Animal Alley Book Club discussion

Any freaky stories having to do with animals?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 64 (64 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Katie (last edited Apr 27, 2008 08:16AM) (new)

Katie  | 230 comments My friend had invited me with her and her family for a camping trip. We slept in the camper and had just fallen asleep for a fifteen minute rest. When I opened my eyes from the rest, I saw a gigantic wolf spider crawling above my friend. I yelled loudly, and when my friend awoke from the squeel of mine, we screamed at the top of our lungs as we flooded the camper. Every since that moment and/or experience, I have never liked Wolf Spiders.

message 2: by Kayla (new)

Kayla I have to think on this hmmmmmm.......................................

message 3: by Kayla (new)

Kayla HMMMMMMMMMM.........................

Still thinking.....

message 4: by Katie (last edited Apr 30, 2008 03:44PM) (new)

Katie  | 230 comments My friends and I were swimming in the beach, when I see this person come running down the coastline shouting, "Stingray, Don't move!" My friends and I were panicking, so one of my friends swam back on shore from the water; no more than 5 feet from sand. The others, including my friend and I, were still left out in the water. My friend standing beside me, starts to scream, and I look down into the water. I see this big black shadow swim about 6 inches from my leg. I totally go into a freaking out stage and start histerically screaming! That feeling of something about to sting you, is unbelievably devastating!

message 5: by Katie (last edited Apr 30, 2008 03:49PM) (new)

Katie  | 230 comments This is more funny than it is freaky!

I was in Sea World petting and feeding a dolphin. I was having a great time, when I see this boy beside me put the treat that he was feeding the dolphin way up high. I saw the dolphin jump for it, and I thought it was amazing. I tried the same thing, only with a different dolphin. I put the treat up high. As the dolphin jumped to eat the food, it's fin hit me in the nose. Not only did my nose hurt, but let's just say that a dolphin's armpit doesn't smell all to great either!

message 6: by Kayla (last edited May 02, 2008 06:30AM) (new)

Kayla Well this one is kind of sad.

We were at Sea World walking around the River Walk and we see a dove sitting on her eggs.(this wont give to the story till later)

We kept walking and hear a little "Peep Peep Peep" noise. We look down and it was a little baby duck. We looked around a could not find its mother. So we picked it up and walked around trying to find a girl duck to take care of it.

Then we found the dove some body had stepped on the dove on purpose and killed it .

So right then my mom says, "We're taking this duck home."

We took it home and put it with our other baby ducks and when it grew up we put it on our pond where it still lives today

message 7: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 230 comments That is so SAD! The person who stepped on the dove is EVIL! Hater, that's what they are!

message 8: by Marit ^_^ (new)

Marit ^_^  | 11 comments this isn't really a freaky story but one time my dad found a bat drowning in the water, and found a hanger on the ground, and handed the hanger to the bat so he could hold on, and he saved the poor bat!

message 9: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 230 comments When I was little, I went to a forest for a walk. I found this cute little fawn and mother in the resting ground. They were eating berries form the push near a large willow tree. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen, and then that's when I realized that I should help them more! When I am older I am going to rescue all sorts of animals.

message 10: by Marit ^_^ (new)

Marit ^_^  | 11 comments cool beans

message 11: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 230 comments When I was at my cousin's farm, I was wandering w/ my them. We had walked back to their fort in the woods, when we saw a cow. It looked to be very confused, and so we pet it and made it feel secure. We walked it back to it's farm area and we felt proud that we had helped the poor cow back home!

we r saviors Marit!

message 12: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn We had a skunk that would, occasionally, get caught in our humane trap that we used to catch animals like coyotes that were killing our animals.

At first, when we approached her in the trap to release her, she would spray. So we covered ourselves in a plastic sheet and let her out.

After the second or third time, she no longer sprayed and we could walk up to the cage, open the door and she seemed to say, "Thank you" and scurry off.

message 13: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 230 comments amazing!

message 14: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 230 comments nice people change the world.

message 15: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 230 comments I heard about a girl who woke up one morning with a bump on her cheek. She went to s doctor's office, and they didn't know what it was. She saw it get bigger ever day, and finally about a week later, it popped. Out came little baby spiders that had crawled everywhere on her face!

If you were this person, would you be freaked out?

message 16: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Creepy!!!

message 17: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn Totally gross! What about the worm that gets absorbed into the human body and can only be taken out an inch at at time--for months?

Does anyone know the name of that worm. I think it is picked up in the Amazon...can't think of it's name.

Thinking....

message 18: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 230 comments I've heard of that, but don't know the name either! Freaky. Talk about some grossed out things! Have you heard of this one kind of greenish bug? It bites you and can stay biting on your skin for atleast two days!

message 19: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Was it a tape worm?

message 20: by Kayla (new)

Kayla I have not heard of a green bug but ticks can stay on you for long time.
some can even form a shell so you can not pull them off.

message 21: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 230 comments Ew! That is so gross! I'm sorry if u do, but I can't stand things that bite you! Gross that ticks do that!

message 22: by Kayla (new)

Kayla We do not have a lot of ticks around are place.
But, we have small white birds called egrits they hang out around the cows. Every won calls them tick birds. So we must have ticks. they are really gross little things.

message 23: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 230 comments I know! EW! :O

message 24: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Hey we have a Canadien goose that flu by are pound. Now it is staying hear.
We do not know how long ,but it is really pretty.
8-)

message 25: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 230 comments Wow, that's pretty sweet! Hope I could see something like that! I was in a car, and I saw a dove flying above me. It was so beautiful!

message 26: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Well..........it is gone know. :-(
Ya Doves are really beautiful.

message 27: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 230 comments I know! What's ur fav. kind of bird?

message 28: by Kayla (new)

Kayla I like geese, Because they are very smart.
the babies will follow me around. 8-)

message 29: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 230 comments CUTE! it's kinda like the movie "Fly away Home." NICE!

message 30: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 230 comments Have you seen that movie? It's about a girl that has geese follow her everywhere. It is truly heartwarming and so fun to watch. I want to get that movie, but recently I have been into 27 dresses and/or Horton Hears a Who! Hilarious!

message 31: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 230 comments i also like the movies, august rush, juno, definetly maybe, and p.s. i love you! sounds great! I want them 4 my birthday!

message 32: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 230 comments r u in school?

message 33: by Crystal Marie (new)

Crystal Marie (skrutzbug) The tape worm eats it's way to your intestine's and stays there until it dies off or it has to be surgically removed. Gross HUh??? That's what public school does to ya.LOL

message 34: by Kayla (new)

Kayla No I have not seen that movie.
But, I have seen 27 Dresses and Horton.......
Is r u in school a movie or a question?

message 35: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Ya the only way to kill it after the surg. is to cut of its head.
Has any body heard of the water bear?

message 36: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 230 comments no i haven't heard of the water bear? but i no that polar bears swim in the water. :P that's gross about tape worm. funny joke about school. did u like the movies Mattie?

message 37: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Ya they were good.

message 38: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 17 comments Mod
Tape worm. One time my friends dog was trying to poop out a tape worm so we had to grab it and pull it out its butt! it was nasty and it was around 6 feet long!

message 39: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 230 comments GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Who r u talking about? ok, nikki that was terribly disterbing!!!!!!!!! Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Okay, yeah, kinda gross!

message 40: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 17 comments Mod
a friend from up north, you don't know them.

message 41: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 230 comments Still, that is GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 42: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 230 comments Seriously, this time, i think it's u that needs new friends. not me anymore! JK! HeHeHeHaHaHa!

message 43: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 230 comments When I was on the coast, I saw these abandoned shellfish among the shoreline. My friend, sister, her sister, and I made forts for them out of rocks and pebbles from the coast among the hills and small mountains. We all had a fun time. We also tried to catch minnows with our bare hands to feed to them. There's a bunch, but they're so hard to catch. Humm, wonder why? We actually caught around 7 of them. Fun, Fun, Fun!

Have you ever made a fort for any animal?

message 44: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Yes I have made houses for frog.

message 45: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 230 comments i remember i made a fort out of our window sill for a toad, that lived in there.

message 46: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 230 comments i just recently saw a toad that lived in there.

message 47: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Cool

message 48: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 230 comments yeah and i just saw another one. idk if we r supposed to do this, but i take them out so they can roam more of the earth.

message 49: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 230 comments it's fun to me.

message 50: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 230 comments do u get toads where u live? where do u live mattie?

« previous 1