Twilight (The Twilight Saga, #1) Twilight discussion

Twilight Movie

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (last edited Apr 25, 2008 04:27PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ashley I think that they've done a POOR job in picking out the charactors! Laurent is SUPPOSED to be a vampire but yet he's, not to sound mean, darker when vampires are supposed to be white, clear, PALE! You know!

Emma  Blue Alice is the only one that looks right. Bella doesn't look right at all, Edward is decent, I was expecting more striking though.

message 3: by Noel (new)

Noel yeah I agree!! They suck @ picking charecters!!

Emma  Blue it should't me low budget, since the book is so popular.

Clare D' Lune I HATED the eragon movie!!!!!!!!! They ruined EVERYTHING!!! They also made Saphire look kinda stupid....

Onecutecougar I think the characters are awesome! still you cant tell until you see them act. when you as obsesed as i am the characters really grow on you. Its hard to cast good actors who are as beautiful as they described in the book.

message 7: by Jade (new)

Jade This is a high-budget movie, guys. Kristen Stewart said so herself. And the actors are great, I'm very happy with the cast, except.. Jasper, played by Jackson Rathbone. He creeps me out.

Amanda I think the guy who plays Edward is okay. Bella looks different then I expected her. Rosalie looks exactly as I pictured her though.

Emma  Blue Carlise looks weird, Esme doesn't look right at all ( though I do love the Eva from Grey's Anatomy, so she could pull this off) everyone else is kinda just off. Alice doesn't look how I pictured her, but she still has that funky edge to her, so i like it.

message 10: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Wow i didnt know they made a Twighlight movie... it is one of my favorite books... where can i watch it?

Laura Comes out in December - be ready for it :-)
Alice looks EXACTLY as I had pictured her. Jasper's pretty close. Everyone else is not exactly as I thought, but then who COULD be :-)

Jerrica Bella is pretty much as I pictured her, Edward is a little better but he looks more tired than beautiful...did you SEE who they picked for Jacob?!!! The guy who played Sharkboy in "Sharkboy and Lavagirl"!! I would have liked it better if they picked people actually from Forks or did auditions with regular people.

Alice is pretty good, I pictured her with blonde hair and a little smaller, but it's close enough.
Carlisle is perfect.
Jasper is different than I expected, but in a good way.
I'm not really favorable towards the actress who plays Bella, but she looks like I pictured Bella almost so I guess she's good enough.
Emmett, no no no. He looks FAT. He's supposed to be MUSCULAR.

Leslie Isn't Emmett supposed to have curly hair....that's why Rosalie liked him and had Carlisle 'save' him?

Onecutecougar There is a teaser trailer on twilightthemovie.com it is amazing im so excited for the movie

Emma  Blue Okay, I saw the trailer and I have a little more faith that it will be good. And I have a gut feeling that it will be better than then the book! Bella is growing on me, and fast, Edward is starting to grow on me as well, but a lot slower. I still love Alice, her funky edge rocks! And why the hell did they choose the guy who did Sharkboy and Lava Girl for Jacob? HE'S NOT EVEN NATIVE AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And a awful actor.

Onecutecougar Thats what i thought too so thats a little disappointing because he is so much hotter with more hair but he still has the hottest body ever!

Onecutecougar I really like taylor lautner(jacob) he is way hott and he is a good age and great smile! he looks young but that is how he is described at first so hopefully he can somehow have major growth spirts@#D@!%

Onecutecougar have you seen laurent? i dont get it thats not how i pictured him one bit!

Onecutecougar Taylor lautner is how i pictured jake but i havent seen him act and he really bugs me in the interviews he seems really immature. i have faith in the movie and i think it willbe good. hopefully

message 20: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby overall i hate the cast with a few exceptions; Rosalie i think is awsome, the guy for Emmett could be better (his hair) but then that was explained to me and hes starting to grow on me, Bella i can deal with, Alice is pretty good, Esme & Carlisle are pretty awsome too. But as for the more major characters like jacob and edward no i think there are ppl way better suited for those roles then who they casted.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

here's my veiw of the cast,
Bella: good
Edward: bad, his face is just a little off from what i pictured
Carlisle: bad, i pictured him way different
Rosalie: good
Alice: good
James: good even though i pictured him different
Victoria: o.k.
Emment: good
Esme: I can't stand her, i thought she looked SO different
Laurent:For him, well...in one of the books Jasper says he was bitten by a mexican vamp so i guess he could work, but he should somehow be paler. if you think about it vamps are pale because they don't have any blood, so i just don't know how that would work out on the actor playing Laurent
Jasper: o.k.
Jacob: o.k.

message 22: by Tate (new) - rated it 1 star

Tate I think that they did a sorta good job for actors... but then again, there aren't always people that look exactly like characters in stories, right? I think that they did a pretty good job ob Alice and Bella though... and I'm really very very mixed on the person that they picked for Edward, though... and then the person that they picked for Jacob just bugs me. Anyway, Rosalie is... OK... I guess... ah well!

Yaaaaaaaaaaay!

Claudette i just saw a preview of the fight scene..and noticed something very odd. There was a reflection of the vampires in the mirror..???. Being a long time vampire/horror fan, I found this to be so wrong.
Anyone else see that?

message 24: by Lori (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lori Stephenie has made her vampires unique. They are not like the vampires in other books/movies. Remember when Bella was asking him about himself in Twilight? Every question she had he answered with 'myth'. And he did show up in the photograph she took of him.

message 25: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby and remember in the book (cant remember which one) it directly addressed edward in the mirorr. basically i agree with Lori.

Larissa I personally love the cast for the characters they did a great job. All of them fit the characters quite well. And for the comment about Taylor Lautner not being Native American, he found out he does have it in his blood.

And yeah Vampires do have a reflection, Stephenie's vampires are different then the generally known ones, which makes them scarier in my opinion.

Taelor I disagree... i think emmett, jacob, phil, and charlie are wrong. everyone else is ok. carslile and esme are perfect for me.

Cecilia Carreon The worst acting ever could not have been any worse.