New Juvenille Fiction Authors Seeking Feedback discussion

THE RULES: Trust No One

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:59AM) (new)

Robert Tabb (Robert_C_Tabb) I recently published my second juvenille fiction book,The Rules: Trust No One, and am looking to get some authentic feedback. I have lots of friends and family reading the book, but while their reviews and comments are generally encouraging they leave me really wondering how enjoyable the reading actually is.
So, I'm looking for some avid readers to consider getting a copy and offer up some opinions.

message 2: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:00PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) What is "The Rules: Trust No One" about?

message 3: by Robert (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:00PM) (new)

Robert Tabb (Robert_C_Tabb) Good question. The Rules: Trust No One centers around Toby Oliver, a sarcastic twelve-year-old boy, who hates bridges, boxes, being the new kid, and moving. When his family's latest move brings him to Ciferin, he’s determined to ride out yet another link in an unending chain of frustrating relocations. But Ciferin is not an ordinary town. After all, most other towns have kids, seasons other than summer, teachers that answer questions, and people who talk to each other.

Toby thinks he and his younger brother Kevin might have found some clues to the town's past when they stumble across a silver box in the creek behind their house. The box contains a set of keys, an old pocket watch, some unusual rules, and lots of questions. What do the three keys go to? Where did the old pocket watch come from? Who came up with this list of rules?

Toby and Kevin’s quest for these answers takes many twists and turns and leaves Toby wondering if he should indeed follow rule Number One: Trust No One.

I have four more books in the series planned.

message 4: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:00PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) Robert, this sounds like an awesome book. I'll putit on my to-read list. It sounds like your book could be a hit movie :). i look forward to reading your book.

message 5: by Robert (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:01PM) (new)

Robert Tabb (Robert_C_Tabb) Thanks, Ashley. I look forward to some feedback.

message 6: by J-Lynn Van Pelt (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:01PM) (new)

J-Lynn Van Pelt I will try to grab a copy and read it. Keep up the hard work!

message 7: by Robert (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:02PM) (new)

Robert Tabb (Robert_C_Tabb) Thanks J-Lynn. I'm hoping to get back into the swing of writing here soon. But with a six-week-old son at home, I'm finding it difficult. So your words of encouragement come at the perfect time.

message 8: by Joseph (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:19PM) (new)

Joseph Daly | 2 comments Hey Robert,

I agree, your book does sound pretty cool. I know what it is to have little ones and trying to write at the same time. I have 2 girls (2 1/2 and six months)I recently released my first novel
Strange Town Volume One: The Woods Behind Trevor Malone's House
and I have 5 to 6 more in mind, unless my book is picked up by a big publishing house there aint no way those are getting written. Oh did you self publish your books? Good Luck.

Joe

message 9: by J-Lynn Van Pelt (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:39PM) (new)

J-Lynn Van Pelt Robert,

Read and reviewed. The town of Ciferin definitely has me intrigued. I hope the feedback is helpful.

message 10: by Alexandra (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:40PM) (new)

Alexandra Robert, I've added your book to my "to read" list. Joseph, yours is already there :)

message 11: by Robert (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:40PM) (new)

Robert Tabb (Robert_C_Tabb) Janis, I appreciate that greatly. I'm finding it necessary to get reviews from people who have never met me and can give an unbiased opinion of the actual work.

message 12: by Robert (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:40PM) (new)

Robert Tabb (Robert_C_Tabb) Joe,

I did self publish my books. It was my way of seeing (in a relatively short period of time)whether I actually could write. So far, so good. Love your website and I look forward to being able to order your book as soon as we get some disposable income. After I read it, maybe we can discuss featuring you on my website as another emerging author.

Best wishes,

Bobby

message 13: by J-Lynn Van Pelt (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:41PM) (new)

J-Lynn Van Pelt Joe,
Amazon just told me that your book shipped yesterday. I am looking forward to fitting it into my schedule.

message 14: by Joseph (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:42PM) (new)

Joseph Daly | 2 comments Thanks Robert, J-Lynn and Janis! I really appreciate all the support.

message 15: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra Finally got a copy of your book, so hopefully I'll be able to get to it in the near future. It looks interesting.

message 16: by Alexandra (last edited Feb 24, 2008 05:24AM) (new)

Alexandra I'm reading it now Robert, so far I'm enjoying it. I'll let you know what I think when I finish.

message 17: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra Robert, I really enjoyed The Rules: Trust No One. I've posted my review.

message 18: by Robert (new)

Robert Tabb (Robert_C_Tabb) Janis, thanks for taking the time to read and review my work. It came at a time when I needed some encouragement. My world has been hectic the last couple of months and authoring has had to take a back seat in the car that is my life. I am hoping to be more active in the next month as I aim to finish my third book, make posts on GoodReads daily, and send out query letters for my completed picture book.

message 19: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra You're welcome! I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next one. I posted my review on Amazon too, hope it helps. Keep us posted :)

message 20: by Sue (new)

Sue Owen (bySueOwen) | 4 comments Send me an electronic copy and I'd be happy to review. papermustang@gmail.com

Cheers!