Ladies who love Laurell discussion

Favorite guy in Laurell's two worlds

Comments Showing 1-50 of 146 (146 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Stacy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:02PM) (new)

Stacy | 191 comments Mod
Wow I made up the topic and even I am having a tough time deciding. I really like Rhys and Doyle from Merry's world. And I will always love Jean Claude, Asher, Jason, and Nathaniel from Anita's
Oh I am so conflicted what's everyone elses ideas.

message 2: by Jennifer (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:02PM) (new)

Jennifer Pearson | 14 comments Honestly?

My favorite guys are Edward and Doyle. Just can't go wrong with a flame thrower and a pooka.

*smirk*

Close behind that would be Olaf, if only because his character reminds of Riddick without the lucidity.

Then, of course, is Rhys. I just adore the film noir. It makes me nostalgic for a time my parents weren't even cognitive for.

message 3: by Gina (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:03PM) (new)

Gina (gina227) | 1 comments I think I'm the only person alive who actually likes Richard. I don't know why because he really does annoy me at times with all his self-flagellation, but there's just something about him that appeals to me. Other than that, I have a real soft spot for Asher and Jason.

As for Merry, I'm not quite as absorbed in that series, but if I had to pick, I think I would have to say Galen and Frost.

message 4: by Acg2003 (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:04PM) (new)

Acg2003 | 24 comments I have to say Doyle is my favorite in the Merry series. He just seems so dark & sexy.

In the Blake series, Jean Claude and Asher are my favorites. I can't stand Richard. I used to like him, but soured on him really quick.

message 5: by Tina (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:04PM) (new)

Tina Edwards | 3 comments I really like Jason. I wish he'd get more story. I heard something that made it sound like he might in the next Anita book. I don't know if it's true but I hope it is.

I also like Nathanial.

As far as the Merry books go.....I like Frost and Galen and Doyle. I dunno. I've read all of the Merry books but I didn't get as into them as I did the Anita books. So, my opinions on characters aren't as well formed.

message 6: by Jennifer (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:04PM) (new)

Jennifer Pearson | 14 comments Actually Laurell said that Jason is getting a whole novel. Micah got a novelette, but she says that Jason's been so good that, when he asked for a full novel, she just decided to give him one. I don't remember if his is the next one, or the one after that, but it's one of those.

message 7: by Stacy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:05PM) (new)

Stacy | 191 comments Mod
Yes Jason is getting his own Novel. She is writing it right now and it will be the next book to come out. It was going to be a Novelette like Micah was but she said she wasn't even half way through the plot and she already had too many pages for it to be a nolelette so Novel it is. According to the Wolf Howl question and Answer time with Laurell; Jason is being a bit difficult when trying to write his story. She said he had all of these pent up emotions that all came exploding out in this one book. So this is definetly going to turn out to be interesting. Although personally I don't see a romantic relationship between Jason and Anita forming. They are friends that have sex ocationally, Good sex definetly and Anita cares about him, but I'm not sure if a love type of relationship would work with them.

message 8: by Sandra (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:05PM) (new)

Sandra Shirkey | 1 comments Hi,
I think it is so hard to choose in all of the guys because there are qulitys that i like in all of them. I like Jean Claude. Richard is becomming a whinny ass.

message 9: by Cat Singh (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:06PM) (new)

Cat Singh | 202 comments I LOVE Jean Claude. I didn't before like i do now, he always used to seem too pushy and invasive. But now he seems like to one guy who is exactlly what Anita needs when she needs it. It does get me a little peeved that he knows things about her powers that he dosen't share whith her right off, things that could be useful to know. If he and Maryanne could team up to train Anita on all the metaphysics i this she could lick so much more ass. Also what do you guys think about the fourth mark? Do you think she'll ever take it? Or be forced into having to take it? Sometimes i wish she would, and others, i'm glad she's still a little "human"

message 10: by Stacy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:07PM) (new)

Stacy | 191 comments Mod
I'm so glad you brought up the fourth mark. I think that she should save it for a while. I think she should totally eventually take it anyway. I mean what with her own triumverate with Damien and Nathaniel she's probably imortal already. I mean having Damien as a vampire servant is probably extending her life right. Well anywho I totally think she should do it but should save it for a time where all of their lives are in serious danger. The fourth mark could save them all if they were in extreme danger like say when Mommy wakes up completely and decides to play. Right now the vampires think that this is all the power they are gonna have. The fourth mark can be their ace in the hole. IN an emergancy. Although I personally don't know why JeanClaude didn't give it to them when they were all dying in the last book. THat was realllly close. I think he should have.

message 11: by Lynn (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:23PM) (new)

Lynn (dwell_ondreams) Jean-Claude because he's sexy as hell & more than a little evil (but with a soft spot)

Edward because he's Death, he's mysterious, he has horrible taste in women & he would kill Anita in a heartbeat if he had to

Jason because he's just so frickin' adorable. And he's scared of rotting vampires & I just want to cuddle him.

As for the Gentry series, I'm quite fond of Rhys, but I never really got into that series. . .

message 12: by Jess (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:23PM) (new)

Jess | 4 comments Gina - I'm with ya on Richard. Something about his broody self! Remember Blue Moon? That was hot!

As for the Merry series, hmmm, not sure who to pick. I think it's Doyle. He's such a mystery, a dark guy. Love that. Then Frost is my second. Don't know who I want her to have as king, but they are both yummy.

message 13: by Cat Singh (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:48PM) (new)

Cat Singh | 202 comments I love Doyle. I love Doyle. I love Doyle!

message 14: by Karen (new)

Karen (mansiongal) | 8 comments I think Jason is my favorite Anita guy. Nathaniel needs to get more balls before I'll like him, but he's moving up on the list. I usually like vampires, but something about Jean Claude's character is just too thin. Maybe it's because Richard's damaged psyche got so much ink and Jean Claude's psyche paled in comparison.
My favorite Merry guy is Doyle, although I really liked the darker side to Rhys that came out in the last few books.

message 15: by Ravyn (new)

Ravyn Shadowdrake (ravynstomes) | 4 comments Hi all I just joined.

I LOVE Jean Claude. First because I have a fascination for vamps (lol) second because he seems to really compliment Anita magically and romantically.

As for Merry's series, I like Frost because it is so interesting to watch someone who was never a living person become Sidhe. Watching him struggle thru all the situations they face is so interesting.

I look forward to more discussion with you all!

Alicia

message 16: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cookiejarprincess) Jason is my favorite. I can't wait to read the next book and meet his family and all that stuff. I have loved Jason since his first appearance in the series. Granted, he was seriously thinking about eating Anita at the time, but still. It wasn't really his fault anyway. :P

message 17: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 191 comments Mod
me too I can't wait to read Blood Noir, I hope the other characters get their chance in this next book I love Jason but JEan Claude is my one and only.
oh bye the way hi all sorry I've not posted in a while. Lots of Homework.

message 18: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Housley (naggin) | 1 comments Hey ya'll. I'm new to the group but am excited to find a place where everyone loves LKH. Go Anita!! My favorite is Micah and Jean Claude. Love them both!

message 19: by Summer (new)

Summer (summerbp) | 7 comments This is a hard decision to make, so I'm going to qualify it:

Mortals:
Edward: he's just so damn sexy!! I mean, really. Obsidian Butterfly was awesome.

Shifters:
It used to be Micah, but then he got too soft, so I'm going to stay with Jason on this one. He's totally hot and I love his personality. Nathaniel is pretty good, but I agree that he needs some balls before he really ratchets it up there.

Vampires:
Jean Claude. No question. He's the only character who really seems to be a balls match for Anita (which can be annoying), plus he's uber sexy. I do have a hard time making a mental picture of him, though...

message 20: by Krystin (new)

Krystin | 1 comments I love Nathaniel and Damien! I'm a sucker for redheads and I don't like manly macho men. They are sensitive, devoted and physically strong, but they aren't brutes. They make Anita calm. I wish I had one of them!!

message 21: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (jordieheartsbooks) | 4 comments I haven't read any of the books in the Merry series yet so I can't comment on any characters from that.....

I love Asher. I'm not sure why exactly, but there's something about him. Jean-Claude is up there, but I don't like the games he plays with Anita and her powers. Nathaniel makes me want to hold him and teach him to be stronger.

message 22: by Jaime (new)

Jaime | 3 comments Hi to all, I just joined!

Anita - I am with Gina, I like Richard. Not sure why, but there is something about him. He is getting a wee bit winney and it's kinda annoying.

Other than that I have to say Nathaniel, but he need to grow a set of balls.

Merry - I have always like Frost.

message 23: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 191 comments Mod
Hi Jaime welcome. Yeah Richard is a big conflict in the books at times I'm like aww Richard then at other times I'm like I HATE YOU RICHARD. So conflicted. I think that Nathaniel is starting to grow some more balls. I mean he is standing up for himself more plus he is asking Anita to try that whole umm new aproach to sex thing hey that takes alot of guts but yeah I know what you're saying he does need some more balls. I bet Asher would lend him his heehee

I love Frost But oh I was sooooo sad with A lick of Frost I hope he comes back. Oh please oh please. Although I'm glad Merry will be able to keep most of her favorites now.

message 24: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (brittanygrace) Hello everyone! I'm new here and figured this was an easy question to jump in with.

First of all I have to say that I really love quite a few of the fellas,I mean whats not to love? Frost, Jean Claude, Asher, Nathaniel, all the boys are wonderful, but my overall favorite are definitely Doyle and Requiem. I know we don't know Requiem too well, but he just stuck with me from the first time I read his name.

message 25: by Christine (last edited Mar 01, 2008 08:22PM) (new)

Christine Richard (christine1774) | 8 comments Hello. I just joined the group. It will be great to have others to talk to about my favorite worlds.
I love Jean Claude, always have, always will, but he does keep alot of secrets.
Richard is sexy as hell, but his attitude is seriously getting tired. I think Micah is much better for her than the first two. Also, I love Jason, he is my favorite shapeshifter!!
As for Merry, Doyle is my fav, and frost just is too yummy to let go!
LKH is a great writer, and I will read anything from her, but I hope Anita Blake lives forever, cuz I love those books!!!

message 26: by Cat Singh (new)

Cat Singh | 202 comments So i'm rereading all of Anita in preparation for Bloor Noir, and to find Zerbrowski's first name. (i'm gonna find it, he's got to have a name!) And i have to say, it was kind of upsetting to read the introduction of Richard into the series. It reminded me of how much i used to like him, and got me all pissed off as to why he can't be that nice anymore.
He meets Anita in a scenario where he hears how she lusts after Jean Claude. He sees her battle a giant snake, and then, they go caving!?!
Where is the good-ol-Richard that i used to love???

Ah well.... all the better i guess, cuz JC's as sexy as can be!

message 27: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (mlhiggins84) Hey everyone! I just found Goodreads and have spent the past 3 hours having a blast. My absolute favorite character is Edward. There needs to be much more Edward. I would love to have another book like Obsidian Butterfly where Anita leaves St. Louis to go on a job with him. I feel the story lines can get bogged down and that would be a great way to take a break but still get my fix.

message 28: by Starr (new)

Starr | 59 comments I have to agree with Morgan that Edward is a great character. He is complex and I am so curious what role he will play in the future. However, I have to say my very favorite is Jean Claude. I love how he seems so harmless one second and then dangerous another. Or maybe it's the accent! LOL! I also love Bones from the Jeannie Frost series. I love how bold he is and how willing he is to do anything for his woman - even if she insults him. I guess Jean Claude is a lot like that too. Though, sometimes I wonder about JC's intentions. That sounds funny, but I wonder how much of him is with Anita for power. With Bones it seemed to be a case of love at first site - a mentor/mentee relationship gone naughty.
I also agree with Stacy because I was tormented when Richard started to pull away. But I give props to Anita for knowing what she needs and wants. I don't think there is any going back to Richard for Anita.

message 29: by Mary (last edited Mar 28, 2008 11:11AM) (new)

Mary Runnion (Mae300) | 5 comments I would have to say Asher is one of my favorites...I think she gave him back a piece of himself that perhaps he thought was lost forever, despite his scars she helps him overcome the pain...that is what makes Asher one of my favorites...Richard I just want to kick in the rear for being a dutz...Jean Claude I feel uses her too much..he's more out for the power and political means on all levels and such...Micah and Nathaniel...well I think they are good for her too. Although I like one of the most recent characters (Jason) that Anita has been feeding off of...he was in the last one...I think he's gonna end up being more...who knows.

Oh I got to add...I LOVE EDWARD'S TOYS...boy ...I love his character...awesome

message 30: by Summer (new)

Summer (summerbp) | 7 comments Now that I've finished reading what Gentry books there are, I can say hands-down that Doyle is my favorite character from BOTH worlds, but definitely Merry's. A close second would be Mistral, though he wasn't much featured. Sholto is great, too.

message 31: by Acg2003 (new)

Acg2003 | 24 comments I'm pretty much updating my list that I said before.

My favorite person (or people) Anita's world would be Jean Claude and Edward. I can't stand Richard, because he can't stand "himself". I will say that I really like Jason & Micah and they come up a close 3rd and 4th to the list, with Asher a distant 5th.

In Merry's world...hands down....Doyle, with Rhys a close second. I love Doyle for his strength and love for Merry and what's not to love about Rhys. I like that he adepts well to "both" of Merry's worlds (human & Fae).

message 32: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (jordieheartsbooks) | 4 comments I have finally read he first 2 Merry books. I'm really liking Frost and Doyle so far. I'll have to see if anything changes the more I read.

message 33: by Annie (new)

Annie (angelannie) Micah - definitely Micah.

message 34: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 71 comments I am with you Annie. Micah all the way!!! He is the only one who doesn't piss me off in one way or another. He adapts to ever single situation and knows how to act and what needs to be done without whining or making a fuss or need to be coddled. He just accepts that it is what it is and moves on. He is perfect!

In the Merry world I am all about Doyle. He is the best candidate to be her king agian, he is similar that he knows how things must be. He may not be happy about it, but accepts it. Also, he is so strong and powerful he is just such an asset to Merry and the throne!!!

message 35: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 191 comments Mod
I bet this upcoming book will switch alot of people over to Jason Land. Although I'll always be a Jean Claude girl. He is just awesome, so is Asher. Oh and Haven is intriguing.
I think Doyle would definetly be the best king. All of the men look up to him and would follow him already he is pretty awesome. I wonder what Merry is going to do now though. Now that she has all those men as kings.

message 36: by Acg2003 (new)

Acg2003 | 24 comments I agree with you Stacy, Haven is VERY intriguing and I really hope to learn more about him.

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) Haven't read gentry yetthe first three are still sitting on my shelf. Favorite Anita men are of course JC and Edward. A close second would have to be Olaf he's so deliciously creepy that I just want more.

message 38: by Sidhe (new)

Sidhe Prankster (sidheprankster) | 14 comments Hmmm... I don't think I could choose just one favorite, but I can give a short list. My favorite two guys from Merry Gentry are Doyle and Rhys, -unsurprisingly, since I've always thought Nodens Nuada and Cromm Cruach were fascinating mythological characters,- and my favorites from Anita Blake would have to be Damian and Jean-Claude. Doyle is the strong, protective sort, and calls to the darker side of my personality, while Rhys is lovable and funny- which appeals to my lighter half- but is still dangerous if crossed. Likewise, Jean-Claude is the sort to pamper and protect, making a girl feel safer, while Damian is more the sensitive, quiet, lovable sort.

message 39: by LinBee (new)

LinBee My favorite from the Merry Gentry series definately have to be Doyle and Mistral, followed by Rhys.

My favorite from Anita Blake are Asher and Jason, followed by Jean Claude, Edward & Nathanial...I also like Jamil and Shang-Da. Ah, too many men to choose from!

message 40: by Sidhe (new)

Sidhe Prankster (sidheprankster) | 14 comments I think that's sort of the point of the books... It's like ice cream in book form. :)

message 41: by Starr (new)

Starr | 59 comments SO TRUE! Laurell writes some yummy, yummy men. Have any of you seen the dipictions of Richard and Jean Claude on Laurell's site? Is that how you guys pictured them? I think it is so cool to see an artist bring fiction characters to life. It's almost never how I have imagined them, but it's very cool to see what the author might have been thinking when she described her men.

message 42: by Sidhe (new)

Sidhe Prankster (sidheprankster) | 14 comments (Insert evil laughter here) One Merry Gentry sunday with hot fudge Doyle and Rhys sprinkles, please!

I haven't seen those descriptions yet, Starr... I'll have to check it out.

message 43: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (kris84) | 2 comments My favorites would be Asher and Doyle

message 44: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 2 comments I am still new to these books (I read Anita's books for the first time 2 weeks ago) so I haven't gotten to the Merry Gentry series yet....hopefully some time next month.

But as for Anitas Guys....I would have to say Nathanial is my current favorite, he is getting so much more assertive...I love it! Second is tied between Jason and Micah. I love Jason's fun yet perceptive personality. Yet Micah's peaceful determination is also really great!
All three of them rotate in and out of the current favorite spot depending on my mood. But apparently, I have a thing for the shifters. Lol!

message 45: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 71 comments I agree and my fav is Micah...Here kitty kitty kitty...

message 46: by Cat Singh (new)

Cat Singh | 202 comments I was reading an article that had an interview with LKH and she was saying that her original idea was for Micahs character was for him to be a villan!! She said that the way she was writing him, it just didn't work out. He HAD to be the understanding sweetie that we know and love. So yay!!! I don't know if i could ever see Micah as a bad guy...

message 47: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 191 comments Mod
thats interesting cat it's almost like the characters are for Laurell exactly what she needs and the characters are for Anita exactly what she needs.

Jiaka1981 Winfield | 62 comments Anita Blake- My favorite guy is Nathanial, I love the domestic thing but the fact that he oozes sexuality, he's everything i want in a man. And I am a cat person too.

Merry series- I alway thought Doyle was best for Merry but i like Rhys. His style and sense of humor is totally cute.

But honestly why chose one, Anita and Merry get them all, i'm with them.

message 49: by mlady_rebecca (new)

mlady_rebecca | 278 comments My favorites in Anita are Jean-Claude, Jason, and Nathaniel. And, unlike some of the earlier posters, I loved Nathaniel even when he was ultra-submissive.

In Merry, my favorites are Rhys, Galen, and Sholto.

It's funny, I've noticed I tend to agree with Anita's picks much more than I agree with Merry's.

message 50: by Heather (new)

Heather (fantasy_mom) | 28 comments In Anita's world, my favorite guys are Edward and Jason.

In Merry's world, my favorite guys are Doyle, Sholto, and Rhys.

« previous 1 3