Writer's Paradise discussion

Overall

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Veronica, Bigfoot makes an excellent character (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) | 727 comments Mod
even if your challenge does not end with 2009, how do you feel about your challenge, or just writing in general for this year? Has it gone well? Or perhaps poorly? Have you had to revise your challenge?

Outside of your daily writing challenge for this group, how has writing gone? Do you feel like you have grown as a writer at all?

And do you have any writing resolutions for 2010?

message 2: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

Dee Marie (dee_marie) | 3382 comments Mod
Hey Roni,

I was very pleased with my writing goal for 2009, until this summer, when I went through "construction hell" and lost use of my computer (and my mind) for several months.

Thanks goodness for this group and for NaNoWriMo, as they both got me back on track.

Looking forward to a fresh year and getting two novels published :]

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy (runawaymarbles) | 77 comments I thinkI did pretty well this year. 50K nano, 120K non nano, I finished a fnafiction that ended at 50K...

message 4: by Anne (new)

Anne (mekone) | 225 comments On the one hand I did a lot better than I thought I would, but on the other hand my goal for this year is very much the same as the old one. I'm still finding it hard to finish things I have once gone off. I should just finish them while they're hot, and not have to worry about them later.

message 5: by Paul (new)

Paul Last year, I wrote 4 complete novels (including NaNo), 3 film scripts (including Script Frenzy) and a handful of short stories (about seven I think).

I think my writing improved tremendously over the year, partly as a result of reviews and critiques of my stuff, partly as a result of running writing workshops, and partly due to online discussions about grammar, POV, style and so on in groups here on GR.

I now have a nice back-catalogue of stuff to edit and submit, which is where the major focus will be for the first part fo this year.

message 6: by Renee (new)

Renee (rjmiller) I realized that I really can write this year thanks to help from all of the amazing friends I've made on Goodreads answering my questions, critiquing my work and keeping me motivated. I've definitely met my goals, maybe not daily but overall I did. I finished several short stories, and three (?) manuscripts and have several others started or outlined and waiting for me to find time for them. Like Paul I have a lot of work sitting patiently waiting for editing and submission to somewhere.

I'm not setting writing goals in terms of daily writing this year. It's too much pressure to come in and record and all that. I'll write what I can when I can. Now that I know I can do it, the record keeping isn't necessary.

message 7: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments I wrote more in 2009 than I've ever written before. I started and finished my first novel, learned about editing, discovered the truth about publishing, made incredibly friends, got to experience a truly useful critique. I didn't make my goal every day, but I did a decent job. I feel this past year is the year I truly became a writer. I definitely grew, even if I didn't achieve my goal of writing every day in 2009.

This year I will be better- I've set stricter rules and raised my goals, but I can and will rise to the challenge. I'm also allowing myself time to make up missed work, which I should've done last year. I know I'm not perfect, but I'm determined.

Overall, 2009 was good. 2010 will be great.