Ladies who love Laurell discussion

The Anita Blake Comics

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:02PM) (new)

Stacy | 191 comments Mod
So They are pretty awesome does anybody have anything to say about them. I know that I really loved reading the first "First Death" comics. If anybody hasn't read them do so now. It's a never before published Anita Blake story in Comic book form um YAY! Also on a personal note. My friend went to ComicCon in San Diego and got me a Signed Poster of Jean Claude That says and I quote "To Stacy, for you, Laurell K Hamilton" and the special ComicCon pencil cover addition of the first "First Death" Signed, "To Stacy, Enjoy, Laurell K Hamilton" Needless to say I peed myself.

message 2: by Sarah ~Sehrenity~ (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:19PM) (new)

Sarah ~Sehrenity~ It's not fair for single issue collectors, though, that the hardcover version of Guilty Pleasures has a short story in the back of it that's not in the monthlies. The story and art in these are so good that I can't help but love 'em.

message 3: by Stacy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:19PM) (new)

Stacy | 191 comments Mod
I think they released the short comic story individually it's the first death mini series there are only 2 of them. They take place before guilty pleasures.

message 4: by Sarah ~Sehrenity~ (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:19PM) (new)

Sarah ~Sehrenity~ I've got the First Death #1 issue, but that's not the story I read in the back of the Guilty Pleasures HC. The story in the HC involves Anita talking an older cop out of pointing a gun at a vamp suspect in a murder at an apartment building. Art's different, too, although I can't tell you who did either.

message 5: by Stacy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:22PM) (new)

Stacy | 191 comments Mod
Oh I didn't know that. Well that sucks. I think I'll go ahead and get the hardcover though. My collection is definetly turning into a good investment. I have the first comic ever in pencil edition and thats going for $35 on ebay. wootwoot! PLus I have those signed ones and every single issue that is out, all in first edition. They really are pretty fun. I look forward to new ones when they come out.

message 6: by Sarah ~Sehrenity~ (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:22PM) (new)

Sarah ~Sehrenity~ Your collection sounds like a good one. I can't decide if I want to get the HC yet because I have the issues. It feels waaay too indulgent to buy both, but the HC has the mini-story AND the great alternate cover art. I'm so torn. Did you hear that the First Death #2 and Guilty Pleasures #7 release date got pushed back to October 3? I can't wait either, but I guess we'll have to!

message 7: by Stacy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:22PM) (new)

Stacy | 191 comments Mod
Yeah I did. Poo That sucks. I think it's because of the management changes going on with the Dabel brothers. You heard Marvel droped them right. I'm not sure all that's happening with that but there was some sort of change that I read about on Laurell's blog.

message 8: by Sarah ~Sehrenity~ (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:22PM) (new)

Sarah ~Sehrenity~ Wow. I didn't know that Marvel dropped the Dabel imprint, but that explains a lot. Since you mention Laurell's blog, have you seen the promo illustration of Anita at ComicCon on Laurell's webpage? It's very cute, but I can't figure out who the guy on the right is. Do you know because I'm blank? I can't think of anyone who's supposed to look like that. Anita is in front with Jean-Claude and Edward (both looking yummy) behind her, but who's behind Jean-Claude?

message 9: by Jess (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:23PM) (new)

Jess | 4 comments I have the HC of Guilty Pleasures, just got it last week. Very cool, but I thought they made Anita a bit wimpy. I know in the beginning she isn't as seasoned, but I always envisioned something a bit more tough. Like the graphic used for this site, that was an added graphic from the comic, but not what they used. I like that.

Oh well, I love reading them, and I'll keep buying them!

message 10: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 191 comments Mod
So the first bunch of comics is done. They were pretty awesome I loved the scene between Jean Claude and Anita I really do think they did Jean Claude perfectly in the comics. The best part though is at The end of the comic it said that Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Laughing Corpse #1 is going to be out in october cool huh. I wonder what they are going to do as the series gets umm a bit naughtier heehee that will be interesting.

message 11: by Heather (new)

Heather (fantasy_mom) | 28 comments I only bought "First Death" so far... I really enjoyed it and the artwork is fantastic ^_^

message 12: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Rose (amandarose) | 148 comments ok so everyone agrees it's worth it?? i am debating getting them. it's all the same story right? just pictured added to it?

message 13: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 191 comments Mod
yeah pretty much the same story except for first death it tells the story of when Jean claude and Anita first meet pretty cool stuff.

message 14: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Rose (amandarose) | 148 comments oh ok then... i will def. have to get my hands on those!!! I still want the guilty pleasure and laughing corpse comics just because i want to see what everyone looks like. thanks Stacy!

message 15: by Anna (new)

Anna (stregamari) I have all of them, including the posters (jean-claude!) and the brett booth sketch books. very good! New artist for the laughing corpse series, more menacing, I think. LKH had a link on her blog to Marvel, where you can sign up for the series at a great price, and they just get mailed to you as they come off the press.

message 16: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 88 comments I love the graphic novels. I have four of he hard cover and they are really good.

message 17: by Britt (new)

Britt (artemis_hunter22) | 10 comments i didnt like comics until i found out that Laurell was going to have her books as comics and i fell in love...and i love how they are hard cover... last forever

message 18: by Laura (new)

Laura Emmons (LauraEmmons) | 22 comments My son showed up with the first one of these and tossed it to me (HB). I read it and fell in love. He told me a week later he'd given it to me, LOL. He's kept me supplied till the engagement now I have to buy my own. :( (DIL's worth it though)
(He's the one that handeded my guilty pleasures years ago and said Mom I read this and thought of you) LOL

message 19: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 88 comments I have four of the HC and I love looking at the pictures. Jean Claude is perfect.

message 20: by Anna (new)

Anna (stregamari) I never thought of myself as a geek, but I went and got those plastic covers and boards, and have everything "preserved". My husband has been looking at me funny

message 21: by Britt (new)

Britt (artemis_hunter22) | 10 comments Marisella wrote: "I never thought of myself as a geek, but I went and got those plastic covers and boards, and have everything "preserved". My husband has been looking at me funny"

...lol..... does he like comics?? my fiancee` thought my late night runnings to the comic store or the book store was me actually cheating on him.... cause i usually dont do comics. so when i told him i had to go to the comic store to get laruells new comic, he didnt believe me..lol