Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer discussion

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by N.V.R. (new)

N.V.R.  Moore (nvrmoore) | 60 comments Mod
Are you an aspiring writer? Having problems with manuscript format, query letters, submissions, story arc, plot, scene structure, characterization, etc.? Maybe I can help! :-)

message 2: by Twilightopal (new)

Twilightopal (rela) | 6 comments really?? what are you, an author or something???

message 3: by Twilightopal (new)

Twilightopal (rela) | 6 comments by the way, what is a query anyway??

message 4: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (pendra) | 7 comments a query is like a cover letter on your resume. you mostly have to send them to the agent, so they can decide if it's in their best interests to support your work.

sure, kamikaze, i'll take some help.

message 5: by TK (new)

TK (talbiedoodle) | 41 comments I need help with some how being able to get my ideas typed down. I know what i want to write but a conversashion between to charecters is hard for me

message 6: by Bruce (new)

Bruce Sarte (brucesarte) | 2 comments The best way to start is to take your idea... the entire idea and try and put into one sentence...

Example from my upcoming novel:
A charming private detective is haunted by the past every day; when a girl he used to know reenters his life can he banish his demons while saving her from her own?

Next you would take that and expand it into a paragraph... maybe 3-4 sentences... then eventually into three or four page synopsis. No dialogue, just general ideas. But during this process, it should help you think through your story and characters... process the ideas and come up with enough information before you actually start to write your story. This is a reallllly quick overview of where I start with my writing workshops but I hope it helps.