Movies We've Just Watched discussion

The Feast of Love

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 362 comments Any one see it yet besides me?

message 2: by Holli (new)

Holli I watched this movie on a whim and I LOVED it. I had no idea it was a book and now I want to read it and see if I feel the same about the book. The characters in the movie were so real to me.....I thought it was great. Did you like it Meg?

message 3: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 362 comments I rented this movie from netflix after I read a review on it. I liked the movie. I really liked the role that Morgan Freeman played and all the characters that he observed. They ran the gamut. Who was your favorite character? If
you do read the book can you let me know if it was a good read?

message 4: by George (new)

George | 951 comments I thought it was quite enjoyable. The poisoned house thing was interesting. Hard not to like Morgan's role. I'd have to say I liked the young woman most in the film. If someone had taken the real estate lady out and drowned her though, I wouldn't have minded at all.

message 5: by Holli (new)

Holli Meg---I will defintely let you know what I think of the book. Did you see the movie Evening? I saw it and loved it not knowing it was a book and now I'm eager to read that too. I think my fave characters were the younger kids who got together.....i enjoyed their story the most!! mainly becuse I always wished that would happen to me....see each other in a store somewhere and meet.......perfect......LOL

message 6: by Meg (last edited May 01, 2008 07:27AM) (new)

Meg (megvt) | 362 comments George: I think that I liked Morgan's role the most because he was the one that tied the movie and characters together. I loved the characters and how different they all were. The young woman was great. This is definitely a sleeper that is recommended.

Holli: I did not see Evening, should I?

message 7: by George (new)

George | 951 comments Meg,

It definitely deserved more publicitiy than it got. Morgan was very good in his role, no doubt, but when isn't he? No matter whether the movie around him is great or not, he personally always delivers.

message 8: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 362 comments You are right, I do think I pick movies with him in it. A lot of times I get the feeling that he is not acting, that he just is a genuinely nice person and his roles are his real life character.

message 9: by George (new)

George | 951 comments Well, if he isn't, he is an especially good actor.

message 10: by Holli (new)

Holli I really loved Evening..........it was a wonderful movie.......I'm saying see it =) Let me know what you think ok?

message 11: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 362 comments Will do. I will put it on my netflix queue