What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Messy
This topic is about Messy
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED: Children's Picture Book - Messy Girl/Ballerina [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charity (new)

Charity (charityross) There was a picture book that I remember loving as a child...

* Plot summary-
A girl is extremely messy (messy room, messy eater, etc.) and she starts taking ballet. She is cast as the prima ballerina (lead ballerina) in the recital and given a beautiful white tutu. As a result, she decides to 'clean up her act', so to speak, in order to feel deserving of the beautiful, pristine, white tutu. Everything is spotless by the time the recital rolls around and she looks (and feels) like a princess. After the recital, she goes out for ice cream with her family and ends up spilling ice cream down the front of the tutu.

Anyone know what the title (and author) of this book is??

message 2: by Charity (new)

Charity (charityross) bump

message 3: by Charity (new)

Charity (charityross) Wonderful! I think that's it!! I have been searching for this book for such a long time and knew that it had to have the word 'messy' in the title. Little did I know that Messy was the title. It is no wonder that I had such a hard time finding it since it appears to be out of print. Off to find it secondhand. Thanks so much, KT!!

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan (mem357) | 5 comments I can't believe I found this! I recently found Angelina Ballerina, a favorite book from my childhood, which made me remember Nina Nina Ballerina. And then for some reason I got a sudden burst of a tiny memory of a book about this girl. The more I looked online the more I remembered, but it didn't even click about the part with ballerinas until I read your description! thanks so much for posting this (and for answering too!) it's one of the best feelings in the world when you are able to take a wisp of a memory and tug it out!

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19659 comments Messy for the link.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Messy (other topics)