Louisa May Alcott fans discussion

I love LMA books!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:02PM) (new)

Jenna (JennasJourneyBlog) | 1 comments Mod
Louisa is my all time favorite author. As a child, I did a book report or two on her and her writings. Currently, I am re-reading Little Men. I collect Little Women and even have an original copy!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Have you read all the books? If so, which on is your favorite?

message 3: by Haley (new)

Haley (BookLover) | 3 comments i've read almost all the books and i love them!!! my favorite one is Old Fashioned Girl

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann | 7 comments Hello!:)

This looks like a delightful group!

The Rose books are some of my favorites that I've ever read:) And Alcott seems like such an interesting person. What a great idea to start a group for her fans :>

message 5: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn My favorites are LITTLE WOMEN and the Rose books (EIGHT COUSINS and the sequel ROSE IN BLOOM). What other authors do you enjoy with a similar feel? I lament that they just don't seem to publish books like this anymore! (I'm also a huge LM Montgomery fan.) I did enjoy THE PENDERWICKS, published recently and with a similar sort of feel to LW, but the girls are younger.

message 6: by AngieA (new)

AngieA (angelwings55) | 9 comments My favorites are also the Rose books. I decided to read all of the LMA books again over the next few months (or however long it takes) and started with the Rose books. I've also finished An Old Fashioned Girl and am now reading Under the Lilacs. This time, when I'm done, I think I will rank them in order of preference.

message 7: by Ann (new)

Ann | 7 comments I adored the Rose books, too, Angie!!:D Who wouldn't want an Uncle Alec ;>

message 8: by Haley (new)

Haley (BookLover) | 3 comments The penderwicks was a good book, but now as good as the older ones... Some of my favorite other books besides Alcott are L.M. Montgomery's... And ditto Ann, Who wouldnt?!?!=D

message 9: by Ann (new)

Ann | 7 comments Oh yes, Montgomery is another of my favorite authors! For some reason (and don't ask me why) I tend to group Alcott, Montgomery, and Austen together as my "classic women authors whom I love" - really Austen is quite different I guess, but still ;)