Black Wind (Dirk Pitt, #18) Black Wind discussion

Continuation of Dirk Pitt Senior's story

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bookworm (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:06PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bookworm Amir Don't you think this new book tells too little of Dirk Pitt senior? I mean he was the reason I bought the books, and there came Jjnior and Summer.It didnt even tell about Pitt's new wife.

message 2: by Gwendolyn (last edited May 21, 2009 07:02PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gwendolyn Pitt's wife is placed throughout the series. She is a good character who is just as implausible as Dirk (and Giordino and his kids and the rest!). Lauren has her life and Pitt has his. The point of this book was to let the next generation take over so we wouldn't complain to much about what must be a 55 year old man (at least) riding around the world with his colt,saving marine life and, by extension, the world. I was pleased to see the kids starting to take a more central role. There are tones of Dirk Pitt sr. books going back to the early 90s. Start at the beginning. It's more fun in terms of the characters and the technology (of course the tech is always a little far fetched, but that's why you can't go from the hologram to nothing).

Jane Carlson I am disappointed that Summer Pitt plays such a minor role in most of the recent books.