New Juvenille Fiction Authors Seeking Feedback discussion

My Written Thoughts

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:02PM) (new)

Stacy Ok what is Scary enough to scare Death itself? He's been concerened for Anita and others before but has he been plain scared before? I don't remember a point in the books where he was ever scared (hey I could be wrong)I don't think any particular monster is scary enough to literaly scare him but something is bound to scare him what do you supose it is? Or Maybe you think nothing can scare him, explain?

message 2: by Jennifer (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:02PM) (new)

Jennifer Pearson I'd say an inability to do something would be the scariest thing for him. I's speaking in reference to "his kids". I think that him being incapacitated or unable to do anything while Peter and Becca are in danger.

I think we caught a glimpse of that in Obsidian Butterfly...

But, for him to truly be stuck, unable to do anything to help. I think that, that might be the scariest thing for him.

Plus, there's that whole "becoming one of the monsters" thing that would cause some concern. Edward becoming a Vampire......

Wait, never wind. That WOULD be scary, but for everyone else. Not Edward. He would probably revel in it after he got over the whole "being a monster." And, of course, killing the vamp that turned him.

message 3: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:02PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) I have my own book being published. It's called "My Written Thoughts". It's not out yet. But when it does come out I would appreciate if I could get some feed back about it.

message 4: by Stacy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:02PM) (new)

Stacy Oooh Edward as a Vampire would be scary he would be a bad ass vampire too. Yes I think loosing the kids or not being able to get to them that would probably terrify him. Now that I think back A glmipse of a scared Edward was in Obsidien Butterfly but I think it could be even worse than that.
I think Edward Scared would Scare Anita. In many ways Edward is Anita's security blanket she always knows that he will be there for her and can/will save her. You saw a bit of distancing from Anita's Security Blanket in this last book (mostly because she is more powerful now),but she still sees Edward in such a savior type of way (he's her "Just in case card") Edward being scared could have the potential to really screw with Anita.

message 5: by Cat Singh (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:07PM) (new)

Cat Singh His wedding day. I think if Donna could actually buckle him down (they are engaged!) that Edward would be sweating bullets, and have to go on some major killing rampage before the wedding.

and Donna would make Anita wear a dress and it would be peach organza or something equally terrifying.

message 6: by Stacy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:12PM) (new)

Stacy Heehee like the dress from Monster in law oh that would be wonderful. Yeah I think Edward's wedding would scare him a bit, but I'm sure he would go out and fine some major bad guy to fight and hall Anita along with him. He would probably see it as a last hurrah. Hey Do you supose that He would tell Donna the truth about himself before he marries her, or do you think that she needs to know?

message 7: by Jennifer (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:12PM) (new)

Jennifer Pearson Does she need to know? Probably. Does she want to know? Most definitely not. Do you think that she wants to hear that her fiancee took her 16 year-old son out to help Anita, whom she loathes with a passion, fight inter-national, supernatural bad guys? ...And almost die. Can't forget that part... No. I don't think she does. I'm sure that she would rather live in blissful ignorance.

However...

I'm sure that if Edward doesn't tell her soon, Olaf is going to see it as a weakness and try to exploit it. Then, Edward will be forced to tell her, kill Olaf, or let him do what he wants...... I think I just found the plot-line that will get Olaf killed.

Awe! I LIKE Olaf!

message 8: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:14PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) Update on my book. My book is scheduled to come out October 22, 2007. It's available at publishamerica.com for $12.95.

message 9: by Robert (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:16PM) (new)

Robert Tabb (Robert_C_Tabb) That's really exciting, Ashley. I'll be sure to check it out.

message 10: by Cat Singh (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:54PM) (new)

Cat Singh Donna would totally flip out.
But Peter would stick up for himself and "Teddy" and Donna i think would have to suck it up.
I mean she knows what went on the first time she met Anita (which is probably why she doesn't like her, you know Anita=danger) with Becca and Peter, so he's got to have some spine, especially after her husband got killed.
She'd go through with it, if anything, just for our pleasure of having Edward bbitch to Anita about picking out flowers!!!
I would love to read that...
...am i wrong??

message 11: by Cat Singh (new)

Cat Singh Oh!
I think walking in on Anita and JC would scare the shit out of Edward. He doesn't see her sexually, so considering how sexual she's gotten, i think Edward would go ballistic!
But my first vote is still for Donna........

...and i like Olaf...but he's still psycho, and needs to not ever be around Anita.........