Between, Georgia Between, Georgia discussion

Crackers in Georgia.

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:03PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mary A pleasant read - good beach book. Don't have to think too hard. Fun trash.

Arlene Walker I thought Ms. Jackson's writing was lively, and her characters fully realized. I enjoyed reading about all her quirky characters.

Lori I loved how quirky this was and the interesting spin of having the "mom" be deaf and blind. And yet, it was funny! Great book.

Arlene Walker Yes GREAT book. I'm going to read more of her work.

Michaela Gods in Alabama is just amazing....love how Ms. Jackson is able to weave such a wonderful story and have you fall in love with her characters.

Bridget All of her books are amazing!!! I have read all but backseat saints and I loved them all. Even simple "country" people from the south can have complicated lives and I like how her books have simple characters, with real-life issues.

Pamela At the moment she is my favorite southern fiction writer.

Arlene Walker Pamela wrote: "At the moment she is my favorite southern fiction writer."
YUP. Mine, too. She has a new one coming out this month, I think. I
ll be reading that one as well.

Bridget Pamela wrote: "At the moment she is my favorite southern fiction writer."

I believe Joshilyn JAckson and Sarah Addison Allen are the leaders of the new southern fiction!

Donna Davis Well, nobody HAS to think too hard, but if you do, you can see that it is more than just a fun beach read. For example, how many "between"s can you find in the story?

The plot devices tie into at least one part of almost everyone's life. Think whether there is a small person in your life being raised by the wrong family member. Think if there is someone out there who is stuck twixt nature and nurture. And so on.

You can read this, laugh in the funny spots and move on, or you can turn it into a thesis. It all depends on how deeply you think about the issues it raises.

April Joshilyn Jackson is by far my favorite author. I have listened to every one of her audio books, which she reads herself. Her being the reader of the story only adds to the book. I don't agree that this is just a, "fun beach read" if that is all you get from her books, you are completely missing the mark. She has a way of telling the story of subjects that most authors shy away from. I recommend all of her books, and can not wait until she has a new book.

Bridget Donna wrote: "Well, nobody HAS to think too hard, but if you do, you can see that it is more than just a fun beach read. For example, how many "between"s can you find in the story?

The plot devices tie into at..."

Well said!!!