Flight 815-ers Unite discussion

Welcome to the group!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 100 (100 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 880 comments Mod
Hi everyone!
Welcome to the group.

Please post your own threads as we go along... if its more prediction based, for those of us who believe we can see the future, be sure to create your topic to the Predictions folder. If its more theory based, for all that ongoing, brain-twisting, things than make you go 'Hmmmm' stuff, place it in the Theories folder.

Lets have fun with it!!!!

Thanks for joining and make sure you pull some of your friends in here with you ... the more to discuss, the better!!

message 2: by Lorena (new)

Lorena (lorenalilian) | 148 comments THIS IS AWESOME!!!!

Go Lori!

message 3: by Sherry (new)

Sherry This is great but I find it totally intimidating how well everyone remembers the episodes.I'm scratching my head a lot wondering how do you remember all this stuff!

message 4: by Lorena (new)

Lorena (lorenalilian) | 148 comments Sherry this AI and Dancing with the stars are the only shows I watch, so I better remember some details ... LOL

message 5: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Lorena, thanks.. but I cant make this awesome on my own.. I just wanted a place for all of us to get our heads together and maybe get some of these crazy questions answered!!!!

Sherry, I watch and rewatch and listen to what people talk about. I forget alot of things, or dont realise that I have things backwards or remember them wrong, so its great to hear what everyone says... Its amazing what some people retain!

message 6: by Lorena (new)

Lorena (lorenalilian) | 148 comments Ok, I just took a peek at the book shelf and I have only read 4 of those books, and only have two of the others on my wish list! Not good people, my to-read list is already too long, I can't afford to add more titles on ... I will need another Iphone just to keep that list on LOL

message 7: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (last edited May 07, 2008 07:20PM) (new)

Lorena, all I did was add every book i could find on goodreads that I know Lost has referenced for anyone who is interested in picking up a few.. Ive read the ones I have on the 'read' shelf. Only a few of the others look interesting to me, I know I wont be reading all of them :)

But i know what you mean... more books, ugh!! Like we need anymore temptation, right?!

If anyone wants to add any I may have missed, please feel free!

message 8: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Hi all,

Sherry, I'm in exactly the same boat, I don't remember all the little things and lo and behold even don't remember everyone's name but it's great to read about it here.

I'm in Australia so not sure how far ahead you guys are but it doesn't seem that far, the last one I watched last Thursday was about Sayid on the ship and seeing Michael and Michael's visit with his mother and him and his new "job".

message 9: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Uh Oh.. Mandy.. we are one episode ahead i think... Be careful when you read some of these, they might spoil it for you! But Im happy to see you here in the group :)

What episode is coming on for you tomorrow? Is it the one where you see houses on the island blowing up? And Hurley saying 'we are all going to die'?

message 10: by Mandy (new)

Mandy I don't mind reading ahead a little, there are so many things that happen in the episodes that could be missed I'm happy to have a heads up!!

I actually haven't seen the ads for the show tonight so will have to let you know tomorrow after we watch it. I know they showed it at the end of last week's episode but I really can't remember what's coming for us this week.

message 11: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Hi all! I just discovered the Lost thread on The Next Best Book Club a couple days ago. Starting a separate group was a great idea. I love reading all the different theories on the show.

message 12: by Mona (new)

Mona | 4 comments THANK YOU LORI for creating this thread! Great idea! :)

message 13: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Thanks for joining... I figured we all needed our space to stretch this thing out in... glad you gals made it!

message 14: by Lori (new)

Lori Lori, Even if I watched NO TV, I still would never remember even half the details this show has!

message 15: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Haa haa.That makes me feel a little better!Actually I think I may buy the series on dvd.I appear to have missed so much and I would think they would have extra info.

message 16: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Someone somewhere told me if you wait, they will be releasing all four season (or maybe just the first three) together in this cool Lost/Dharma box set thing... I almost wish I hadnt bought mine each year as they came out....

message 17: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments Omg this is soo cool, I'm a Lost addict!!

message 18: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (last edited May 08, 2008 02:37PM) (new)

Hi Emma... I am glad you found us! I just created this group yesterday so feel free to add any topics you want to discuss if you dont see one yet!

message 19: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments Thanks! I've only been in this group for a little while and I love it!

message 20: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments This is completely random, but I was just thinking about Goodreads having a Grey's Anatomy group, and I just realized that it would be this's group worst enemy! I'd pick Lost over Grey's anyday (tho I do love Sandra Oh)

message 21: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

haa haa..never watched Greys anantomy. I always catch the last minute of it, waiting for Lost to come on, and i cant help but think that it is the strangest show to lead into Lost.... Plah!

Do they have a Greys Group? If not, Emma, you could always start one!

message 22: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments They don't, I'm not really THAT into it. And I'm too busy with Goodreads as it is! But thanks for the suggestion. It is a really strange show to lead to Lost, completely different.

message 23: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Ur welcome Sessy... Glad you like it. I'm happy you joined :D

message 24: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Hello Hello

I just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone for thier participation here so far.

And if you are a member, and havent posted a comment yet, {tsk tsk} Shame on you! We need all the feedback and theories and ideas you have, so share share share... Please!

Hope everyone can find some new fun way to waste their thursday nite, since Lost will not be airing until next week. (For me, i will actually be able to go to bed at a decent hour before work!)

message 25: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments I'll watch Grey's Anatomy's season finale, no extra sleep for me!!!!!

message 26: by Sherry (new)

Sherry same for me Emma,though I hate that we have to wait so long for the Lost episode.I enjoy Grey's Anatomy but it's no Lost.

message 27: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Just bumping this thread to welcome all the new members to the group. I wasnt really expecting any, since the show is over, and we have a long long long wait for the new season (only two more to go, oh no!) So its nice to see you!!!

Any new insight to the old threads, or any new ideas you would like to share are more than welcome here!

And be sure to check out the Lost Lit List challenge, you might want to pick up a few novels to get that 'Lost feeling' during the down time :)

message 28: by mike (new)

mike | 7 comments thanks, i love this group, there is a group like this on facebook.com, but there are only trivia questions and fan discussions which are kinda silly, but here you can unrack your brain and post your own opinions of your thoughts

message 29: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Hi Mike,it's always great to find a fellow Lostie.

message 30: by mike (new)

mike | 7 comments thanks sherry i am happy to be here

message 31: by Tisha (new)

Tisha Hello all!! I just joined this group. I am in Lori's other rock star group, TNBBC, and have recently started watching Lost after all the attention it got in the other group. :)

Still on Season 1, but I am already hooked. Hope to catch up and join all your discussions soon!

message 32: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Its kinda dead in here at the moment, as the show is between seasons, so you'll be able to catch up pretty quick. I cant wait till you start posting, a new member, a new take on things.... Yee Hee

message 33: by Tisha (last edited Aug 11, 2008 12:20PM) (new)

Tisha I know... Thank GOODNESS its the off season. I will be all ready to go by the Season 5 premier. ::hopefully::

message 34: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (countessofblooms) | 149 comments Tisha, ever since you told me that ABC.com has every episode of Lost up there I have been unable to tear myself away from the computer. And I was planning on watching the Olympics all day...

I am catching so much more now that I'm rewatching it. I don't think I've seen any of Season 1 since I first rented it when it came out on DVD.

message 35: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Oh Logan, you didnt know that it was on ABC.com??? I would rewatch season 4 and 5 on there after the original airing so I could see what I missed. Its heaven!

message 36: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 11, 2008 12:52PM) (new)

i recently got a cd with some LOST music, it features the ending theme, and some music from different episodes. Its kinda cool

message 37: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (countessofblooms) | 149 comments I knew that they had the most recent season, but I didn't know that it went as far back as to Season 1. It's been a less than productive day because of that.

message 38: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 11, 2008 01:39PM) (new)

i think that the release of season 4 of LOST on dvd is scheduled to be released on december the 9th. i usually check all the release dates for everything from games, music, to movies on dvd or in the movie theater on http://www.ign.com

message 39: by Tisha (new)

Tisha Logan,

You should've seen me last night... completely addicted and glued to the computer. During the gymnastics i would pop back over to the computer to catch a quick 5 minutes during commercial breaks. Do I sound obsessed already??

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

last night i was watching lost on the xbox 360, 24 on the ps3 and two and a half men on the dvd player and some olympics but i crashed around 10 pm

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Just joined this group. I love LOST. It's my favorite show on TV

message 42: by Sherry (new)

Sherry I recently bought the first season series so I can get my Lost fix.Didn't know you could watch the back seasons on ABC.com. :(

message 43: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Its great to just sit there and watch knowing what happens, and being able to sift through it for foreshadowing and things you missed the first or second time around!

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah i cant wait for the release of season 4, i mean i saw it on tv but i want to go over it several times so that season 5 doesnt confuse me

message 45: by Tisha (new)

Tisha Sooooo, I dont really know where to post random comments...especially since I am the newbie that is still on season 1 and WAY behind this group. I am making good progress though.

I just watched the episode, "Do No Harm." Poor Jack... first Boone is dying, Jack is transplanting blood to him from his own arm... then they roll up to tell him Claire is having her baby. You could almost see "WTF... Come ON!" in his eyes. Big time dramatic medical stuff all at once. I almost passed out when he shoved that stick in Boone's chest after his lung collapsed.

Anyway...just sharing although I know you've all been there done that. That was an intense episode.

message 46: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Tisha, you are only just seeing the tip of the iceburg.... Im happy you are really loving it tho!!!

message 47: by Tisha (new)

Tisha I am!... can't wait to see whats to come. I am kind of glad I am only on Season 1 so I have so much to look forward to. I just noticed the new season isn't until "Early 2009." Why not September like everyone else??

Now I am constantly torn though... Catch up on some Lost episodes... or read my book. If only I didn't have to work, I could find the right time for both!

message 48: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments Haha Tisha! That's great that your watching them! Maybe you can catch some things that will help with more recent episodes.

message 49: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Tisha, they are planning to only release a half season worth of shows for the next two years, so they start in the winter instead of the fall.... It such a long wait, but totally worth it once it starts to air!

message 50: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments How many more seasons are there? They can't answer all the questions in a seasons worth of episodes!

« previous 1