Romance Series Lists discussion

Romantic Suspense (COMPLETE) > Protectors - Beverly Barton (COMPLETE)

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Colleen (NerdyWoman) (last edited May 01, 2008 11:53PM) (new)

Colleen (NerdyWoman) Kayter (nerdywoman) | 20 comments The following list includes titles that were prequels to the officially named 'Protectors' books (Books 1-3), as well as books published under the Silhouette Intimate Moments label (identifed with SIM-#) and Silhouette Desire label (identified with SD-#).

SEQ	TITLE			SERIES ID	PUB DATE	HERO
1 This Side of Heaven SIM-453 Oct-92 Nate Hodges
2 Paladin's Woman SIM-515 Aug-93 Nick Romero
3 The Outcast SIM-614 Jan-95 Elizabeth Mallory
4 Defending His Own SIM-670 Oct-95 Ashe McLaughlin
5 Guarding Jeannie SIM-688 Jan-96 Sam Dundee
6 Blackwood's Woman SIM-707 Apr-96 J.T. Blackwood
7 Roarke's Wife SIM-807 Sep-97 Simon Roarke
8 A Man Like Morgan Kane SIM-819 Nov-97 Morgan Kane
9 Gabriel Hawk's Lady SIM-830 Jan-98 Gabriel Hawk
10 Keeping Annie Safe SIM-937 Jul-99 Dane Carmichael
11 Murdock's Last Stand SIM-979 Jan-00 Aloysius Murdock
12 Egan Cassidy's Kid SIM-1015 Jul-00 Egan Cassidy
13 Navajo's Woman SIM-1063 Mar-01 Joe Ornelas
14 Whitelaw's Wedding SIM-1075 May-01 Hunter Whitelaw
15 Sweet Caroline's Keeper Jun-01 David Wolfe
16 Jack's Christmas MissionSIM-1113 Nov-01 Jack Parker
17 The Princess's BodyguardSIM-1177 Oct-02 Matt O'Brien
18 On Her Guard Nov-02 Ellen Denby
19 Faith, Hope and Love* ANTHO Nov-02 Worth Cordell
20 Grace Under Fire Jun-03 Jed Tyree
21 Downright Dangerous SIM-1273 Feb-04 Rafe Devlin
22 Keeping Baby Secret SD-1574 Apr-04 Frank Latimer
23 Laying His Claim SD-1598 Aug-04 Trent Winston
24 Worth Dying For Nov-04 Dante Moran
25 Ramirez's Woman SIM-1375 Jul-05 J.J. Blair
26 Penny Sue Got Lucky SIM-1399 Jan-06 Vic Noble
27 Dangerous Deception Nov-06 Domingo Shea
28 His Only Obsession SIM-1455 Mar-07 Will Pierce
29 A Time to Die Dec-07 Deke Bronson

* Included in "So This is Christmas" Anthology

While the SIMs titles are not as long as the full-length titles, they provide the back story. Barton's writing offers intensity and character depth even when working with fewer pages.

Throughout this series, the hero of one book is often introduced 2-3 books beforehand as a secondary character, another operative from the Dundee's Protection Agency.

But there are also mini-series within this series, books where other secondary characters are introduced and the storyline is related or continuous. These stories are better enjoyed if read together and in sequential order.

Mini-series:

#17 - The Princess's Bodyguard, #18 - On Her Guard, #19 - Faith, Hope and Love

#20 - Grace Under Fire, #21 - Downright Dangerous, #22 - Keeping Baby Secret

message 2: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 86 comments Holy cow! Very impressive, Colleen! I can't believe I've read all of these, but darn if I can remember what half of them are about! I just remember none were bad, and a lot were quite good!

message 3: by jenjn79 (new)

jenjn79 | 409 comments Mod
From Bartons website -

Book 30: Dying For You (Dec '08) - Lucie Evans and Sawyer McNamara.

This will apparently be the last Protectors book.

Colleen (NerdyWoman) Kayter (nerdywoman) | 20 comments WOO HOO, ISIS! I saw the title but didn't know who the H/H were. I'm thrilled! I was hoping to see Sawyer's story sooner or later.

Last one, huh? Well, all good things must and should come to an end. Having, at one point, read through about 15 of these end-to-end, I can say that after a while, even the most diverse stories start to sound alike.

My favorites here are:

Guarding Jeannie (she's an empath who can also feel another person's pleasure)

Blackwood's Woman (gotta love a man who tells a rape victim that he's her first lover because she's never chosen to share herself before)

Murdock's Last Stand (A merc in his mid-40s and as tough as ever!)

Gabriel Hawk's Lady (she's a BBW and a PK, but he puts her through boot camp before they brave a war-torn Central American jungle)

Sweet Caroline's Keeper (he assassinated her stepfather and became her secret guardian)

I've got all but the last 3 and they're on my "short" list!

Colleen

message 5: by jenjn79 (new)

I knew the title too, but I kept remembering that I'd read more info about it somewhere, but for the life of me could not find it again. I finally did! It's actually on the main page of Barton's website, in the little blog area. At the very end she gives the H/H and that it's the last book.

I've actually not read that many of these...only 7. I have the most recent RS release on my To-Read shelf. The others I hope to read as I find them. I'm going to a book sale on Sat. so maybe I'll get lucky!

message 6: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 86 comments Colleen--you named all of my favorites! I would read these again if I didn't have about 200 books in my TBR pile!

Isis--I saw that too! I've been waiting for that story! I figured that those two would be together--too bad it's the last one. Let's hope it's the best one!

Colleen (NerdyWoman) Kayter (nerdywoman) | 20 comments I feel your pain, AUNTEE! I just recently got my hands on books 24-26 and haven't had a chance to read them! Those Edge Bros. were too compelling!

They're just going to have to patiently wait in line like all the other hunks vying for our attention. (heavy sigh) So many men,...

Colleen

message 8: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 86 comments Colleen,

If I remember correctly (and I often don't), #24 "Worth Dying For" was a really good one! The hero's name jarred something in my foggy brain--I think it was a goodie!

message 9: by Kathrynn (last edited Jan 31, 2009 03:44PM) (new)

Kathrynn Beverly Barton

1 This Side of Heaven (The Protectors 1) (Silhouette Intimate Moments No. 453) by Beverly Barton 2 Paladin's Woman (The Protectors 2) (Silhouette Intimate Moments #515) by Beverly Barton 3 The Outcast (The Protectors 3) (Silhouette Intimate Moments #614) by Beverly Barton 4 Defending His Own (The Protectors 4) (Silhouette Intimate Moments, No 670) by Beverly Barton 5 Guarding Jeannie (The Protectors 5) (Silhouette Intimate Moments No 688) by Beverly Barton 6 Blackwood's Woman (The Protectors 6) (Silhouette Intimate Moments #707) by Beverly Barton 7 Roarke's Wife (The Protectors 7) (Silhouette Intimate Moments No 807) by Beverly Barton 8 A Man Like Morgan Kane (The Protectors 8) (Silhouette Intimate Moments, No 819) by Beverly Barton 9 Gabriel Hawk's Lady (The Protectors 9) (Silhouette Intimate Moments No. 830) by Beverly Barton 10 Keeping Annie Safe (The Protectors 10) (Silhouette Intimate Moments No. 937) by Beverly Barton 11 Murdock's Last Stand (The Protectors 11) (Silhouette Intimate Moments, 979) by Beverly Barton
12 Egan Cassidy's Kid (The Protectors 12) (Silhouette Intimate Moments #1015) by Beverly Barton 13 Navajo's Woman (The Protectors 13) (Silhouette Intimate Moments No 1063) by Beverly Barton 14 Whitelaw's Wedding (The Protectors 14) (Silhouette Intimate Moments No 1075) by Beverly Barton 15 Sweet Caroline's Keeper (The Protectors 15) by Beverly Barton 16 Jack's Christmas Mission (The Protectors 16) (Silhouette Intimate Moments No. 1113) by Beverly Barton 17 The Princess's Bodyguard (The Protectors 17) (Silhouette Intimate Moments No. 1177) by Beverly Barton 18 On Her Guard (The Protectors 18) by Beverly Barton 19 So This Is Christmas (includes The Protectors 19) by Sherryl Woods 20 Grace Under Fire (The Protectors 20) by Beverly Barton 21 Downright Dangerous (The Protectors 21) (Silhouette Intimate Moments #1273) by Beverly Barton
22 Keeping Baby Secret (The Protectors 22) (Silhouette Desire No. 1574) by Beverly Barton 23 Laying His Claim (The Protectors 23) (Silhouette Desire No. 1598) by Beverly Barton 24 Worth Dying For (The Protectors 24) by Beverly Barton 25 Ramirez's Woman (The Protectors 25) (Silhouette Intimate Moments No. 1375) by Beverly Barton 26 Penny Sue Got Lucky (The Protectors 26) (Silhouette Intimate Moments No. 1399) by Beverly Barton 27 Dangerous Deception (The Protectors 27) by Beverly Barton 28 His Only Obsession (The Protectors 28) (Silhouette Intimate Moments) by Beverly Barton 29 A Time To Die (The Protectors 29) by Beverly Barton 30 Dying For You (The Protectors 30) by Beverly Barton

message 10: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 86 comments Holy cow, that was a lot of work! Way to go, Kathrynn!

message 11: by jenjn79 (new)

Kathrynn - could you add Book 30 (the last Protectors book)? It's called...err...I just read it, and can't remember the title, lol....Oh! Dying For You! That's it ;)

message 12: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn Gotcha!

message 13: by jenjn79 (new)

Kathrynn wrote: "Gotcha!"

Thanks! and thanks for working on this! I'll help out soon...I've been totally hooked on this series I'm reading and can't tear myself away.

message 14: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn Cool! I understand the "need to read." :-)