Thoughts on the World discussion

Views > School Uniforms

Comments Showing 1-50 of 119 (119 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) There are so many views on school uniforms. What is yours? Do you think it's a good idea or not? I, myself, don't like the idea.

message 2: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) I'm mixed. I think we should be able to wear whatever we want, but sometimes people can wear really innappropriate stuff. And in places where there's a clear division between rich and poor, you can't tell with uniforms. But I love wearing what I like, and I think it's sort of unfair to force kids to wear stuff.

message 3: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) Well, I don't think they are that bad, and it probably saves you money on clothes that you can spend on other things, like books! Or, if you aren't me, movies with friends.

message 4: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin I actually don't like school uniforms. Everyone the same...not having the freedom to wear what you want..*shudder* It's like A Wrinkle in Time! I like to have the freedom to wear what I want, thanks. And I'm glad the girls at my school don't diss people about what they wear! Well, they do talk dirt nonstop behind your back, but I can live with that.

message 5: by Morgan, Life consists of circles (new)

Morgan (cheshire) | 95 comments Mod
I don't care about fashion really, as long as I look OK, I'm good. I would hate to have to wear a uniform, though.

message 6: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) ya i don't care that much about fashion- i mostly wear whatever looks ok over my brace... i can't wear a lot of stuff cuz it looks weird.

message 7: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Brace? Like for Scoliosis (think I spelled that wrong)

message 8: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) ya. i'm surprised u kno about it! i have to wear it all the time, it's huge and velcros in the back... so i can't wear tight stuff, only like babydolls.

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) Sounds annoying. BTW, my back is better. My chiropractor kinda got it growing back in the right place.

message 10: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie My sister has it. She's almost done though. When do you get to never have yours? I go to the chiropractor too! Just had to say that.

message 11: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ I don't like the idea of school uniforms at all. first of all, let's face it: most of them are not attractive. but more importantly, they squash the individuality of all the different students. we should wear what we like, and what we think we look good in.

message 12: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) 1 1/2 - 2 yrs.

message 13: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments her brace is for one and a half years.

message 14: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) I once read a book about a girl who had scoliosis and had to deal with wearing a brace. I think it was called Deenie, but I'm not sure. I also read a book about a gril who lost her leg. It was called Izzy Willy Nilly. I do not understand the title at all.

message 15: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) sry that wuz confuzzling.

message 16: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin A WRINKLE IN TIME??!!!??!! I HATE CHARLES!!! oOps sorry i blew up. Oh well. But I hate it when people talk about fashion as if its the best thing that has ever happened. I just care if i look okay or not.

---

How do you hate Charles?????????? He's so lovable!!! :D

message 17: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie I read that book, Veronica. It's very good. I'm sorry if I'm being a little personal, but how long have you had yours? My sister started at four and she's going to get it off this summer in August (she's fourteen).

message 18: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Are you guys talking about braces? I have them. I'm getting them off in a year and a half. Yippe (not.) I hate braces.

message 19: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie No. Well, technically yes, but a different type of brace. For scoliosis.

I had braces. But only for a year and a half. I have really short rooted teeth.

message 20: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments no, sculiosis braces. not teeth. but for teeth braces, i hd them in fourth grade, and i still have a built in retainer for over four years, and i dont get it off till im sixteen,, and i used to have an expander then i got two teeth pulled, i have a cross bite, i need braces again, and im never gonna get wisdom teeth. my mouth has problems. BIG problems

Felicity/Rosestar (felicity) | 39 comments I think that school uniforms are ok, as long as there is some freedom. Like a shirt with different colors. And whatever pants you want. The high school that I'll be at next year is like that except I'm not allowed to wear denim.

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) That would be cool for me. I hate denim. I hate jeans.

message 23: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ A WRINKLE IN TIME IS SUCH AN AWESOME BOOK!!! YAAY!!! srry. i just had to say that... i don't hate charles, but he is a little creepy, i admit.

message 24: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ WHO DARES TO THINK THAT A WRINKLE IN TIME IS A BORING BOOK??? I WILL KILL THEM!!! AAARGH. okay, just kidding. :D but really; people think it's boring??? why???

although i guess when you read a book 4 school, you always end up overanalyzing it so much that it could make ANY book seem stupid.

message 25: by Asia (new)

Asia | 35 comments I had to read A Wrinkle in Time and do summarys of it for school.

message 26: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) KT- Did you her the Kalkster saying that the dress code would be more strict next year? How CAN it be MORE strict? Are they going to have Uniforms or something???

message 27: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments yeah, uniforms is the only way i can thinik he means strict by. i mean, kassie gets dress coded every day. one, i think the rules are stupid, two, i think the girls who are stupid enough to wear stuff that umm... skimpy, are stupid, and three, why do guys think we want to see their under wear? cough sean cough.

message 28: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ the dress code at my middle school was ridiculous. the shirts we wore had to have straps that were 'at least three fingers wide', and if you stood up straight and put your hands at your sides, your skirt/shorts had to go past your fingertips. so dumb. it basically eliminated all summer clothing...

message 29: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments thats same as ours, pretty much but one of our straps has to be as wide as our student id card, and if we get cayght we have to wear our pe clothes. but sume teachers wont let you in class with your pe uniform on because thats also against school rules so weve got major probs.

message 30: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ yeah... a lot of girls would wear really short shorts to gym class. and our pe teachers didn't care. it was mostly just the vice-principal who cared; she would stand outside the school every single day, searching for someone to yell at for wearing inappropriate clothes. it was kinda sketchy. like this one time, this girl got off the bus, and the vice-principal went up to her and said, 'i saw up your skirt when you got off the bus!' and the girl's like "WHAT??!!" it was so creepy. *shudder*

message 31: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments ewww. creepy principal.

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) One of our school dress code things requires that if someone is found wearing things against the dress code, they have to wear some baggy pants and a shirt that says 'I heart the dress code' over it.

message 33: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ lol. that is so humiliating. but kinda funny.

message 34: by Soumya (new)

Soumya here, our dress code requires skirts and shorts need to me arm length or you are sent to the nurse to change, tangtops need to be in the length of two fingers together. there are so many rules.

I think i would enjoy wearing a uniform.

message 35: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ i luv skirts... i don't really like school uniforms though. i'd like to dress myself, thank you very much. haha. :)

message 36: by Soumya (last edited May 18, 2008 03:11PM) (new)

Soumya i am a type of person that likes to be neat and where good clothing.

i practically have trouble finding my size clothing because i can't find anything decent in the juniors section.

i don't really shop in clothing stores like American Eagle.

so i would say a school uniform is better for me.

message 37: by Soumya (new)

Soumya yea, i don't go shopping at any of those type of stores.

message 38: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments oooh, i love american eagle! i usually go to tilly's or some t-shirt place.

message 39: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) KT did u hear Mr. Kalk saying the dress code would b STRICTER next year??? it's already super strict how can he do that?

message 40: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments idk, i think like, theyll call our parents the first time, or theyll give us automatic saturday school instead of detenetion

message 41: by Allie (new)

Allie | 15 comments We had a dress code in high school, but never a uniform. I actually would be alright with a uniform provided I could wear a skirt or one of those pinafore things. Having to wear a tucked in polo shirt with a belt is simply a no go and about as humiliating as you can get. It's not exactly the most flattering look for a bigger person.

I'm a big fan of fashion but I also like comfort as well. I'm more than likely found in my college classes in pj pants and a hoodie than a dress. And I certainly don't think my peers' unique sense of style affects my learning.

message 42: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ i like fashion, but i don't like spending TOO much money on clothing. so i usually go to cheap-ish places like the gap or old navy or something.

message 43: by Wee!wawaLAA!!! (new)

Wee!wawaLAA!!! (kawala) | 139 comments I had uniform a while back.
It wasn't that bad...since the clothes were pretty comfy :)
but in the summer, the clothes were not exactly thin...so it got like really really hawt
i just like random styles
they don't have to be expensive...just layer and match em :D

message 44: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Weewawalaa, do you go to year round school?

message 45: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments my friends go to a year roundschool and they pretty much got to school for a week, get a week off, got to school for a week, and get a week off. its pretty mice. except they dont get summer/winter/spring breaks.

message 46: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ i like getting summer/winter/spring breaks better...

message 47: by Wee!wawaLAA!!! (new)

Wee!wawaLAA!!! (kawala) | 139 comments i go to a public school with the whole summer/winter break and that one week of spring break :)
year round is kinda weird...
but so is summer break
it's like super long and it's so easy to get bored

message 48: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments what?????? do you guys have no life????(no offense if you dont) how can you get bored over break!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean, you have unlimited time. hanging out with friends...going to the pool...seeing movies?

message 49: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments oh, sorry. i dont take any summer classes. well, you could do homework with someone else from your school. or do it outside. thats what i do for regular school anyway. i hate wasting sunshine.

message 50: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ my friends always go on vacation during the summer, and i never go anywhere; i just stay at home. ugh. but at least i have time to read and write...

« previous 1 3