J.D. Robb discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Members - Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-50 of 482 (482 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

message 1: by Inky (new)

Inky | 5 comments Great idea Shazzy! In Death is one of my favorite series -- not many authors take the time to flesh out the supporting cast as well as Robb does. It makes the story deeper I think, when we care as much as Eve about what happens to Peabody, Mavis, Feeney, McNab and yes, the ultimate leading man, Roarke. Seriously crushing on that one:) So thanks for making a place to talk about them all.

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (special_7d) | 1 comments I am on the first book and I am hooked. So glad I bought the first 3 in a pack.

message 3: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 23 comments Hi everyone I'm Deborah and I love the J.D Robb series. I have also been thinking of who could play Eve and Roarke and that is a very difficult one. With technology and makeup Mariska Hargitay may be able to pull it off but I don't think they will ever find Roarke.

message 4: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 23 comments Thanks Shazzy

message 5: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) ooo! Mariska Hargitay is a good one for Eve. I picture her like Katherine on CSI--Marg Helgenberger. I might have mentioned this somewhere else...

message 6: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 23 comments Hi Kim,

Marg Helgenber is a good pick also. With her features and her slim build she could pull it off, but is she tough enough?

message 7: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (shigyrl30) Hi everyone, I am new to the group and I am a big fan of J.D Robb.

message 8: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 23 comments Hi Tiffany,

Welcome. I am a new member also and I think it is going to be a lot of fun.

message 9: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (shigyrl30) Thanks for the warm welcome!! Deborah, yeah I think it is going to a lot of fun too.

message 10: by Tya (new)

Tya Hey Everybody!
I'm Tya. I'm also a huge In Death fan. I'm certainly glad that I've come to this page. I always have the hardest time picturing Eve in my head, I've read every book more than once and I just can't see her. I don't know why, maybe because I'm a huge fan of hers, but I can easily picture Christina Ricci as Mavis..does anyone else see it?

message 11: by Tonia (new)

Tonia G (tgreenaway) | 2 comments Hey everyone!! I'm Tonia and I absolutely LOVE the In Death Series. Much for the same reasons that I've been reading about. I have a weakness for female lead characters who kick butt and take names and Eve certainly does that. I also love that she and Roarke are actually married (I'm old-fashioned that way :-)). Thanks for setting up a place for us Shazzy!!!

message 12: by Cat Singh (new)

Cat Singh | 4 comments Hey, i'm Cat.
I love this series!! I still have to read the last book, but i'll get there! It's on my list...

message 13: by Suzy (new)

Suzy (eyrieye) Hi guys, I'm Suzy.

I started this series a few years ago and still kick myself for not picking it up sooner cause I'd seen it in the library before that.

Thanks for the group, Shazzy!

message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Hi, I'm Jennifer. I've been reading this series for awhile and love them! I too completely love the cast and think they are too funny.

message 15: by Lori (new)

Lori | 6 comments Hi, I'm Lori.Huge fan of the In Death Series! I just bought Salvation in Death and cant wait to get started.I'll let you know what I think when I am done.

message 16: by Adelheid (new)

Adelheid (thecelticmyst) | 42 comments I, too, am waiting for my copy to arrive. Luckily, I am also on the library's automatic hold list for J.D. Robb (just in case I have to wait for the postal carrier), so I have their copy right now. :).

message 17: by Lee (new)

Lee (gamesafoot) In my group of friends, we refer to the Robb books as our "crack". We love 'em. I only read them in paperback, but I like to yank 'em out and re-read them over my summer break (I'm a teacher).

I used to work in a bookstore, now I teach. One of things I do at my school is to encourage kids to read, so I read a lot of kid books. The Robb books are my guilty pleasures...

message 18: by Jess (new)

Jess | 39 comments Hi, I just recently joined this group. I have also just recently started reading the In Death series. It started when my boyfriends mom gave me the book Remember When? and then I figured I would try the In death series. I think they are fantastic and I'm reading them as fast as I can get my hands on them. Which is as soon as the library has them ready for me. haha.

message 19: by Ramona (new)

Ramona (roy99) | 11 comments Hey everyone, I've posted on a couple of the threads, but realized I haven't come to this one to introduce myself. I started this series last year with a group of gals in one of my on line book clubs & just finished Divided in Death. I am so hooked on this series--just can't get enough of Eve and Roarke & all their friends & crime solving. I'm Ramona from FL & taught middle schoolers with special needs up until about three years ago & am enjoying my time away from teaching & catching up on personal reading.

message 20: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 2 comments Hi I am Terri. I had read several of the series, loving each one, then got away from them for a while. Now I am reading Conspiracy in Death and glad to be back!!!

message 21: by Kaz. (new)

Kaz. Hi I have just joined and I'm almost at the end of Naked in Death, I have loved this book and I'm looking forward to reading the whole series, I really like all the characters in it.

message 22: by Kaz. (new)

Kaz. Thanks for the welcome Shazzy, I finished the book last night, it was a great ending, who could not love Roarke what a perfect man and with the bonus of lots of money, lol.
I'm reading Double Cross next by James Patterson, I like to mix my books up but it won't be long before I will be getting back to Eve and Roarke.

message 23: by Teryl (new)

Teryl New member to the group, but not to Robb. This is a wonderful series. I don't read the series for the mystery, but for the characters. The character development is great!

message 24: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments Hi, I've been with this group for a short while, and don't even think I've even introduced myself. My name is Vanessa and I'm 50 years old. The In Death series is my absolute favorite one, and I especially love the audio versions. The characters are almost real to me and so enjoyable. I'm currently listening to Fantasy in Death, and for all those who listen to the audio, all I have to say is "Chapter 5," What a hoot!!

message 25: by Vicki (new)

Vicki | 47 comments I listened to Fantasy also. I am not sure of the chapter but if you are referring to their discussion in the car about girl and boy parts I agree it is quite a hoot.

Welcome to the group!

message 26: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments Vicki wrote: "I listened to Fantasy also. I am not sure of the chapter but if you are referring to their discussion in the car about girl and boy parts I agree it is quite a hoot.

Welcome to the group!"

Thanks Vicki, and yes, that's the one I'm referring to. I wouldn't recommend anyone listen to it while they're driving, though.

message 27: by Kate (new)

Kate | 6 comments Hi my name is Kate.

I stumbled upon the In Death series when I listened to Remember When. I started the series at the beginning. I listen to the audio books during my commute to work. I love them so much I am often sad to be home! ;)

message 28: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments Welcome, Kate.

Glad to have another J.D. Robb fan!

message 29: by Jess (last edited Apr 05, 2010 05:34PM) (new)

Jess | 39 comments Kate wrote: "Hi my name is Kate.

I stumbled upon the In Death series when I listened to Remember When. I started the series at the beginning. I listen to the audio books during my commute to work. I love them..."

I also got into the series after reading Remember When.

message 30: by Ramona (new)

Ramona (roy99) | 11 comments I loved Remember When, but I began reading Robb when some friends in my on line book club shared about how great the In Death books are. I started reading them from the beginning of the series with these gals & we shared the books. The books have traveled from Utah to NY to me in FL, on to Canada & Hawaii & ending up in SC. Our buddies in Canada & Hawaii stopped reading them, but the rest of us continue to share. I'm about to begin Memory in Death & enjoy the anthologies as well as the regular series books. I am now reading the books written under Nora Roberts as well.

message 31: by Christine (new)

Christine Dibb (effelump) | 1 comments hi all my name is chris and i am a huge j d robb fan , i eagerly awaited each and every one and have recently bought the full series for my e reader and have started to read then all over again lol amazing the things i missed first time around, guess i was always too eager to see who done it (and always eager to read about rourke :))

message 32: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) Hi, My Name is RNDO
and i'm officially addicted to In Death series (esp to Roarke ^^)
have falling in love at the first read when i read Naked in Death, and begin to collect the books until now. I hope i can discuss the book with all of you ^^
Nice to meet you all :D

message 33: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments Welcome RNDO, it nice to have you!!

message 34: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyssa_hesper) Hi my name is Alyssa...I've been a member of the group for awhile but I realized I never stopped by and introduced myself. I became addicted to the 'In Death' series a few months ago thanks to fellow friend & member Erika. It has fast became my all-time favorite series with Eve & Roarke being one of my fav literary couples. I couldn't thank Erika more! I look forward to discussing the series with you guys and seeing what else interests you.

message 35: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments Hi Alyssa,

Welcome! Feel free to introduce any new topics you wish to discuss.

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) | 16 comments hi Im sandi,,I am SO glad someone started a group for the death series!!I have all 30 books on my shelf! and waiting eagerly for the latest.I love eve dallas she's tough but also has another side to her.and roarke is the perfect man for her.these books are so good because each one is different I hear.I was collecting them thinking the series would stop at a certain book...keeps going strong! Im reading "immortal in death" got a long way to go! :) looking forward to sharing with you all! Iv'e added a few favorite photos of eve to the group photo's hope that was ok?

message 37: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyssa_hesper) Welcome Sandi!

message 38: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments Welcome, Sandy. As far as I know, photos are fine. I'm new to this moderator business, but if you can post them, then it's not a problem that I can see. Perhaps Shazzy can verify.

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) | 16 comments thanks for the welcome ladies! I put 2 photos of eve in the group photos.hope you like!

message 40: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments Yes, thanks, Sandy.

I have the Mp3 of "Fantasy" and there's no pictures. I haven't gotten the book yet. In fact, this is the first picture of any character I've seen. I always pictured her just a slight more less pixie looking with a firmer jaw, kind of more like the woman from the "Mentalist."

I do appreciate you putting it up there...interesting.

message 41: by Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (last edited Jun 20, 2010 04:16PM) (new)

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) | 16 comments hi vanessa,,not a problem:) its from ceremony in death.I got it off a romance book cover website..there is another of her..just have to find where I saw it. was there a cover like this on the "older" book of ceremony in death?

message 42: by Vanessa (last edited Jun 21, 2010 09:05AM) (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments There is a picture on the back of the paperback, but I always thought it was a picture of Nora Roberts. She is in a leather jacket, standing in front of a New York scene, though. She's also wearing jeans and a black sweater.

Hey Sandi, I'm editing this because I just did some research on the Nora Roberts website. The pictures on the books are of Nora Roberts, and it says she has no intention of publishing any pictures of the characters.

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) | 16 comments I wonder why the romancecover website put it as eve dallas? wonder if they know..sorry.:( I was just going by what they printed.hope it didnt get anyone in trouble? well...what does eve look like? that sure didnt look like nora roberts to me...she looks real good then!

message 44: by Gina (new)

Gina | 8 comments Vanessa wrote: "There is a picture on the back of the paperback, but I always thought it was a picture of Nora Roberts. She is in a leather jacket, standing in front of a New York scene, though. She's also wearing..."

Yes it is Nora Roberts, she is set up to look like Olivia Benson on SVU, they say her in death books are like SVU in the future...Love the show and the books

message 45: by Gina (new)

Gina | 8 comments Hello all my name is Gina and love to read anything by Nora Roberts minus the vampire books (didn't like them at all). My biggest problem is I read so fast it is hard coming up with new authors. I also love Janet Evanovich the plum series.

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) | 16 comments I never thought I would read janet evanovich'series..but I read the first one ( one for the money) and had to get the rest!I still like eve dallas way better though.so III read one of hers then a j d robb...

message 47: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments Welcome Gina, glad to have you aboard!!

message 48: by David (new)

David Peters My name is David and I got started with the In Death books a few years back when I was keeping track of what I read (for the goal of 100 books). I saw an interview with Tess Gerritsen on the Sarah Weinman site in which she mentioned she had a terrible time getting men to read her books. She went on to say it was a larger problem faced by all female authors.
Since I was keeping track anyways I looked back and learned I was only reading female authors at around 10% and made a new goal to improve that number. JD Robb was one of those mystery series I picked up and have stuck with ever since. Other female mystery writers I went on to read/keep up with are Tess Gerritsen, Laura Lippman, Denise Mina, MC Beaton, and Lindsey Davis.

message 49: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments Hello, David!!

I also enjoy Tess Gerritson. Welcome Aboard!!

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) | 16 comments welcome david..Ive often picked up one of lindsey davis's books & thought it would be along the same line as j d robb's books but in a time of the past..roman? how many are in the series? which is the very first?

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.