What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Sisters Impossible
This topic is about The Sisters Impossible
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED: YA ballet book girl in a ballet uniform, but I think she's wearing tights with holes and tennis shoes. She also may be blowing a bubble with gum. [s]

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:06PM) (new)

Katie E Linder I don't remember a whole lot about the book but the cover. There is a girl in a ballet uniform, but I think she's wearing tights with holes and tennis shoes. She also may be blowing a bubble with gum. I thought it was the "bad news ballet" series, but I couldn't find a cover that matched. Any ideas?

message 2: by Catherine (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:10PM) (new)

Catherine (spacecatherine) was it "Ellen Tebbits" by Beverly Cleary?

message 3: by Katie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:15PM) (new)

Katie E Linder nope, but that's another great one!

message 4: by CLM (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:17PM) (new)

CLM | 301 comments Was it a paperback? Could it have been one of the Susie books by Lee Wyndham? She took her ballet seriously, however, so I don't think her tights would have had holes but I do recall the Scholastic covers were somewhat informal.

message 5: by Evan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:18PM) (new)

Evan | 27 comments This is a long shot, but Gooney Bird Greene by Lois Lowry has covers with the title character--a redhead--in a ballet costume, and she's the type that she might have tights with holes & tennis shoes in other cover pictures. It's a recent book though, 2004 or so.

message 6: by Katie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:22PM) (new)

Katie E Linder It was a paperback, but I think it was something about a tomboy who had to take ballet. I would have read this at least 8-10 years ago, so it can't be the Lowry.

message 7: by CLM (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:22PM) (new)

CLM | 301 comments There was also Ballet for Mary by Emma Brock. Heroine was definitely a tomboy but I don't recall what the cover looked like. The reading level was about 2nd grade.

message 8: by Stephanie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:23PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Stephanie | 15 comments This is also a long shot, but is it THE SISTERS IMPOSSIBLE by James David Landis?

message 9: by Katie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:24PM) (new)

Katie E Linder I can't find a cover for the Landis book online, but after reading a review on Amazon I think that might be it. I'll check it out from the library to make sure. Thanks Stephanie!

message 10: by Stephanie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:24PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Stephanie | 15 comments I've listed it as one of my favorites...the main character's name is Saundra and her little sister's name is Lily. Saundra is tall, haughty, and graceful, while Lily is short, chunky and curly haired. Saundra is trying out for a space in the American Ballet Company and Lily helps her sister face down Meredith Meredith, her arch rival.

Hope this helps!

message 11: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 14387 comments The Sisters Impossible for the link.