His Dark Materials discussion

Book Talk > Lyra's Oxford/Once upon a time...

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pan, Wanders in snow (new)

Pan (pantalaimon) | 426 comments Mod
Has anyone read "Lyra's Oxford" or "Once upon a time in the north"?

If so, what did you think of them?

message 2: by Anna Rose (new)

Anna Rose (rosierox) | 17 comments i almost did but i was staying at a relatives house and went to the library with her, i was gonna check it out but i was leaving the next day so i couldn't, but it looked really good. how was it Pan?

message 3: by Pan, Wanders in snow (new)

I liked them both. I wish they were a bit longer, but they were fun to read. And they come with a bunch of extra fun stuff like a board game and a map too.

message 4: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (hulloitsivy) | 630 comments sounds exciting! what are they about? well...besides the obvious.

message 5: by Pan, Wanders in snow (new)

Lyra's Oxford takes place 2 years after the amber spyglass and Lyra is up on the roof when some witch's dæmon comes being chased by birds and wants to get some potion for her witch. so she goes and tries to help and stuff. really short. 48 pages.

Once upon a time in the north is about when Lee Scorseby and Iorek Byrnison first meet and what they did together in this northern dock town.

message 6: by Anna Rose (new)

Anna Rose (rosierox) | 17 comments cool, ill try to find that book in the library

message 7: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (hulloitsivy) | 630 comments yeah! me too! we should have a deep philosophical discussion about them...or just...read them for the sake of lyra amazingness...

message 8: by Pan, Wanders in snow (new)

Yes we should! Lyra is amazingness. I may read the books again soon. Dunno yet. I just got a bunch of other books. been reading ALOT of George Orwell. just got dante's inferno and divine comedy and some other books.. mostly by Orwell. I want The Book of Dust to come out! It's 'spose to be really big. Not sure when it'll come out though. Pullman's been working on it for awhile.

message 9: by Anna Rose (new)

Anna Rose (rosierox) | 17 comments awesome ive never heard of it ill be looking forward to it

message 10: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (hulloitsivy) | 630 comments maybe i should add them to my 'to read' shelf...otherwise, i'll forget!

message 11: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (cheshire) I want to find those books! They sound so good!

message 12: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (hulloitsivy) | 630 comments you need to read them morgan!!!

message 13: by Pan, Wanders in snow (new)

READ THEM NOW! =D

message 14: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (hulloitsivy) | 630 comments not pressuring you or anything...

hahaha!

message 15: by Pan, Wanders in snow (new)

read read read =D