The Rory Gilmore Book Club discussion

Music, Movies, & Miscellany > Rory Convention

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Stirrat | 201 comments My other group -- Constant Reader -- has an annual convention. Is this something we should think about? Weekend somewhere in the middle of everybody, lots of books discussions, and hanging out.

message 2: by Alison, the guru of grace (new)

Alison | 1282 comments Mod
Yes for me!

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Oh, we've thought about it!

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show_g...

The problem is, with many overseas members, where exactly is "the middle of everybody"?

message 4: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Stirrat | 201 comments Hmmmm . . . Anacapri? Paris? Oahu?

message 5: by Robbie (new)

Robbie Bashore | 592 comments I thought the middle of everybody was your place, Courtney!

message 6: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Stirrat | 201 comments It IS! And I a have a HUGE yard so we could just put up lots of little tents, grill everything and scare the h*ll out of the neighbors :)

So when is everyone coming?

message 7: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Well, when is the warm weather going to be? I think never this year. sigh.

I'll make my husband make "real" Chinese food. It can be like their International Pancake joint. Everything but the pancakes!

Is there going to be a knitting contest for a worthy charity?

message 8: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Stirrat | 201 comments Its GORGEOUS here, at least for yesterday and today. Then its going to rain for a month. Then it will be 98 with 98% humidity. Ach!

Perhaps instead we can needlepoint or cross-stitch worthy Rory and literary quotes?

message 9: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Who's in charge of the egg hunt? heh

And just rub it in Courtney! Erie got his come uppence, so you better be careful! hee

I guess I can't complain too badly. It's been in the 60s the past couple of days.

But I'm willing to go anywhere that's warm--the hotter the better!

message 10: by Dini, the master of meaning (new)

Dini | 691 comments Mod
Anywhere, Meghan? How about moving closer to the equator? ;P

message 11: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Dini - I'm all for the equator. Especially if there are cute boys bringing me nice slushy drinks and plenty of good books!

Didn't we discuss before doing a world tour like Rory wanted to? I'm not sure where Fez is though. I never had geography. Sorry.

message 12: by Megan (new)

Megan | 118 comments Morocco...or a really neat hat.

message 13: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Thanks Megan! I like Morocco. I'm for a trip to Fez after we visit Courtney!

message 14: by Megan (new)

Megan | 118 comments Did Al's Pancake world ever have Moroccan on a grab bag night? I can't recall.

message 15: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (new)

whichwaydidshego | 1996 comments Mod
OMG, Courtney! I laughed so dang hard just now reading your tents-neighbors quote! They'd like think is was an estrogen-induced Woodstock event or something... (Sorry Morfeus & Erie, but you must admit you are the minority around here - and therefore would be around there as well. Maybe they'd think it was a harem thing if you two showed up!!!)

But the funny part would be all the extension cords going up to the house and all the tents glowing with computer lights! After all, how else would we communicate?

message 16: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Stirrat | 201 comments Not to mention the GG episodes and movies we could project onto the back of the house and watch ala drive in -- hilarious as we all post comments about the film on our laptops so as not to intrude upon the dialogue.

Which would be an excellent excuse for me to rip out these d*mn shrubs I hate and keep trying to passive-agreessively kill through bonsai-like pruning. Wouldn't want them to intrude on Rory's feet.

LOL, notwithstanding the fear that a pile of uber-literary women (and two fabulous uber-literary men) could induce, I think we could get away with it. My neighbors seem to have figured out that my neurotic need to move constantly and our DINC status means I am going to do a lot with the house. So any estrogen-induced cultural convention would probably wash out in the hopes of increased property values.

Ah! Middle class morality. (wink at Mr. Shaw).

message 17: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Wolsey When we got there would we discover that everything has been covered with a giant hay maze?

message 18: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (new)

whichwaydidshego | 1996 comments Mod
Classic, Lindsay, classic!!