Books I Loathed discussion

The Loathing Mascot

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christen (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:02PM) (new)

Christen | 61 comments Does anyone else love our unofficial Books I Loathed thread mascot? That clip art of "angry" is just so hilarious and absolutely puts me in the frame of mind to remember when I looked like that after reading a book. Excellent selection!

message 2: by Alex (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:02PM) (new)

Alex (alexinmadison) | 64 comments Agreed. Well chosen, Kate. :)

message 3: by Xysea (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:02PM) (new)

Xysea  (xysea) lol I like it, too. It actually sums the whole thing up, for me. :)

message 4: by Khover (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:02PM) (new)

Khover | 5 comments It seems she should have "Grrr" written above her head instead of "Angry." Otherwise, it's pretty accurate. I usually am furious at a book that turns out to be drivel. The book generally ends up experiencing the miracle of flight and I get to hear the satisfying "thunk" of it hitting the wall...too bad the authors can't feel it.

Other options should we get bored:

A short animation of a book hitting a wall

Or a picture of the infamous Mr. Yuck you may (or may not) remember from kindergarten.

message 5: by Christen (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:02PM) (new)

Christen | 61 comments Oh please don't change her! I would miss her so much! She always gives me a chuckle when I see her...and I love that it says "Angry" over her head. It's the perfect sentiment. I only wish it had an exclamation point after it. :D

message 6: by Kim (new)

Kim (MrsNesbitt) | 34 comments I for one joined this group based on the pic. I look like that frequently when I have a book that I am relived to take back to the library or to the used book store.

Please keep her!

I remember Mr.Yuck, he warned us against poison...maybe bad books should have one those stickers, like Parental Advisory stickers...just a thought.