Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Idyllwilde (new)

Idyllwilde | 15 comments Mod
...living, that is...

message 2: by Idyllwilde (new)

...dead, poor things...

message 3: by Idyllwilde (last edited May 26, 2008 06:51PM) (new)

Not in any particular order.

1. President Bush. But then everyone knew that.

2. Kate Bush. She is the most wildly talented singer/dancer/actor/mime/songwriter of the century. If you don't believe me, check out:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv0azq9...

3. Pope John Paul II. He loved every human being in the world; how could I not love him back? HA! I forgot he was dead. Or, rather, I had added Pope Benedict, and then I realized that when I said 'favorite' I wasn't referring to those I respected the most, and switched to Pope John Paul II, because I loved him. (See 'Disclaimer'!) I shall leave him up as a 'memo to self'.

4. Bill Cosby. Hands down most the most sweetly and originally funny man alive. Love him. He is also a spectacular role model for all.

5. M. Night Shyamalan. He shows us the beauty and innocence that most people fail to see in this world; also because of the stuttering character in 'Lady in the Water'. He made me laugh so hard, and he was sooooo adorable!

6. Steve Doocey. Fox and Friends. He is so funny!

7. Ozzy. Um...that was hard to admit, so don't give me shit.

8. Bill O'Reilly. Who's lookin' out for you?!

message 4: by Idyllwilde (last edited May 26, 2008 06:55PM) (new)

1. Most definitely St. Anthony! I am lost and he always helps me no matter how naughty I am.

2. Shel Silverstein. After reading his poetry, I think he must have been one of the most lovable and talented writers evah!

3. St. Francis. Because he was absolutely stark, raving mad! But he still managed to be a saint.

4. Lucille Ball maybe. I still haven't decided, but she was an incredible woman. I hated her when I was little, mostly because I really believed that I would grow up to be like her. Then I did, so I just gave up and tried to be objective.

5. HA! MILTON! I knew I loved someone who had some intellectual value! Of course, all I've ever read of his was 'Paradise Lost' in a college class, but, OH what a college class! My brain expanded at least a millimeter! (Take that, you BUP, you!)

7. Malachi Martin.

8. Pope John Paul II. Because he is ultimately lovable.

message 5: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (colleenmomtofive) | 1 comments I have 15.

Esther (Old Testament)
Ruth (Old Testament)
Jesus
Mary, the Mother of God
Mary Magdalene
St. Helen
Queen Isabella of Spain
St. Therese of the Little Flower
Emily Dickinson
Emperor Charles of Austria (WWI)
Chesterton
Charles Lindberg
J.R.R. Tolkien
C.S. Lewis
Mother Theresa

message 6: by bup (new)

bup The topic says '10,' people!

10. George Marshall
9. Duke Ellington
8. Charlie Chaplin
7. Jane Austen
6. Benedict Arnold
5. William Shakespeare
4. Archimedes
3. George Washington
2. Albert Einstein
1. Ben Franklin

message 7: by Idyllwilde (last edited May 09, 2008 03:25PM) (new)

Okay, Bup...only you would know Archimedes well enough to have him as one of your favorite (dead) people. Humph. I guess I'd better start reading some more serious stuff...

(Shel Silverstein mumblemumblemmmmffffsumsumbinchin...)

message 8: by Pietrus (new)

Pietrus Block | 2 comments In no particular order:

J.D. Salinger (is he dead?)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky
John Lennon
Beethoven
Lao-Tzu
Carl Jung
Michaelangelo Buonarotti
Neal Cassady
Jerry Garcia
A.A. Milne

message 9: by Idyllwilde (new)

8. Andrew Lloyd Webber's ex-wife. What's her name??? Oh yeah! Sarah Brightman. She has an angel's voice, and I'm going to ignore the fact that she has a body and face at, what close to 60? that I never had at 18. Or even came close. Beeeatch.