!

message 3: by MJ (new)

MJ Thanks Tera

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) i'm actually reading the knitting circle now ~ i think i nominated the book inititally, so if you'd like me to lead the read on it, i'll gladly do so!

message 5: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
Each of our next two books or the authors have their own website. http://www.randomhouse.com/features/m... Is the link to Markus Zusak, there is information on the book there and a picture of the author. (hes a cutie)
http://www.annhood.us/ That's Ann Hood's site. One great thing I noticed is she is on a book tour currently and I would imagine depending on where you are you may be able to catch one of her appearances. Most dates look to be for the east coast but there are a few appearances in the west and central areas. If you get a chance to go please come back and share with us. Dates are currently running for her appearances.