Delirity discussion

Author M > Dream Catcher - L. McMann

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Jul 24, 2010 09:14PM) (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
Please add which book you're refering to in your spoiler threads.

Wake (Dream Catcher, #1) by Lisa McMann Fade (Dream Catcher, #2) by Lisa McMann Gone (Dream Catcher, #3) by Lisa McMann

message 2: by Heather (last edited Mar 05, 2010 08:38PM) (new)

I was so excited to get to this book. I'm liking it even though it's a little different than the first two.

***Theme Spoiler***(Gone)

Unlike the other books in the series this one doesn't have Janie helping the police out. It's all about Janie discovering herself. At the end of Fade, she has to figure out whether or not she's going to keep trying to work and help people, or if she's going to become a recluse and attempt to save herself. This book is all about her internal struggle to decide what is the best choice for her.

****Spoiler (p. 150)****(Gone)

I'm not liking how Janie's treating Caleb. It's not fair for her to push him away without at least sitting down with him and having a discussion to find out where he stands. When you truely love someone you have to make your decissions together, one person cannot decide what's best for the other.

message 3: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2759 comments I just finished Gone, thought it was different from the others and agree with you Heather about Janie. This time around she is more worried about herself and her future. I didn't always like the choices she made but do like the ending and thought it wrapped up the books very good.

Christy (TheReaderBee) (thereaderbee) | 4 comments I agree, this book was a lot different than the first two books in the series. It did close up the series nicely though. A little bit of action would have been good though. lol :)

message 5: by Heather (new)

Ya, nothing happened! It was more cerebral I guess, but it needed some physical adventure to make it more entertaining.

message 6: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments I liked the third the least out of the series.

message 7: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2759 comments Carrie (Care) wrote: "I liked the third the least out of the series."

I agree.

message 8: by Lani (new)

Lani (crahfty) I agree the third was the weakest in the series. Overall I really liked the series. It was a good mix of internal struggle, romance, and action for me.

message 9: by Angela (new)

Angela B The third one was also my least favorite but I really liked the series overall and am a little sad it's over

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments Is this a trilogy or a series?

message 11: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2759 comments This one is a trilogy and done so you can read all at once.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments Cool. I have Wake listed as my "W" read.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

:'( it sucks this is only a trilogy. I read it a couple months and finished them in ''nothing flat''. :) (lol ever notice that saying seems much stupider when your'e reading it?)

message 14: by Heather (new)

Most of those sayings do.

message 15: by Angela (new)

Angela B I did really enjoy these books :)

message 16: by Heather (new)

Alice posted this earlier:
To lisa McMann fans here- Go to www.vyou.com and search for Lisa McMann and you ask questions and she video answers them :D 's pretty awesome

(Alice, I had to delete the comment you posted because it contained a comment that was disrespectful. Send me a message if you need me to explain why.)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

okay sorry

message 18: by Tya (new)

Tya | 840 comments I'm listening to these and maybe its different when you read it but I don't really like the format of the book.

10:11pm
Janie did this. And then Janie did that.

Its like the author made the choice to skip emotion and detail unless she's specifically detailing Janie and Cabels relationship, and even then. Its worse in the beginning where it really seems like she's just making a list of how Janie fills her day with no thought to how she feels about it.

message 19: by Heather (new)

Ya, when I read them I tended to skip the date and times.