World Peace discussion

1 view
The "War" in Iraq

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 22, 2007 12:44AM) (new)

It just occured to me, that regardless of the general antagonism the U.S. receives (and deserves) from the rest of the world, a complete pull-out of military troops would be disastrous. The evil scenario that I see is this: a full-scale civil war between the Sunnis and Shiites. Bloodier, messier, deeper than either Rwanda or Bosnia.

Now let's think of solutions and alternatives to the plight of Iraq. Any thoughts from the group?

message 2: by Héctor (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:06PM) (new)

Héctor They are brothers in Irak. They must be united...

message 3: by Héctor (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:06PM) (new)

Héctor I don´t understand the war. I don´t accept the war, Nima. It would be good that they recognize that they have the same God.

message 4: by Héctor (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:07PM) (new)

Héctor A proposal: the countries that did not participate in the invasion could mediate between the parts. To propose a plan of peace...

message 5: by Enespaniol (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:07PM) (new)

Enespaniol | 23 comments France, Germany, Russia and China have their weight in the United Nations...

message 6: by SYED (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:07PM) (new)

SYED | 30 comments Mod
NO ONE USE THIS BECAUSE IN THE EYES OF THESE COUNTRIES MUSLIMS ARE NOT HUMANBEINGS

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

If Muslims weren't human beings in the eyes of "these countries," we'd just carpet-bomb the Muslim world and return it to the cockroaches, desert tarantulas, and sand fleas.

But because we DO regard Muslims as fellow human beings--why shouldn't we?--we're all trying to think of something to solve the dilemma that the Muslims of Iraq should NEVER have been a single country ANYWAY but are now forced--by British colonialism and history and their own brutal, self-chosen dictators--to pretend they love each other.

Boy, if they weren't human, well, I'd treat Muslims like the wolves hounding herds of cattle: shoot 'em, poison 'em, kill 'em.

We wouldn't bother putting troops in harm's way, losing our children and brothers and sisters to IEDs, snipers, and guerilla warfare. We'd just bomb--bomb, bomb, bomb--until all the Muslim non-humans stopped moving.

But, see ...

Well, you get the idea.

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 23, 2007 12:54AM) (new)

Tracy, indeed the war has ignited, but interestingly, a report in Time says that there is a recent significant decrease of suicide bombings and sectarian violence. This is due mostly of communities becoming less mixed. Although, I agree with your line of thinking, we cannot just look the other way, thinking its for the best. Just like what the world has done in Rwanda, costing about 3 million lives; and now, in Darfur, North Korea, Burma, etc. Blaming the Bush administration is an utter waste of time (you are right that history will eventually judge him, as it did Blair. And it would be less merciful, too). The world NEEDS to do something about it, now, immediately, while there's still time.

Syed, do not underestimate the tenacity and persistence of Islam, because despite the persecution, injustices and misinterpretation, it is the world's fastest growing religion, growing particularly fast in Europe and East Asia. I would not be surprised if Turkey becomes a member of the EU. The countries suggested to mediate have significant Muslim communities within them.

Hector, that's an interesting proposal. But how's that going to be done with immediacy?

Brendan, do you remember the al-Gharib prison scandal? Syed has a point...

message 9: by Héctor (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:07PM) (new)

Héctor Ria, Nima, Tracy, Enespaniol, Syed, Brendan, all the members of this group: If the idea is good, it must be spreaded, scattered (in the network, ONGs, forums, embassies).

Web pages of Embassies in: http://mypage.bluewin.ch/caccia/botsc...

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Abu-Ghraib had nothing to do with Islam and everything to do with illegal action on the part of soldiers and commanding officers abusing power and monitoring imprisoned combatants.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Iran.

message 12: by Héctor (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:12PM) (new)

Héctor French President Cautions Against Attacking Iran in Standoff Over Tehran's Nuclear Program in: http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/082...

message 13: by Den.n38 (new)

Den.n38 | 1 comments I don't know much politics. But i do know this war must come to an end. I mean every war on this earth must end. all the disaster on this earth must end. Because of this war, people suffers in every conditions.