Nora Roberts Groupies discussion

Archive > Favorites?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 59 (59 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by jenjn79 (new)

jenjn79 | 290 comments Mod
What's your favorite Silhouette family?

((MacGregors, McKades, Stanislaskis, Donovans, O'Hurleys, Calhouns, Cordina))

message 2: by jenjn79 (new)

My favs...tough to pick one.

I really love the MacGregors. But the others are all fantastic as well. The only one that I can do without is the Calhoun series.

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 6 comments Im a fan of all of them, but my favorite is probably the Cordina series

message 4: by jenjn79 (new)

The Cordina series is great. I've been wanting to reread that one. Actually I've been wanting to reread a lot of them! All the librarian editing of her books I've been doing here at GR has reminded me of how good so many of her books are.

message 5: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) I finished The MacGregors over Christmas. I was disapointed to find out she won't be writing any more because she switched publishers. :( But I enjoyed all of them.

I've not read the Cordina books yet. They're on the list.

message 6: by Gina (new)

Gina (ginrobi) | 40 comments Those were the first books she'd written, while she was still with Harlequin. She's no longer with them, therefore no more MacGregors. Crying shame if you ask me, cause I adored that series. As it is, MacGregors is my fave, followed closely by the McKade brothers. After that it's a toss up - I love them all, LOL!

message 7: by jenjn79 (new)

Yeah, I was sad that there would be no more MacGregors either...but at the same time, Daniel was getting pretty old, I really didn't want to have to read a book where he passed away. I'd rather think of him still going on matchmaking.

message 8: by Gina (new)

Gina (ginrobi) | 40 comments LOL, I agree. I don't think I've read another character quite like Daniel MacGregor...

message 9: by jenjn79 (new)

He is by far one of the best characters I've ever read.

message 10: by Teryl (new)

Teryl While I like the MacGregors, those MacKade brothers are my fav out of the category families.

message 11: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (kelofmindelan) The Calhoun books were the first of her books that I read, but if I'm ever really upset I usually go towards the MacGregors. That is one of the most amazing and indepth series.

message 12: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 2 comments Definitely the MacGregors! I wish I could reach into The Grooms and pull Ian right out!

message 13: by Ally (new)

Ally | 8 comments MacGregors. MacGregors. MacGregors. I loved all of them although I think winning hand is one of my personal faves.

message 14: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (wstridgerunner) Here's another vote for the MacGregors!! Then the Star books, man those were good too!

message 15: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) I'd forgotten about the Stars of Mithra series. I really liked those two. I liked the second one where the PI and the women were holed up in a motel room. They fell in love within 24 hours...not realistic, but hey that's why I read! :D

message 16: by Dina (new)

Dina (missdina) | 6 comments I love them all - with the exception of the Calhoun series - but the MacGregor series rules! I reread those books at least once a year.

message 17: by jenjn79 (new)

Dina wrote: "I love them all - with the exception of the Calhoun series - but the MacGregor series rules! I reread those books at least once a year."

I have to agree, the Calhoun series just didn't do anything for me.

message 18: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (wstridgerunner) Same here Dina, love them all, don't care for the Dream trilogy though, that's my least fav.

message 19: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 41 comments The Calhoun series were the first Roberts books that i've read so they hold a dear place in my heart.

message 20: by Teryl (new)

Teryl Calhoun's were my first too, I loved Sloan.

message 21: by Emily (new)

Emily (imabrooks2) | 81 comments My favorite is the McCades. the bad boys with the ghosts and all that. I guess I have a soft spot for vulnerable tough guys.

message 22: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) The McCades aren't ringing a bell for me....there are a few older series that I've not got to yet.

message 23: by Teryl (new)

Teryl Yes, I love the McKades, Rafe, Jared, Devin, and Shane. They all have black hair and green eyes...gorgeous.

message 24: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) Ooooo! Black hair and green eyes is awesome! Must check them out now.

message 25: by jenjn79 (new)

I enjoyed the McKades a lot. Especially the first book with Rafe.

message 26: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mkloempken) My favorites are the Donovan series and the O'Hurley's. Maybe because I don't own those, so it takes me awhile to find them all to re-read. :)

message 27: by Teryl (new)

Teryl Oh yeah Sebastian Donovan, he was yummy.

YOu guys have to stop because you are making me want to do a bunch of re-reads, LOL

message 28: by Emily (new)

Emily (imabrooks2) | 81 comments I love the heros in Nora's books, I always drool over the descriptions. they are all super hot by the description which is fine with me, the movies kind of become a let down cause the actors never look like I pictured these guys.

message 29: by Amar (new)

Amar | 134 comments Ditto Emily, that's a big reason why I don't want to watch any of the NR movies...the actors (no matter how good they are) are always a let down compared how I pictured the h/h in my mind.

I love her family series too. I liked the McKades at lot...and also the Chesapeake bay family too but I suppose that doesn't qualify cause they weren't Silhouettes or Harlequins...so given that I'd say the MacGregors were my favorites also. The O'Hurleys were good too as well as the Cordina series, loved those!

I started reading the Donovan series but so far can't get into the first book...will pick it up later...

message 30: by Emily (new)

Emily (imabrooks2) | 81 comments Amar, I probably will watch the movies at some point (if I ever catch them on my dvr) but I am not getting my hopes up for them.
I really like the Dovovan series. And since the McKades and The Quinns are two of my favorite series from her I suggest you stick it through. Its not the best written series she has but it is pretty whimsical. I love Anastasia's story. I also liked the Circle trilogy and would suggest that if you haven't yet read it.

message 31: by Amar (new)

Amar | 134 comments Emily, did end up reading the Donovans, all three were decent but really liked Sebastian and Mel the best...

message 32: by Emily (new)

Emily (imabrooks2) | 81 comments Amar, I am glad, like I said its not her best but I love the fantasy mixed with every day life.

message 33: by Monalisa (new)

Monalisa C. | 1 comments I love the Cordina!

message 34: by Amar (new)

Amar | 134 comments Just reading Waiting for Nick from the Stanislaski series...not as good as the others, but it was nice to catch up with the family...am waiting for Considering Kate at my library...anybody read that one?

message 35: by Teryl (new)

Teryl I read that one. It was sweet.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) The only one of those series I've finished is Cordina so it would have to be that one. I have the others and plan to read them.

message 37: by Deborah Frank (new)

Deborah Frank | 3 comments McKades! Definetely!!! Love Rafe!
Deb

message 38: by Amar (new)

Amar | 134 comments Rafe and Anna were such a hot couple!!!

message 39: by Emily (new)

Emily (imabrooks2) | 81 comments Amar, I think you mixed up the MacKades and the quinns! LOL

message 40: by Amar (new)

Amar | 134 comments Whoops you're right Emily!

message 41: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (wstridgerunner) Anywhere you start is good Melody, if you are into her romance type books, then the Chesapeake series is good, if you want suspense; Sacred Sins or Carnal Innocence or maybe even Divine Evil. That's one of the many good things about NR, she covers several different genre's and they are all very good. And if your into a little bit of sci-fi/fantasy; her JD Robb series is awesome!

message 42: by jenjn79 (new)

Melody wrote: "I am a new Nora Roberts fan and I haven't read many of her book yet.Anyone have any good suggestions?I've read "Charmed and Enchanted" and "The Three Fates".Getting ready to read "Sea Swept" the fi..."

Melody...you shouldn't have too much trouble finding Captivated and Entranced. They were reissued in a 2 book edition last Nov so it should still be around.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33...

message 43: by Heather (new)

Heather (heatherlovesshawn) | 11 comments i loved the mcgregors,mckade's, and Stanislaskis they were my favorite's... i havent read cordine familys yet...and im hoping to get to read them. my favorite out of all of them is the mckades...rafe is my favorite. and out of the stanislaskis is makhail. i want to just pull them both out of the books lol.. i havent finished the mcgregors cuz i like just started i already read the grooms, the rebellion,and serena and caine. i want them all though lolz? and im hoping i can get them soon. but my favorite out of them all will be the mckades.

message 44: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Rose (sierrarose) | 15 comments It's so hard to choose a favorite family from her Silhouette books. If pinned down, I'd have to say I like the Mackades the best then the Donovan Legacy (alright, I'm a sucker for Sebastian) and then the MacGregors. I just loved the MacGregor Grooms book.

message 45: by Heather (new)

Heather (heatherlovesshawn) | 11 comments yea i have to agree with you the grooms is a great book!

message 46: by Jessica (new)

Jessica So far I like the Mackades best but I haven't read them all:)

message 47: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 58 comments I like the Cordinas best, closely followed by the MacGregors. They are both pretty different, so I probably like them about equally. But it's been a while since I've read them, so I really can't say for sure about some of the other ones listed here.

message 48: by Ashley♥Alexis (new)

Ashley♥Alexis Would have to go with Stanislaskis and then the MacGregors. Considering Kate has been one of my favorites.

message 49: by Ashley♥Alexis (new)

Ashley♥Alexis Amar wrote: "Just reading Waiting for Nick from the Stanislaski series...not as good as the others, but it was nice to catch up with the family...am waiting for Considering Kate at my library...anybody read tha..."

YES! One of my favorites. It was actually the first Nora Roberts book i read and I havent looked back =p

I recently finished waiting for Nick and I thought it was good. I thought it was weird because when Nick and Fred are "mentioned" in considering Kate, they almost seem like a different couple.

message 50: by Suzy (new)

Suzy | 2 comments My favorites are still the MacGregors, but also love the O'Hurleys and Cordina. It's too bad we won't get the stories of the last 3 MacGregor grandchildren. I have all of these and usually reread them once a year. I don't particularly care for the JD Robb books.

« previous 1