What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

POSSIBLY SOLVED > murder mystery? cliff? coffee?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Khover (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:06PM) (new)

Khover | 10 comments I read a book a while back and it was a murder/suspense type book. I don't remember much, if any, of the plot, but the one thing that stands out is this: between each (?) of the chapters, the reader is presented with a one-page thought/blurb from the killer's point of view.

I may be confusing 2 or 3 books, but I think I remember someone falling off a cliff (being pushed) and possibly a woman who always knew when someone was coming to her house, so she always brewed a fresh pot of coffee just before her visitor arrived.

Thanks in advance!

message 2: by Rachel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:07PM) (new)

Rachel (brisgirl) | 11 comments Well, this is a major stab in the dark, but maybe 'Death at Deacon Pond' by E.M. Alexander??

message 3: by Gina (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:08PM) (new)

Gina | 1 comments Another long shot, but it sounds like one of the mysteries I read by Josephine Tey a while back, although since the collection was titled something like Three, Four, and Five, I don't recall what the actual name was. But try Tey...

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36865 comments Mod
Maybe The Black Tower by P.D. James - (view spoiler)

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36865 comments Mod
Khover, was any of the above your book? This got moved to Possibly Solved but it's unclear which book you thought it might be.