We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Comments (showing 1602-1651)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 33 34

message 1651: by Bubbles99 (new)

Bubbles99 | 1 comments I have been on goodreads for several years but didn’t know there was a LK group! :)

1. Name: Rathika

2. What are your favourite LK books?

It’s so hard to choose only a few since I LOVE most of LK’s historical romance novels. The following stories hold a special place in my heart & I’ve re-read them as well.

- Dreaming of You
- It Happened One Autumn
- Worth Any Price
- Suddenly You

3. Who’s your favourite LK hero & heroine? Couple?

Do I have to choose only one hero? ;) .......not sure if that’s possible :p LK writes such wonderful men. If I must choose then it’s probably tied between Derek Craven & Marcus (Lord Westcliff).

Fav heroine is Evie & fav couple is Sara Fielding & Derek Craven

4. What do you like about LK books?

Just everything. ;) Her writing style, her ability to effortlessly make one see & feel what is happening. I don’t ever have to try imagining anything because I am always magically transported there. Her characters (both hero & heroine) are just amazing. They are all different yet I always manage to connect with them in some way. And they aren’t perfect. They all have faults & issues to work through just like any of us. I love that her heroines are always strong even if they have gentle / quiet personalities. And the heroes are just amazing - passionate, intelligent & strong. And the stories are so romantic. Plus, she writes great love scenes. And with most of her books I’m still thinking about the characters days after I’ve finished the book. They become so real to me. LK is my #1 favourite historical romance author. :)

message 1650: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (JoannaLovesReading) | 13 comments 1. Joanna
2. Love in the Afternoon, with Marrying Winterborne as a close second.
3. Hero: Cam (I think..this is not an easy question), Heroine: Evie (so many good ones though), Couple: Beatrix & Christopher
4. I don't recall the first one I read of LKs, but it didn't make me a believer then. I would come back to LK when I needed a good, reliable read. I read the Wallflower series and liked it quite a lot, but still not in auto-buy for me. Then I read the Hathaway series, and it floored me. Loved those ones so much, and it made me appreciate her genius in earlier reads. I have not read her contemporaries, because I rarely read in that genre, but do keep them in the back burner for when I need a good read.

message 1649: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 3735 comments Welcome, Idelle!

message 1648: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4720 comments Welcome to WLLK, Idelle!

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 2118 comments Welcome to the group, Idelle!

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 425 comments Welcome to our group, Idelle!

message 1645: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 3735 comments Welcome, Dakota! Any other new members I've missed!

message 1644: by E. (new)

E. R. (DilawRosas) | 499 comments Welcome "new" members!

*LOL*

:-)

message 1643: by AliciaJ (new)

AliciaJ | 75 comments Welcome Dakota, nice to meet you! :)

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 2118 comments Welcome to the Group, Dakota!

message 1641: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8000 comments Welcome, Dakota! Lisa Kleypas is an auto-buy historical romance author! Love her books!

message 1640: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4720 comments Welcome to WLLK, Dakota. Yeah, it is hard to pick just one couple as a fav.

message 1639: by Dakota (new)

Dakota (queendakota) | 12 comments 1. Dakota
2. My favorite Lisa Kleypas books are Dreaming of You, Secrets of a Summer Night, Devil in Winter, Again the Magic, Seduce Me at Sunrise, and Suddenly You. I absolutely love almost all the books by Lisa Kleypas.
3. My favorite Lisa Kleypas couple is Kev and Winnifred, well maybe Derek and Sara, or perhaps Annabell and Simon.
4. I love Lisa Kleypas characters. They all have different personalities and different challenges, but underneath that they are all basically nice people. The romance in her books is so romantic:) I love that the characters in her books fall so completely in love with each other that they would do anything for them.

message 1638: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4720 comments Welcome to WLLK, Ola & Evelyn! Sorry so late...just getting notice.

message 1637: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 3735 comments Welcome, Evelyn. We like some of the same things about LK!

message 1636: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn (Evelyn29) | 12 comments Thank you!!

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 2118 comments Welcome to the group, Evelyn!

message 1634: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8000 comments Hi, Evelyn! Lisa Kleypas is one of my favorite historical romance authors, and I'm thrilled that she has started writing more historical romance. Welcome to the group, we're glad to have you with us!

message 1633: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn (Evelyn29) | 12 comments 1. Hi my name is Evelyn!

2. My favorite Lisa Kleypas books so far..... are
- Secrets of a Summer night (Wallflower series)
- Only with your love (Vallerands #2)

I also like "Devil in Winter" and "Tempt me at Twilight"

3. My absolute favorite Lisa Kleypas couple would have to be
Simon and Annabelle Hunt ! I adore this couple. They are from the first book of the Wallflower series.

4. There are many things I like about this Author. She is amazing! I like that at the end of the story you get the feeling that her couple is truly in love and there is a satisfactory ending.

I absolutely love self-made heroes!! and so many of Lisa's heroes are self made!

message 1632: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8000 comments Welcome!!!

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 2118 comments Welcome to the group, Christiana and Ola!

message 1630: by Ola (last edited Dec 16, 2015 02:10AM) (new)

Ola | 1 comments i know i came here too late with this thread completely inactive but i feel like responding anyway. so hello to whoever's listening.

1. Name: ola.

2. What are your favorite Lisa Kleypas books: if i had to answer that question at gunpoint, you still couldn't make me choose. i love all my children equally.

3. Who's your favorite Lisa Kleypas hero and heroine? Couple: right now, simon and annabelle immediately come to mind. i do love sebastian/evie, derek/sara, joe/avery, zoe/alex, lara/hunter... but something about simon and annabelle has always stood out to me the most. they're somewhat underrated too, aren't they? :( i love all of lisa's couples though and find something special and unique in each relationship. which is the beauty of lisa kleypas' books. and admittedly, i still have some lisa kleypas books i haven't read yet, so give me time.

4. What do you like about Lisa Kleypas books: lisa kleypas has a certain power over me. no one comes close to her level, they just don't. i read her books just when i began my reading obsession around the age of 15, so she has a permanent place in my childhood memories and has shaped much of my own ideas on romance. her writing style is so poignant and elegant and makes me want to get inside her damn brain so i can look further into her world. i respect many of the personal ideals and values she expresses in her books and makes me believe she's a beautiful person inside and out. ugh i just love her.

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 2118 comments Welcome to the group, Christiana!

message 1628: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4720 comments Welcome to WLLK, Christiana!

message 1627: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 3735 comments UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick wrote: "Welcome, everyone! I'm so excited that Lisa is writing in my FAVORITE genre again!!!!!!!"

Ditto!

message 1626: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8000 comments Welcome, everyone! I'm so excited that Lisa is writing in my FAVORITE genre again!!!!!!!

message 1625: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 3735 comments Welcome, Christiana!

message 1624: by Christiana (new)

Christiana | 1 comments Hi,
I am Christiana and I love historical romances. Lisa Kleypas is somewhat new to me as I started with Cold Hearted Rake and have only read 2 other of her works to date (Dreaming of you & Seduce Me at Sunrise)... I had heard of her writing but was intimidated by the ginormous backlist and how many books were in each series, but I'm challenging myself to read/listen as many of her books in the new year.
I loved Kev Merripen in SMaS and was astonished at the number of beefcake images that appeared when I googled his name!

message 1623: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 3735 comments Welcome new members! We're still here. The mods have been busy with life challenges, so that's why the group hasn't seemed as active. If you're interested in coordinating a monthly challenge, it's not strictly relegated to moderators. Let me know if you want to give it a try for a month or two.

message 1622: by E. (last edited Nov 09, 2015 08:00PM) (new)

E. R. (DilawRosas) | 499 comments Welcome to the group, new members that I hadn't greeted since last time I was here!

;)

message 1621: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (SWegner) | 322 comments Honeyee wrote: "Sharlene wrote: "Hi Honeyee! Not sure how active this group is anymore. I kind of just joined a few months ago to do the monthly challenge & get through some of the older books on my shelf. I final..."

I have not read the Hathaways. I do believe I owe them all, so it will happen some day! lol

message 1620: by Honeyee (new)

Honeyee | 6 comments Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* wrote: "Honeyee wrote: "@Carol
I am also very excited for Cold-Hearted Rake. I wish she'll do more historicals after this."

Honeyee, as far as I'm aware, she has signed a seven book deal ..."

Thanks for the info Carol! This is good news for LK fans. Can't wait for the new historical to be released!

message 1619: by Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* (last edited Jul 12, 2015 03:23AM) (new)

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 2118 comments Honeyee wrote: "@Carol
I am also very excited for Cold-Hearted Rake. I wish she'll do more historicals after this."

Honeyee, as far as I'm aware, she has signed a seven book deal with Avon Books. The books will include both historical and contemporary romance novels.

message 1618: by Honeyee (new)

Honeyee | 6 comments @Carol
I am also very excited for Cold-Hearted Rake. I wish she'll do more historicals after this.

message 1617: by Honeyee (new)

Honeyee | 6 comments Sharlene wrote: "Hi Honeyee! Not sure how active this group is anymore. I kind of just joined a few months ago to do the monthly challenge & get through some of the older books on my shelf. I finally read The Wallf..."

Hi Sharlene!

I love The Wallflower series! Have you read her Hathaways? I like the Travis series, Blue-Eyed Devil being my favorite. OMG Dreaming of You and Derek Craven. I remember crying buckets of tears while reading that book.

I haven't read Stranger in My Arms but I'll be adding it to my TBR list.

message 1616: by Honeyee (new)

Honeyee | 6 comments Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* wrote: "Welcome to the group, Honeyee."

Thank You Carol! :)

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 2118 comments Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "Lisa Kay who is one of the moderators is in the process of moving. I'm sure this group will get a little more active once she's done. ☺

Plus Brown-Eyed Girl should be coming out n..."

Pamela, I'm also looking forward to Cold-Hearted Rake coming out in October. It seems an age since her last historical.

message 1614: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (SWegner) | 322 comments Yay!

message 1613: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 468 comments Lisa Kay who is one of the moderators is in the process of moving. I'm sure this group will get a little more active once she's done. ☺

Plus Brown-Eyed Girl should be coming out next month. WooHoo!

message 1612: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (SWegner) | 322 comments Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* wrote: "Sharlene wrote: "Hi Honeyee! Not sure how active this group is anymore. I kind of just joined a few months ago to do the monthly challenge & get through some of the older books on my shelf. I final..."

:(

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 2118 comments Sharlene wrote: "Hi Honeyee! Not sure how active this group is anymore. I kind of just joined a few months ago to do the monthly challenge & get through some of the older books on my shelf. I finally read The Wallf..."

Regrettably, it looks like it, Sharlene.

message 1610: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (SWegner) | 322 comments Hi Honeyee! Not sure how active this group is anymore. I kind of just joined a few months ago to do the monthly challenge & get through some of the older books on my shelf. I finally read The Wallflowers & loved that entire series! I had read the Travis series before any of her historical romances & loved that series, too! And Derek Craven! The ultimate tortured hero! Have you read Stranger In My Arms? That was really unique & also excellent! Carol, I guess the monthly challenge has gone by the wayside?

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 2118 comments Welcome to the group, Honeyee.

message 1608: by Honeyee (new)

Honeyee | 6 comments Hi!

1) Introduction
My name is Joyce and I am a new member here so I thought about introducing myself. I am a big fan of Lisa Kleypas. I have read most of her books and love each and every one of them.

2. What are your favorite Lisa Kleypas books?
I love them all but my faves are: Blue-Eyed Devil, Tempt Me at Twilight, Dreaming of You, Devil in Winter, Christmas Eve at Friday Harbour

3. Who's your favorite Lisa Kleypas hero and heroine? Couple?

Hero: Derek Craven, Sebastian St. Vincent, Ross Cannon, Gage Travis, Hardy Cates, Harry Rutledge
Heroine: Haven Travis, Poppy Hathaway, Liberty Jones, Sara Feilding
Couple: Hardy/Haven, Derek/Sara, Harry/Poppy, Sebastian/Evie, Mark/Maggie, Liberty/Gage

4. What do you like about Lisa Kleypas books?

I think what I love most about Lisa's writing is that there's always an aspect of the story that touches you and tugs at your heart. Her books have made me cry buckets especially Dreaming of You, Tempt Me at Twilight and Blue-Eyed Devil. I love that I can relate to her characters especially her heroines.

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 2118 comments Welcome to the group, Allyson!

message 1606: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 3735 comments Welcome, Allyson!

message 1605: by E. (new)

E. R. (DilawRosas) | 499 comments Welcome, Allyson!

message 1604: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4720 comments Welcome to W♥LK, Allyson!

message 1603: by Allyson (last edited Nov 09, 2014 09:09PM) (new)

Allyson (allycat402) | 2 comments 1. Allyson
2. Again the Magic! The first one I read. :)
3. Favorite hero? McKenna, Simon Hunt, Sebastian
Favorite heroine? Lottie, Evie
Favorite couple? Aline and McKenna, Simon and Annabelle
4. Book-hopping characters and the Wallflowers series. I love getting to know the characters and become familiar with the settings. It starts to feel familiar, like its own world I can get lost in.

message 1602: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 3735 comments Welcome, Kayla. Simon is in my top five of LK heroes (three actually). :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 33 34
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

It Happened One Autumn (other topics)
Secrets of a Summer Night (other topics)
Someone to Watch Over Me (other topics)
Dreaming of You (other topics)
Devil in Winter (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Laura Lee Guhrke (other topics)
Julie Garwood (other topics)
Mary Balogh (other topics)
Susan Elizabeth Phillips (other topics)
Julia Quinn (other topics)
More...