Who Loves Fantasy? discussion

Dragon Vs. Fairy

Comments Showing 1-50 of 120 (120 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Alex (new)

Alex which one is better? dragon or fairy...personally ii think it's VERY hard...man i mean like fairy's have magic and dragons are just so beautiful!!

message 2: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 i dont know!!!! so hard!!!!!!!

hey, do you imagine fairies like, normal human-sized, or small-ish sized??? just curious...

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) For me it depends on the fairy. I usually imagine them being human-sized.

message 4: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 me too, but sometimes i imagine them smaller, like pixie-sized.

message 5: by Alex (new)

Alex me too...i mean the smaller size...i think it's kinda hard to see them like big like us

message 6: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 i imagine them both ways--it just depends on the story/setting/etc.

message 7: by Alex (new)

Alex there are big fairys in the book fablehaven

message 8: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 cool... in the story im writing, i have fairies, but i dont know if they should be big or small....

message 9: by Alex (new)

Alex i like small better but you choose its your story

message 10: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 i imagined them small, too, because it works well for the part im at... because there is this group of creatures, and they made this magical pool, where the main characters have to go to.

message 11: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin That's a hard question! I would have to say...darn, don't make me decide!! Um..I like dragons, especially the kind in Eragon.

message 12: by Alex (new)

Alex eragon...everyone's telling me to read it...but ya i like your idea Teresa!

message 13: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 you have to read eragon!!! thanks alex, for liking my idea... i had it all planned out, and now its going KAPLOOEY. sometimes stories have a mind of their own... :)

message 14: by Alex (new)

Alex i know!!!

message 15: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 i tried outlining my story, but i write better when the story writes me... okay, weird. i mean like, its the story writing itself, im only putting words on paper...

message 16: by Alex (new)

Alex nicely worded Teresa!

message 17: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 thanks

message 18: by Alex (new)

Alex no problemo!!

message 19: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin I totally agree! The story has a mind of it's own, and it's only waiting for me to understand it before I write it down.

message 20: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 i like better when i don't know whats going to happen-- i just figure it out in my head as i write.

message 21: by Alex (new)

Alex me too!! man i think you got it all covered if you can do that! like i do the triangle thingy that helps me get my conflict introduction and closing but i just add stuff in my head while im writing

message 22: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin I agree, I write better if I figure it out as I go along.

message 23: by Alex (new)

Alex totally! but how does everyine else write?

message 24: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 in my head, i know how it ends, and how it starts. those are kind of easy for me. i just "go with the flow" for the middle as it transits to from the differnet parts.

message 25: by Alex (new)

Alex you know whats hard though? getting started i mean like it's hard to get it perfect. and its hard not to skip to the fun and action part. but you gatta do everything else...!

message 26: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin I do exactly like you, Teresa! I know how it ends, and I know sort of the direction it's going, and least the main idea, and then I just write. It flows and stitches into place as I write it.

message 27: by Alex (new)

Alex yes!! thats how i do it too...but it's just hard starting.how do you start?

message 28: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Well, usually, when I get a new idea for a story, it comes to me with the first paragraph or so. Just start however you imagine it would be...

message 29: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 I just get ideas at random, I guess. And if I can't use them at the moment, I just write them down on a piece of paper or in a notebook, for later use. Sometimes I combine two or more ideas. Starting is one of the hardest parts for me too, Alex. Sometimes i'm really excited to write one scene or chapter or something, so i skip ahead and write it out. :) How does everybody start?

message 30: by Alex (new)

Alex thats a good idea both of you!! but whenever i imagine it it never comes out right on the page...tehe, and i start...um it's kinda hard to explain cuz im not really good at starting but i start (if your character is telling the story) i start with the character saying hello and everything and introducing him or her self...is that good?

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) Haha! I skip stuff! It's called writer's notebook. It's a school assignment. Mostly, though, I have to push myself thought he boring parts...

message 32: by Alex (new)

Alex so do i!! but guys guess what!!?? i finally got the starting perfect on my story!!! YES!! i am SO excited!!

message 34: by Alex (new)

Alex I KNOW!!! finally!!!

message 35: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 yay!!!!!! haha. I should probabaly and change so much in the beginning of my story.... I don't worry about the beginning that much. I mean, you can always go back and re-write it. I have to push myself through boring parts too. I hate explaining things, because for most of the times, I know about the stuff anyways. But you have to make the audience understand, which can be really difficult. I prefer action scenes with not a whole lot of explaining. those are fun to write. but you have to do both explaining and action scenes.... argg. :(

message 36: by Alex (new)

Alex yes but that makes the story a whole lot better. and i prefer action senes to!

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) Action scenes are so much more fun to describe! I keep having to push myself though the description of the school and the description of the mansion....all very dull to me.

message 38: by Alex (new)

Alex wow this is so cool we're all so alike!

message 39: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 i know!!! its kind of scary, really... but that's okay!!!! :) after the explanation parts are done, i feel so relieved, because after explanation parts usually are the action parts!!! i usually go right ahead and write action parts, then have to go back and do explanation.

message 40: by Alex (new)

Alex thats a really good idea i mean i do that to but not so much

message 41: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin I agree, descriptions are so dull! Action scenes are the most fun. I usually write in order, unless I have this scene farther ahead that I really need to write. :D

message 42: by Alex (new)

Alex not me!

message 43: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 i usually go in order, too. ive only written a few scene ahead of where i was in the story, and i got confused, so now i just write in order.

message 44: by Alex (new)

Alex haha smart thinking!! i just wish i was that pationt!! sorry about my spelling!!

message 45: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 I don't care about spelling. This isn't grammar class (or is it???). I'm surprised how patient I can be, because I'm usually very impatient and hate waiting. I think it just makes more sense to go in order.

message 46: by Alex (new)

Alex thanks!

message 47: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 56 comments I like discription. I also love action, but you can't really have action without discription. I mean, if there wasn't discription then it would be like, "They fought." You've gotta have discription to make things interesting. Isn't, "He lunged and struck hard against the enemies sword, dodged sideways as the enemy conterattacked, and brought his weapon down on the enemy's head" sound better then "They fought"?

message 48: by Alex (new)

Alex what??i didnt get anything...sorry!

message 49: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 yeah, it is better to describe things... but explaining things is a real horror for me!!! you have to make sure everyone knows what you know. description is important.... but writing an action scene is the best!

message 50: by Alex (new)

Alex oh i get it now!!! thanx teresa!!

« previous 1 3