Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5) Twenty Wishes discussion

A good book to read

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Michelle It is about four women who are widow and the wishes that they each have to do. Check it out

Jackie I just finished this book. I loved it. However, I love most of Debbie Macomber's books. I hope we will see some of the people in another book to come.

Great summer reading. Easy and flowing.

Suzi I loved it. I love most of her books that I've read so far.

message 4: by Joy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joy Another most enjoyable Debbie Macomber book. A bit predictable but I love the happy endings. I fell in love with the little girl Ellen. I could picture her vividly from Ms. Macomber's description of her. The way she neatly ties up the loose ends is very satisfying. I look forward to the next Blossom Street book next year.

Melissa I just ran across this post today..have you seen the following book called The Knitting Diaries The Twenty-First Wish\Coming Unraveled\Home to Summer Island by Debbie Macomber ~ this is the follow up to Twenty Wishes. There are 3 books in this one book, and one of them is called The Twenty-First Wish.

Melissa Patricia wrote: "Melissa wrote: "I just ran across this post today..have you seen the following book called The Knitting Diaries The Twenty-First Wish\Coming Unraveled\Home to Summer Island by Debbie Macomber ~ ..."

Im currently reading the second story in this book.. which story did you like the best?

Melissa Patricia wrote: "I really liked them all. I thought they were all very good....."

=) Do you have another Debbie Macomber book that you are (reading) or..going to read soon?
I received Orchard Valley Grooms Valerie\Stephanie by Debbie Macomber in the mail today from a paperbackswap request. Have you read this book yet?

Melissa Patricia wrote: "Yes, I read that book. I have read all of Debbie Macomber's books... Her next book comes out in August.
August 30th.
I cannot wait for it to come out. I love all of her books. They are all fantast..."

Thanks Patricia.

Have you ever met Debbie Macomber? I met her in May 2010, and she autographed two books for me.
( one of them I gave to my cousin,..who had just lost her Mom )
Debbie Macomber is so very friendly, and nice to everyone!

Melody Patricia wrote: "Yes, I read that book. I have read all of Debbie Macomber's books... Her next book comes out in August.
August 30th.
I cannot wait for it to come out. I love all of her books. They are all fantast..."
Hey Patricia,I was wondering if you knoew what the new Debbie MaComber is going to be called, I'm reading the Blossom Street series now which I've enjoyed, becoming a big fan of hers

Melody Patricia: Thanks :) I have only read 3 books, in the Blossom Street series, I need to get Back on Blossom Street lol, I do enjoy her books alot!

Kathy Itson This was a great book. I am trying to read all of Debbie's books.

And then I might reread them all.

message 12: by Melissa (last edited Jun 25, 2011 08:15AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Melissa I agree with what you said Patricia. =)
When I was at the book signing last year..I was having a hard time "standing" in line for very long..( because of the arthritis in my knees,)...when Debbie Macombers helpers saw me - they told me that I was to move "up" in the line, I said no, I dont feel right about that, and the girls said Debbie told them..that if anyone cant stand in line very good - they were to move up in the line, and everyone was very nice about it. =)
Debbie M had a nice chat with everyone in the line!

Kathy ~ Debbie has alot of books! Are you reading even the older Harlequin ones?

Melody I wish you could buy Debbie's book in book sets, especially her series, then when you got done with one, you wouldn't have to wait to go back to the library or bookstore to get the next one. :)

Melissa Melody wrote: "I wish you could buy Debbie's book in book sets, especially her series, then when you got done with one, you wouldn't have to wait to go back to the library or bookstore to get the next one. :)"

Does your library have the entire set of series in some of Debbies books? maybe you could call them, and check..and they would hold them for you. =)
Have you tried paperbackswap? Once you start trading on there..and have some credits -then you could get several at a time - of the series that you want to read..just ideas..

Melody Melissa: Thanks for the suggestions :-)

Jackie Paperbackswap is a great site. I have picked a lot of Debbie's older books there.

And as Melissa said check with your local library. You can also find them on cd's which is great for road trips.

I have found another good author, much like Debbie Macomber. Her name is Sherrly Woods. Great series, however, I have found you need to start at the beginning of her seriers with the first book. With Macomber's books, I have found you can start a few books into a series and you are pretty safe. But with Woods, I would not go it. I have read four in her Chesapeake Shore series and working towards the next three. If you read them, there is a "Christmas" book, which you would think tyou need to read it around Christmas. However, the setting is during the holiday, but you can read it anytime of the year.

Melody Jackie:
Thanks for the suggestion as well, I'll keep Sherryl Woods in mind. I have seen her books around at bookstores and etc..And I've seen her name on numerous users favorite authors list here on goodreads. I am always open to trying new authors, as long as it's nothing to way out there :)Have a great day ladies!

Melissa I have read a couple of Sherryl Woods books, and really enjoyed them!
I agree with Jackie, she writes very similar to Debbie Macomber. =)

I just started A Virgin River Christmas
by Robyn Carr..this is the 4th in her Virgin River series. She writes "similar" to Debbie Macomber also.

Melissa Jackie wrote: "Paperbackswap is a great site. I have picked a lot of Debbie's older books there.

And as Melissa said check with your local library. You can also find them on cd's which is great for road trip..."

Ive been meaning to look for some books on CD. I think they would be fun to listen to on my computer..while Im working on the computer..( or chatting with friends on goodreads.. )

Melody Good Evening ladies!

For those of you who have IPhones or I guess they're also called Smart Phones ( according to my nephew) wasn't sure if you were aware of a Debbie MaComber app that you can install from Itunes. It's really cool, there's news, and a Fan wall and it list all her books. Just thought I would spread the word :)

Melissa Melody wrote: "Good Evening ladies!

For those of you who have IPhones or I guess they're also called Smart Phones ( according to my nephew) wasn't sure if you were aware of a Debbie MaComber app that you can i..."

Thanks for the info on the Debbie Macomber app, that sounds very interesting!

Ive also found out that if you are a friend of a
Author ( here on goodreads ).. =)
you get emails ( usually on Sundays ) from any blog postings that the author has posted.
I get the email newsletter with postings from
Debbie Macomber, The Pioneer Woman ( her first name is Bree? )..and a couple of cozy authors, and a couple of Love Inspired authors..
( all of these blog postings are in one email )

message 22: by Cyn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cyn This was the very first book I read from this author. I loved it!!! Very light reading and great storylines. I like to read this type of book in between some of the heavier reading I do.

Melissa Cyn wrote: "This was the very first book I read from this author. I loved it!!! Very light reading and great storylines. I like to read this type of book in between some of the heavier reading I do."

Cyn, I enjoyed Twenty Wishes also. =)
you can find the conclusion to this story in the following book -
The Knitting Diaries: The Twenty-First Wish\Coming Unraveled\Home to Summer Island

Debbie Macomber also has some wonderful series!
Including the Blossom Street series and the Cedar Cove series. =)

Melody Cyn wrote: "This was the very first book I read from this author. I loved it!!! Very light reading and great storylines. I like to read this type of book in between some of the heavier reading I do." I'm glad you're enjoying Twenty Wishes, I am also reading it as well and liking it so far as I do mostly all Debbie MaComber books, she's become one of my favorite authors :)

message 25: by Cyn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cyn Melody:
Thank you I did not know there was a follow up to that book :). I have read all of the cedar cove series and loved each one!! thank again!

Melody Cyn wrote: "Melody:
Thank you I did not know there was a follow up to that book :). I have read all of the cedar cove series and loved each one!! thank again!"
You're welcome Cy, but Melissa was the one that told you about

The Knitting Diaries The Twenty-First Wish\Coming Unraveled\Home to Summer Island by Debbie Macomber not me, i just mentioned that I was also reading Twenty Wishes and that I was enjoying it so far as well.

Melissa Melody wrote: "Cyn wrote: "Melody:
Thank you I did not know there was a follow up to that book :). I have read all of the cedar cove series and loved each one!! thank again!" You're welcome Cy, but Melissa was ..."

=) just glad to help!
I love...Debbie Macombers books!

Jackie Cyn wrote: "This was the very first book I read from this author. I loved it!!! Very light reading and great storylines. I like to read this type of book in between some of the heavier reading I do." Glad you enjoyed the book. I love her style of reading. The Cedar Cove Series is just about to come to a end. Sad to see all these wonderful people go.....however, I am sure Debbie will come up with another group to hook me into.

I have found that Sherryl Woods who has some of the style as Macomber. However, as with Debbie you need to start from the first book in the series.

Hope this help

Melissa Jenelle wrote: "Hi: D
I invite ALL of You who love Debbie Macomber books to join us at Goodreads "Recreational Readers" Group...you can check in at this link....

http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/3......"

Thanks Jenelle! =)

message 30: by Lana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lana After reading Twenty Wishes, my 2 girlfriends and I started our own 20 Wishes lists. It was interesting to see how many wishes we had in common! Once a month we get together and discuss our progress towards fulfilling our wishes. We've also enjoyed a "20 Wishes Day" together where we did something on our lists.

Just joined the "Recreational Readers" group...thanks for sharing the link.

- Lana