The Love Cult discussion

I Love Change

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Summer (new)

Summer (summerbp) | 120 comments Mod
Maybe my nomadic tendencies came from being an Air Force brat during my formative years, or maybe it's a natural outgrowth from an overly-independent personality. Either way, I always have and am pretty sure that I always will love change.

I love new semesters (though that's behind me now!)
I love rearranging furniture.
I love new seasons.
I love vacations.
I love moving (yes, that's right).
I love growing stuff.

I have what is probably going to be my biggest life change coming up in 11 days (wedding). Yesterday, I saw the apartment that will be my new home. I love it. The walls are the perfect shade of yellow, there's recessed lighting, no overhead light, a bunch of ceiling fans, and a huge kitchen. I'm pretty sure it was made for me.

Yesterday I also visited my soon-to-be-inlaws with my fiance. Our ceremony is going to be held in their yard, under a spreading maple tree and cedar arbor. The last time I visted was Easter, when everything was still dead. Yesterday, spring was in full force. Their yard looks beautiful, and I know that the wedding is going to be perfect, with so much nature around (a little hippy with my nomad...)

I suppose I can understand why some people are resistant to change, but as for me...

message 2: by Lori (new)

Lori (tnbbc) Change is something I thrive on.
I don't know why. It's just good to start clean, start new. I think I also like it so much because change can be challenging...

And Summer, I am glad to see that with only 11 days to go, you are still happy and excited about the upcoming wedding. By this time, for mine, I was stressing out over all the little things.... Best of luck to you and your fiance.. .Sounds like it will be beautiful!!

message 3: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (countessofblooms) | 46 comments I'm totally the same way. My wife and I don't just like change, we thrive on it. It's really funny, last week was the 2 year anniversary of us moving to Arizona and my wife and I, simultaneously and independent of each other, started looking for a new city to move to. It's just impossible for us to remain in one spot for too long or we start to climb up the walls.