The Love Cult discussion

I secretly love

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sally (last edited Apr 22, 2008 09:34PM) (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) violent movies. I can't get enough! It is really weird. Kung-fu, action, things blowing up, fist fights.

Kiss of the Dragon
Point of No Return
True Romance
Reservoir Dogs
zombie movies

Anything with Jason Statham
-Snatch
-Transporter

John Cusack movies
-1440 was really good
-High Fidelity
-Better Off Dead
-Runaway Jury

and really creepy scary movies.
I just saw The Haunting. How did I ever miss that one back in the late 90's? Everyone was so into Blair Witch. Which I didn't see until 2 years ago, I was so scared of the concept. The Others was good. Too bad that "I See Dead People" movie had just come out.

And I also secretly love Bruce Willis. The man can't really act, but man do I like to look at him. I would pay 7 dollars just to go sit in the dark and ogle even if the sound was turned off in the theater.

message 2: by Theresa (new)

Theresa  (tsorrels) Sally, I secretly love Bruce Willis too! Love the Die Hard series and just watched Hostage over the weekend. It was surprisingly good.

Did you know that in The Color of Night that he shows his penis in the pool scene? Oh, yes, when I was a pre-teen, I would rewind that and stare - that's a penis! Wow! :)~

message 3: by Summer (new)

Summer (summerbp) | 120 comments Mod
I love violent movies too! The scary movies not so much, just because I have such an overactive imagination, but give me an explosion any day!

Part of this love comes from my childhood, I'm pretty sure. My dad raised my brother and me watching movies like Star Wars, Last of the Mohicans, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, Die Hard, etc. Between that, watching somewhat violent shows as a child, and reading anything we wanted, we were desensitized young.

Die Hard 4 was great! The perfect action flick. So satisfying, and Justin Long is very funny. Brucie still has it!

My personal guilty pleasure is science fiction, again blamed on my father. Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Andromeda, Resident Evil...you name it, I probably love it.

message 4: by Summer (new)

Oh, Sally, I forgot to hail your love for Jason Statham. I've been in lust with that man since I first watched Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels.

Have you seen any of Tony Jaa's films? They're some of the best action I've seen, especially Ong-Bak the Thai Warrior. As the title may suggest, the movies are Thai. So wonderful!

message 5: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) Awesome. Tony Jaa films are going onto my to-watch list ahora mismo. Thanks for the tip!

message 6: by Lori (new)

Lori (tnbbc) I adore John Cusak... when he was a lovesick geek in Say Anything or the Summer one (cant remember the name), and then his lovesick hottie films, like High Fidelity, and Serendipity, and Must Love Dogs, and god, I love love love him.....

message 7: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) Summer, did you like Fifth Element? It combines two of your favorite things: Bruce Willis and science fiction. Good story, fun times. It might look a little dated now but it was super cool back in 98 or whenever (too lazy to go to IMDB).

Also, I secretly love Tom Cruise. But I'm the only one left in the US so don't tell anyone.

message 8: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) Oh, and Teresa, The Color of Night just shot to the top of my netflix queue.

message 9: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (countessofblooms) | 46 comments The Fifth Element stands up against time. It was just a plain awesome movie. Even the effects don't look too chunky for being 10 years old (as opposed to say... Godzilla, which is just plain ridiculous 10 years later). Chris Tucker is hilarious and Mila Jovovich is to die for in this movie. Not to mention Bruce Willis, who continues to be more than awesome even today. He's going to be 80 and still shooting down helicopters and looking like a complete badass.

I'm watching Bank Job right now with Jason Statham and it's a totally smooth heist movie with lots of Statham looking very pensive.

message 10: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) Yes! Chris Tucker with the flight attendant?

I watched that movie the first time with my dad and was, ahem, uncomfortable to say the least.

message 11: by Summer (new)

I love (gotta keep it real) The Fifth Element. I've seen that movie too may times to count.

One time we played a drinking game to it in which every time they said either "the stones" or "the prophecy" you took a shot. I believe by the time the movie was over, most everyone was passed out, and we still owed like 17 shots to the movie.

message 12: by Theresa (new)

Theresa  (tsorrels) The Fifth Element was on TNT (?) last week. Greg and I have probably watched that movie 20+ times, but we still parked it in front of the TV to watch it again. Great movie. Great cast. I don't know why we don't own it yet...?

I also love Jason Statham. Greg and I will watch any movie that he is in. I especially liked Crank. Did you know they are coming out with a Crank 2?

message 13: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (countessofblooms) | 46 comments How can they make a Crank 2? With the way the first one ended I really don't see how it's even possible.

message 14: by Theresa (new)

Theresa  (tsorrels) Don't know, but it is listed in Statham's credits on IMDB.

message 15: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) That is fantastic. I completely underestimated Crank from the cover, and loooo-huh-hooooved it. He is just such a badass, always in control, always hot. Maybe it's the driving scenes, those are good.

If Jason Statham were in the Bourne series I would have liked it even more. I like Matt Damon, but I don't completely buy that he is a government killer. Has anyone read the books? I tried, but they just didn't click with me. Too manly.

Go figure, I can't get enough of the testosterone-laden movie cults, but a book written by a man about a man fails to entice.