Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2) Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets discussion

i hate this book

Comments (showing 1-50 of 379) (379 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by Clphelps (new)

Clphelps this book sucks

message 2: by Sarah (last edited Mar 31, 2011 05:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sarah .....any....reason???

The second movie is probably the HP movie I like the least, it just gets a little dull. The book was better.

I found the brotherhood (I AM AN ASSASSIN) I must admit, the book was a little dull, but you can not simply put, "this book sucks" what is your reason?

The movie was a bit dull as well, but i like the idea of a non-main character (ginny weasly) being used for voldermort for some reason. I wish the books would center around other characters, even if it is for harry potter.

Alyssa i loved all the hp books but the worst movie would have to be hp4 they left so much out. but i dont see why u wouldhate it

Fadhilah Fitri yea, what's so wrong about it?

Everley Sharp, the Clankinist NO HP BASHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is, unless you want me to come to your go use and use avada kadavra on YOU.

Kate Everley the Beautiful Chaotic One wrote: "NO HP BASHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is, unless you want me to come to your go use and use avada kadavra on YOU."

ha, nice.

Kate How dare you. You can't just state 'this book sucks' without giving a legitimate reason. Frankly I thought it was extremely compelling how they introduce Voldemort from a new angle and give us a forcoming of horcruxes.

The movie I hated the most was Harry Potter 5 because they left out so much from the Department of Mysteries. They also didn't include Reeta Skiter, which meant that her part wouldn't be coming in the next book either. They also changed a good majority of the fighting.

Sahar i really do agree with kate.....harry potter 5 movie wasn't good......6 movie and book both were amazing

Cassandra Lê book 2 wasn't really suck, it was quite good.

message 11: by Paula (last edited Apr 02, 2011 01:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Paula It's ok to think a book sucks, even though most people don't. I know a lot of people who couldn't get into the Potter books. I liked them all, some more than others. There was a broom ride across London (I think it was London) that had me screaming 'How many pages does it take to get across London!' I think that was in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Other than that, I don't believe that I screamed at any of the other books. Great series.

Jebbyjr I think that while the second movie was probably the most dull, it included the most from the book. This doesn't mean that the book is dull however. My favorite book of the series was definitly the 6th book, but I really hated the movie. It focused way too much on romance, and not on the plot. THe 5th movie was ok... I don't like it when they leave out stuff!!!

Clphelps, you have every right to say that you don't like a book. However, give a reason instead of just posting it.

message 13: by Rina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rina No kidding...all the books were great. And pretty much the only movie I really disliked was the 5th one.

Atarah Poling I actually enjoyed this book and I honestly hope you do have a good reason behind disliking it so much you have to use a rather dull word like sucks to describe it. I respect everyone's opinions so it's fine you didn't like it but as I said... I really do hope you have a good reason behind your opinion.

Logan this book was great

Emily i like these books they were pretty good!

Janeen-san I LOVE all the books and movies, the only movies I don't like are 4 and 6. 4 was too dark and 6 was backwards!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I LOVEE THEMM SOO MUCH!!
>=[
This post does not float my boat.

Kendall Anne The movies are great, but the books are way better.

Melanie this book is my least favourite out of all the books
but it in no way sucks to me!
and i think the movie to this book was good, the movies started going down hill when the awesome dumbledore died and we got the crappy replacement (he is a great actor he just isnt dumbledore!)

Winter Rose Phantom I loved all of them, there should be NO reason that this book sucked. Its rude to the author to say that first of all and you should Consider other's feelings about it.

Sahar Anime_Mermaid_Luchia wrote: "I loved all of them, there should be NO reason that this book sucked. Its rude to the author to say that first of all and you should Consider other's feelings about it."

i agree....

Manybooks Clphelps wrote: "this book sucks"

Writing "this book sucks" is not a discussion. If you did not like the book, list and explain why (and do it in a respectful manner, please).

Mary JL You are certainly entitled not to like any book. But if you want a discussion, we need to know WHAt you did not like. the plot? The writing style? The ending?

I enjoyed the book myself. Remember, the books start out simply and become more advanced. the first two books are aimed deliberated at younger readers. Only in book 4 does the story start to really dark and more somber.

Alice (; Gundula wrote: "Writing "this book sucks" is not a discussion. If you did not like the book, list and explain why (and do it in a respectful manner, please)."

I 100% agree

Janeen-san So do I! Hear, hear!

Winter Rose Phantom My Same exact thoughts.

Hylian Princess Clphelps wrote: "this book sucks"

I shun you!

message 29: by GSGS (new) - added it

GSGS Umm... Do you mind explaining WHY you hate this book? I respect your opinion but only if you actually have a reason behind your opinion.

Sahar exactly...tell us a reason....so we can justify it and help u think that it does not suck!....ur just providing new readers a bad view of harry potter....(actually readers this book is awesome...)

message 31: by Jb (last edited Apr 03, 2011 06:48AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jb I wouldn't say I hate it, I'd say it was the worst harry potter book ever.I didn't like the format it was written in.I'm not trying to be rude it's just the truth. Though I'd say it sucks compared to the other harry potter books.

Sahar it was ummm like...ok.....but i think harry potter 5 was the worst...

Jebbyjr I didn't really like the 4th book... the 5th was extremely sad, and really dark, but it wasn't my least favorite.....

Winter Rose Phantom I liked all of them. But I am a SERIOUS Bookworm. I could go through one book of the HP series in a max of 4 hours strait

Hylian Princess The user who started this topic hasn't even come back!

Winter Rose Phantom I Know! That's Rude in itself.

Manybooks Hylian Princess wrote: "The user who started this topic hasn't even come back!"

He/she is probably scared of us, ha, ha, ha. But seriously, while I like all of the HP novels, this is one that is not my favourite. First of all, I really do not like snakes, so the idea of a huge basilisk was/is kind of creepy. But also, the whole situation with Ginny being the one who was being controlled by Tom Riddle (Voldemort) was a bit far-fetched and not all that well explained.

☞Sierra☜ Bookworm☺️♪ Is the person who started this ok? you cannot simply say 'this book sucks', and expect people to agree with you on that. this one was not my favorite, but it was still great, like all the others in the series.

Manybooks Proud wrote: "Is the person who started this ok? you cannot simply say 'this book sucks', and expect people to agree with you on that. this one was not my favorite, but it was still great, like all the others in..."

Especially since he/she did not even post the reasons why he/she did not like the book. We've made this into a discussion, but simply saying that a books "sucks" is not a discussion, and is quite rude and dismissive towards those who enjoy (enjoyed) the book.

Janeen-san That's exactly what I was just thinking!

message 42: by - (new) - rated it 5 stars

- Or he is mentally insane

Hylian Princess Or hasn't been online in fifty years.

Okay, that's an exaggeration, but you get the point.

Fadhilah Fitri I get the point

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree with all of u except for clphelps comment and I don't really lke the I don't really like the 4th or 5th movie/book cuz the 4th movie has the werewolf in it and it creeps me out. And in the 5th movie i don't like the part with the snake and old man. But the books were great!

David jones Mary JL wrote: "You are certainly entitled not to like any book. But if you want a discussion, we need to know WHAt you did not like. the plot? The writing style? The ending?

I enjoyed the book myself. Reme..."

I agree. I think the better harry potter books are 4-7 when Voldemort gets back into power.

David jones I liked the second book. It wasn't as good as most of them but in truth I think the third one is the worst. The second book is awesome, but the third book I don't like the format and I don't like the fact that it doesn't have Voldemort in it. (don't ask me why I'm not sure).

Caitlin Pierson No. Just, no. Harry Potter is amazing in every way. You cannot say that about the awesomeness the is Harry Potter World.

Fadhilah Fitri Who r you talking to, Caitlin?

message 50: by Manybooks (last edited Apr 05, 2011 05:46AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Manybooks Ha, ha, I just realised that the original post, that the second HP book "sucked" was made in January 2010, more than a year ago. So the original poster might not even be on GR anymore.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is definitely not my favourite HP book, but I still think it was/is very good. I know that there are people who do not enjoy HP and if they can explain in a reasonable manner why they do not like the series, I can certainly accept and understand that. But I have very little patience with individuals who simply claim that HP (or any book) supposedly "sucks" (with no explanations why and how), just like I don't have patience with those individuals who claim that the HP series is "evil"

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (other topics)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (other topics)