World Cultures discussion

Kids learning about Islam

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nancy (new)

Nancy V. | 1 comments Mod
Hi! I am the wife of the US Ambassador to Morocco, and am going to put a plug in for a book I just wrote called "Moroccan Mystery"...it is for 8-12 year olds, and is a mystery...but more importantly, it will teach (in a non-obtrusive way!) about Islam and the Arab culture. With so much news and misinformation these days, it is so important that our children (and even parents!) know at least the basics of Islam and the culture so closely tied to it. I hope this book helps. If you have any questions, please let me know! And come visit this beautiful country!

message 2: by Wissal (new)

Wissal Khadrouf | 1 comments This is a very good idea ..there is really few books for children to teach them about different cultures

message 3: by Hakima (new)

Hakima Chentouf | 1 comments Actually I m amazed with what I m about to read,I really appreciate anyone who seek to know or to discover Morroco,I m living in the middle east and I seldom meet people who have interest to know about it.I ve been travelling around the world for a quit long time,I ve learned to accept others as they are.
more I read about the history of Morocco the more I come to give an explanation to our behaviors.our mixture,our life and our culture
when someone from the east point a finger to me saying for instance,you Moroccans do or don t,I reply we are different and as long as you haven t read anything about us you have no right to judge us....