Ladies who love Laurell discussion

Anita's Future (What is up with the Mother of All Darkness)

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:02PM) (new)

Stacy | 191 comments Mod
So this is a thread dedicated to Anita's future what do you supose is going to happen in the next few books? Will the Mother of all Darkness Kick Anita's butt or vice versa. Personally I don't even know where to start here so what do you all think?

message 2: by Jennifer (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:02PM) (new)

Jennifer Pearson | 14 comments I think that the two of them are going to start a grand battle of epic proportions, then Belle Morte is going to come storming in claiming that she will defeat them both. The two of them will call a temporary truce the kill the bitch and then they'll turn back to each other.

After a glorious battle that lasts long periods of time, the two of them, exhausted, will make an agreement: Marmee Noir will not come to America, and Anita won't set foot in Britain again.

They'll part ways amicably and Anita will go home to fight the next "big bad," also known as Olaf... Unless he gets caught in the cross-fire *smirk*.

((I know it's not feasible, or even reasonable, but I like to be a little positive. *rolls eyes*))

message 3: by Stacy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:02PM) (new)

Stacy | 191 comments Mod
Very true Belle Morte needs to be taken out. She is quite annoying. Funny towards the beging of the seriese Belle Morte was such a scary vampire lady but now compared to other things Anita has faced and how powerful Anita is It seems to me Anita could take her. Of course it would only be appropriate for Jean Claude Asher and all the others who Bella has ruined in her life to be able to join in the kicking ass of Bella so they are invited to.

message 4: by Jennifer (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:02PM) (new)

Jennifer Pearson | 14 comments Or Edward.... Locking Belle Morte in a room with Edward and his toys. Or telling Olaf that she's trying to kill his "soul mate." Either would produce entertaining results.

message 5: by Stacy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:02PM) (new)

Stacy | 191 comments Mod
Hmmm that makes me think what do you supose would scare Edward ooo ok new thread don't answer that Question here I',m gonna make a new thread.

message 6: by Jennifer (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:04PM) (new)

Jennifer Pearson | 14 comments My mom agrees that the most likely scenarios are: a) calling Edward for an army, or b) just telling Olaf that she's his type and trying to kill Anita.

I quite concur. And either would produce entertaining results. Ah...Just imagine the people Edward would call to help. Anita will just owe him a lot of favors...Like being best man at his wedding, babysitting the children, picking up Becca from ballet class... Ahh, the mental images of Anita and Edward, armed to the teeth, sitting a dance studio surrounded by little girls in pink tutus to pick up little Becca. Awe. Isn't it adorable?

message 7: by Stacy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:05PM) (new)

Stacy | 191 comments Mod
That would be fun indeed. I think that if or when it comes down to an all out crazy fight with Mommy dearest and Anita's group It would be important to have some crazy human super soldiers as part of her army. You gotta figure that Mommy controls the cats so the cats are out. Lord knows what the other vampires control that will be fighting on Mommies side so There is no gurantee that the Were animals fighting on Anita's side would be able to fight. The vampires would be able to fight but they are so wrapped up in vamp politics they wouldn't be able to react the way Edward an posse would be able to. Hence the need for Human Back up.

message 8: by Cat (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:06PM) (new)

Cat | 202 comments I think there's going to be a showdown with Bella Morte and the Mother of all Darkness where for whatever reason Mommie Dearest will have to inlist Anita/Jean Claude to help (because she's not fully awake yet or something) and this will cause a temporary truce, until of course she IS all the way awake and wants Anita for herself. Then Anita and Jean Claude find that they must complete all four marks, then they defeat Mommy Dearest and take over the vamps, and abolish the council. Okay maybe i'm dreaming, but it could happen right?

message 9: by Stacy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:12PM) (new)

Stacy | 191 comments Mod
It sounds completely possible. I think that Belle Morte totally needs to be taken out, and Mommy is totally not going to be happy with Belle's activities. I personally think that if Anita were to take on Belle even by herself with the current power she has she could take her. (although the fourth mark would be a really great safety net for ANita) Belle isn't even the scarriest person Anita has faced although she has always faced her from a distance so who knows. But Anita has a crap load of power. Hey wait this just came out of the blue. Do you think Mommy is a powerful Necromancer who was turned into a vampire and that's why she killed all those necromancers before, and why Anita intrigues her. hmmm who knows.

message 10: by Cat (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:13PM) (new)

Cat | 202 comments If mommy was a necromancer, then Anita's in trouble. That's pretty much her fall-back power against the vamps.
I think Anita could totally take on Belle, with her two triumverates of course...

oh damn.. gotta go!

message 11: by Cat (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:54PM) (new)

Cat | 202 comments to continue...
that would never happen, because Richard is an idiot.
... oh wouldn't it be nice....

message 12: by Cat (new)

Cat | 202 comments See! Even after the Harlequin, where Richard had his chance. He's still acting like an idiot!

I really hope that the whole council has thier showdown, before Mommie wakes all the way up.....

message 13: by Starr (new)

Starr | 59 comments Richard is an idiot and I think he dies trying to save Anita from the Mother, especially since the wolf has saved her before. When Richard dies that's when we find out that the Mother has some necromancy. I think it's different from Anita's type of power, but still strong. I think the mother is attracted to Anita because they have similar powers. I wouldn't be surprised if the triumvariate remains, but includes the mother.

message 14: by Cat (new)

Cat | 202 comments So i'm rereading the whole series (again...) waiting for Blood Noir, and i just got done reading Danse Macabre. This time around, knowing what to look for, i had some thoughts..what do you think??? Don't read this if you haven't read all the books yet, cuz there are spoilers....

So Anita is talking to someone (Samuel i think) about Mommie Dearest, and about how she is both a vamp and a lycanthrope. Someone suggests that the reason why she is so interested in Anita is because they hold a similar power. Now Anita has a hunger (the ardeur) that she must feed as a vamp, she has wolf, lion, leopard strains of lycanthropy active in her body, plus another as yet unidentified strain, PLUS the strain Dr. Lillian added for a blood transfusion, but didn't tell what it was... i was just thinking... what if Anita is going to have her people battle out Mommie to take over all the vamps? I think someone suggested it at some point in one of the last 3 books, that mommie may also have been, or is a necromancer. What do you think?

They're going to be in for a hellova fight if she's a necromancer. But it would make sense as to why it was on her orders all necromancers were killed on sight. That she's only interested in Anita because how much their powers and metaphysical beings have in common....

Okay i'm getting a little ahead of myself, i just got excited by the thought that i might actually have a new theory!!!

So what do you guys think???

message 15: by Cat (new)

Cat | 202 comments Oh!
And i just thought.. Mommie only holds feline lycanthropy. So if they are going to end up similar, Anita has a leg (tail?) up on the metaphysical train huh?

message 16: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 191 comments Mod
yep cat I totally agree. I have been thinking that Mommie might be a Necromancer for a while now. It just makes sense. The problem when it comes down to a fight between the anita group and Mommie is that Anita has some conection to the cats, and mommie can control the cats. I don't know if the leopards can be with Anita when it comes to a big fight. She is going to need to rely on the wolves and Hyenas big time. She can't rely on the Lions either right they are kitties. (oh by the way I totally like haven or whatever his name is the cookie monster guy he is going to be alot of fun) Either Anita is going to have to learn how to shield her people from mommie or shes going to have to rely on some other weres when mommie comes around.

message 17: by Cat (new)

Cat | 202 comments So her arsenal is going to consist of the wolves (if Richard can get his shit together) the hyenas (if Asher can really control then because i don'tthink Narcissus is really helpful) and the rats! Remember how Raphael felt about securing his power, and how he thought that because the Hyenas were Ashers animal to call, that they'd have a closer connection to the vamps.

They're in for it if mommie is a necromancer, but at the same time, she's been asleep for so long, she must not have a human servant, or animal to call (also wanting Anita for herself) so she really is herself against all our guys (not that i feel like she needs any help, she's damn scary)

But also remember that Belle Morte thought that waking up Mommies "animals" was her doing until she realized that Mommie was waking up. Do you think that Belle Morte will try to make a deal with JC and company to enlist the help of herself (or even the council) in coming up against Mommie?

message 18: by Cat (last edited Apr 30, 2008 02:36PM) (new)

Cat | 202 comments Oh and i raelly like Haven too!! He's a little pushy, but i like that Anita will have a man that wants to do what it takes to be with her, but at the same time, won't be pushed around. Maybe Richard will learn a thing or two from Haven.... And Joseph is going to get it, really. We haven't even met his wife and i don't like her.

message 19: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 191 comments Mod
Josephs totally in trouble. The Harlequin never really said if Joseph was dead or not right. Hmm I wonder if Anita is going to have regrets latter. Here is another factor on Anita's side. The fourth mark. they can still do it. Personally I say hey why not. If Damien is Anita's vampire servant she has his life span right so why not do the fourth mark. I say it's about time. Anita runs into so much trouble with master vampires trying to claim her as their own why not seal the deal with Jean Claude. It will up everyones power and Anita will be safer from Mommie.

message 20: by Cat (last edited May 06, 2008 11:26AM) (new)

Cat | 202 comments At the end of the harlequin it said that Joseph and his wife skipped town (what about his brother??) and that Haven was going to take over the local pack. So i wonder, is this the last of Joseph, or are we going to see him again??

I never thought of Anita having Damian's life span. That's interesting to think about. I can see why she would, but don't you think Anita as the "master" of that triumverate that he would gain some mortality from her?? I'm not sure, i guess the only way to find out would be to wait a few years til she's 30 and see if she hasn't aged at all. Other than that, how would she know her lifespan had changed?

I think that though they really need the fourth mark as a power booster, that some vamps would just feel like likking them without the fight. Maybe the fourth mark will make it so Mommie is unable to posess Anita how she did in the end of the Harlequin.

Damn....20days cannot go by fast enough...

message 21: by Starr (new)

Starr | 59 comments It's all getting too tricky. Wolf strand trumps Mommy's kitty strand, but Anita is two, possibly three strands (lepord, lion, mystery DNA of panter for all we know) of kitty herself and forms two separate triumvariates that are basically polar opposites if you think about it. Yet she is the key or connection. If Mommy is a necromancer, which I think she is, Mommy and Anita will be fighting for complete control of St. Louis, pard control and possibly wolf control??? Does Mommy want that? No. She wants Anita, but by getting Anita she gains this control naturally.

Maybe the mystery DNA Anita received is the key. Could it be rat? Lilth is a rat and if you remember the Rat king did get a little thing for Anita (if I remember correctly). Could the rats be some sort of saving grace? Anita started out saving the rats from the freaky child vamp that held Jean Claude down, so is it coming full circle? What secrets do the rats have? It would be some sort of weird, ironic thing for the rats to trump the cats and the dogs! :)

message 22: by Starr (new)

Starr | 59 comments Oh....just thought....Who do you guys think has the most to gain or lose if this deal with Mommie goes bad?

Also, I'm wondering if we see Richard find a new lupa right before Anita faces Mommie...sort of a "kiss my ass" gesture to Anita for writting him off. How would that change the triumvariate, if at all? They have to get along for it all to work. DOES JASON STEP UP TO TAKE RICHARD'S PLACE!!!????!! Is that why we are seeing more of him in Blood Noir! OH THAT WOULD BE SO WONDERFUL TO BE RID OF RICHARD. I so love Jason. Maybe mommy breaks the triumvariate just enough to rebind Anita and JC to Jason!!! I don't know how, but I am all for it!