This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Major League Hate

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Okay, I can sense that there are a bunch of haters here ready to step up to the big leagues. Can you hate ten things or more right this minute? Go!

I hate that someone was doing laundry all day, which means that the laundry I absolutely had to do is still in the dryer at 11:30 at night. I hate that towel of mine that the ex-boyfriend washed with something red, and then said, "it's only a towel." Yeah, but it's my towel, and a year later, it's still stained red. I hate that after finding a dead mole in the basement, I'm afraid of the basement. I hate that I desperately need to buy pants, but can't afford it OR find anything that fits, leading to the late-night laundry session. I hate that the deck is currently covered with crunchy ice even though the average temperature for this time of year is 65 degrees here (and I would have hated it even more had I fallen on my ass on my way down the stairs to the basement). I hate how short the weekend is now that I'm working again (no matter how much I love my new job). I hate that it's been too cold to plant things in my garden, so my bathroom is full of tomato plants and my living room is full of zucchini and cucumber sprouts. I really hate that it's been too cold for so long that the zukes and cukes are trying to die for want of space and outdoorsiness. I hate that either light bulbs don't come in multi-watt packs, or I don't find/buy them that way, so I currently have 100-watt bulbs but need a 40-watt and a 60-watt, and there's only one working lamp in my living room. And finally, I hate that my own challenge was harder than I thought, and I can only come up with nine things I hate right now.

message 2: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 0 comments Ok,

I hate that I have a paper due in an hour an a half.

I hate it when it is raining enough for wiper use, but not enough that they swoosh with clean motions, but instead make ick scraping noises across the windshield.

I hate that it smells like manure on Tuesdays by the hospital where I work.

I hate old milk.

I hate it when I have been drinking coffee all morning out of the same mug, and it's not until the last refill that I notice the dried mango and rice glued to the inside of the mug.

I hate it when my phone rings in class.

I hate the Police, and I hate that everyone else in the universe thinks Sting is some kind of musical genius. Repeating the same three notes for five minutes is not music. It's irritating.

I hate how my dry winter feet make scratchy ness on the sheets.

I hate the McMansions covering the front range.

I hate that I wandered into some stuffy avant-garde film conversation in the AM blog and got my A** chewed out.

message 3: by Theresa (new)

Theresa  (tsorrels) 1. I hate that Fry's Food was out of everything I went there for last night. How do you simultaneously run out of lettuce, Horizon Organic Skim Milk, Reduced Fat Wheat Thins, and Smart Ones Lunches? Seriously, they normally have 100+ Smart Ones Lunches and they were completely out except for desserts.

2. I hate that I asked three employees of Fry's Food (one of which was Asst Mgr) if they are going to be restocking Smart Ones Lunches or if they aren't selling them anymore and they all looked at me blankly like I was loony for asking them a question on 420! I never did get an answer.

3. I hate that my boss was involved in a motorcycle accident yesterday and is currently in the hospital waiting to have knee surgery to pin her knee cap back to her leg.

4. I hate that I have a headache.

5. I hate that I spent all day Sunday doing laundry. It is currently piled on the kitchen table waiting to be hauled upstairs and put away.

6. I hate that I have to clean my house by Wednesday as we are having company over and cat-haired floors do not make an acceptable presentation of our house.

7. I hate that there is a strong possibility that my clutch is going out in my car.

8. I hate that San Felipe's Cantina added gratuity to our bill on Friday and the waitress didn't say anything. (It was really dark, loud, smoky, and I had had a bit to drink so I didn't check the bill.) There were only four of us on the tab - their policy states that groups of 6 get gratuity added - and she charged us 20% gratuity. So, after my own generous tip of 20%, she ended up with $52! And she wasn't even a good waitress!

9. I hate that stupid cat that keeps catching horny (it is the springtime fever) birds in our yard and shredding them. We find what seems like thousands of feathers, maybe a bone or two, and that is it. Do you know how impossible it is to clean up thousands of bird feathers out of grass?!

10. I hate that obnoxious bird that insists in sitting in the tree outside our bedroom window singing at all hours of the day and night. (Contrary to how it may appear, I actually love nature and animals!) This stupid bird has about 15-20 songs that it knows and insists on singing them for about 10 seconds each at ear-splitting volume all the time. If it was just one tune over and over, I could sleep through it. But, no, this bird is an accomplished musician.

I finally lost my sanity last week and hooked up the semi-high pressure nozzle on to the hose and sprayed it's evil ass out of the tree. Since then, I've only had to spray it out twice.

message 4: by Nikki (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:14AM) (new)

Nikki Boisture 1. I hate that I don't get enough computer time to be a Hater's Club regular.

2. I hate that my husband drank the last of the milk last night, leaving our 18-month old to have water with his breakfast.

3. I hate that no one has made an offer on our condo.

4. I hate sinus pressure.

5. I hate that we are losing the dog-fur war, even with a brand-new overpriced Dyson vacuum cleaner. I hate that before an open house, we have to vacuum and swiffer and mop several times, just so people coming to the open house won't be disgusted by the dog fur. All that work and not one offer on the condo!

6. I hate that my job consists mainly of reading and summarizing medical records. The human body is a disgusting thing, truly.

7. I hate Rama, the bank teller next door.

8. I hate that Bella chose Edward over Jacob. I don't get the Edward appeal AT ALL! Also, I hate that I care, and I hate that I even started reading that damn series in the first place...it is NOT good. Mostly I hate that I will definitely buy Breaking Dawn when it's released, because I'm that much of an idiot.

9. I hate paying too much for childcare, but I love my son's babysitter. So at least I know it's worth it.

10. I hate people acting like I'm a child-molesting freak because I breastfed my son until he was 16 months old. Shut up people! We were happy! Read the AAP guidelines a**holes!

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Sorry, I'm not feelin' the hate today. All this negativity is starting to bore me (my own negativity, that is; you guys go ahead and hate as much as you want).

I think I'm gonna open the windows and let in the sun. Literally and figuratively. Maybe even *gasp* go outside and read a book!!

message 6: by Theresa (new)

Theresa  (tsorrels) 11. I hate wobbly elevators.

message 7: by Not Bill (new)

Not Bill Aw c'mon peoples....bring it!

message 8: by Not Bill (new)

Not Bill Things I hate #1 thru #10: The LA Dodgers. ...hate them with the kind of searing, white hot hate that can only come from someone born and raised on diet of pure, unadulterated Dodger hate. #11 Dodger dogs? Please... entirely inedible - like something I flush each morning - both are equally unpleasant with or without bun.

Jackie "the Librarian" 1. I hate that you have sun, Sarah, and I don't. Another cloudy, cold day in the Pacific NW.
2. I hate that it's Monday.
3. I hate that my skin is all dried out from forced-air heat.
4. I hate that my nose is stuffy.
5. I hate that everyone doesn't share my exquisite taste in books and music and movies.
6. I hate green bell peppers.
7. And shredded coconut. Bleah.
8. I hate not knowing what kind of wine is good. Fermented grape juice should not be this complicated.
9. I hate when I feel too timid to speak up.
10. I hate feeling petty.

There you have it, my petty whiny hate list of crabbiness. Enjoy!

message 10: by April (new)

April (escapegal) 1. I hate that I am new to this group and it took me almost 34 years to find people like you!
2. I hate that when I'm being sarcastic people think I'm being mean when mostly I'm just saying what everyone wanted to say but wouldn't.
3. I hate feeling fat and not being able to just wake up in the morning, put on whatever I grab out of the closet and feel like Carmen Electra looks.
4. I hate that I don't have the ability to think before I speak because my memory is so bad that if I try to censor myself I forget what I was trying to say so I gave up on that and sometimes what comes out isn't at all what I meant...what was I saying?
5. I hate flavored, over-priced, under-sized coffee that tastes no better than what my grandmother used to make but costs 500% more just because someone decided it was cool.
6. I hate that I'm not the person that decided the flavored, over-priced, under-sized coffee was cool.
7. I hate my job.
8. I hate Bill Gates...trust me, you don't want me to elaborate on this one...I have lost friends over my hatred for Bill Gates...
9. I hate Top 10 Lists. It's discriminatory.

message 11: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 0 comments Donna~ what kind of pickle moron drops ten tires and a roll of carpet off like that. He should have at least made a statue out of it. Or a super rad sandbox.

message 12: by Joanie (new)

Joanie Okay, here goes-my first big 10 list

1. I hate that since I took a new position at my job I'm responsible for planning the prom for our students which means I have to help them get limos, tuxes etc and this was somehow a promotion?

2. I hate that my friend is coming in town (okay I love that part) and she forgets that she grew up around here and that she knows what the places around here are like (bars, not clubs) but she will still end up dressing like we were still 22 and going to a club and it will be bizarre, like last time.

3. I hate that we have no more Diet Coke so I can't have a Diet Coke and Vanilla Stoli.

4. I hate that I decided to try something new and put red peppers in my pasta salad and now the whole big bowl tastes like red peppers and I don't want to eat it.

5. I hate that I didn't take the clothes out of the dryer when they were warm last night and now they're a wrinkled mess which means I'll have to iron tomorrow.

6. I hate that the new conditioner I bought comes in a pump and I can't get the ring around the neck to come off so I have to unscrew the cover and scrape conditioner off the pump tube thing.

7. I hate that I started a Totally Trashy book club but there is nothing trashy going on there.

8 I hate that my lips are chapped all the way underneath my lip so I look like this kid I had to sit next to in 4th grade.

9. I hate that my whole house smells like the bbq beef brisket I cooked in the crockpot today.

10. I hate that I just wrote something about my crockpot, that I own a crockpot, and make plans to use my crockpot.

message 13: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 0 comments And April - for breakfast I had three shots of espresso with equal parts vanilla caramel foam. It would have cost me three dollars. Im sure that the materials to make that beverage cost less than 39 cents.

message 14: by April (new)

April (escapegal) 10. I hate that Sally had a better breakfast than me, but I can't really hate her for it because I have finally found someone else in the world who thinks Sting & the Police are totally overrated and isn't afraid to say it! You rock Sally...ok, back to hating now.

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) 1. I hate that I'm not going to Jazz Fest.

message 16: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 0 comments yo tambien, Sarah. Que lastima!

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) 2. I hate "Scarborough Fair."

message 18: by Joanie (new)

Joanie Parsely, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme

message 19: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 0 comments Where are my jujubees. . . Where,where

where?

-Sally clucks, hands on hips, as she absentmindedly shuffles around in bathrobe, looking for lawn chair. Settles in for show.

message 20: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) 3. I hate Claire Danes

message 21: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) 4. I hate when I get something sticky on my hands.

message 22: by Summer (new)

Summer (summerbp) 1. I hate interrupting the drawn-out hate, but I'm brimming with my own.

2. I hate that eating spaghetti only makes you hungrier.

3. I hate having to take medicine "with food."

4. I hate wearing disposable contacts, because when I wear them for four months instead of the intended two weeks, they get very dry (and one of my customers keeps telling me that I'm going to need a cornea transplant).

5. I hate that after waiting all day to talk on the phone, there's nothing to say.

6. I hate Crocs, Wallabees, and Uggs. Especially paired with cheer-leading shorts.

7. I hate that all the CSI episodes they play on Spike lately are repeats. But I hate it even more when they're playing something else instead of a CSI repeat.

8. I hate that organizing my Goodreads bookshelf took three days, and that so many of my books are trash reads (that's a lie--I love it!)

9. I hate hearing people take a shit in a public restroom. Actually, I hate hearing any sort of bodily function in public, even blowing the nose.

10. Most of all, I hate that there is no comparable Love group to all this hate!

message 23: by Summer (last edited Apr 21, 2008 08:08PM) (new)

Summer (summerbp) 11. I hate that the "Warriors Lovers!" group is always on the Most Active list on my Groups homepage. WTFuck is it????

12. I hate that I don't know what jujubes are! (Time to Google)

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) 5. I hate black licorice.

message 25: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 0 comments And Yahooooooyah! April! Huge high five to Police/Sting hatred. What a hate-kindred soul.

message 26: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 0 comments Summer, I hear you on #9. Any kind of habitual cough/snort makes me want to staple my eyelid.

And I can't help it; soo much hate...too many jujubees, must, undo belt. Toothpick.

ew
There is an insane amount of need for a "love cult" like this is the "hate hut".

I hate that there is not a Winchells or a Krispy Kreme in town.

I agree when people say they hate the wind, even though I secretly love it.

message 27: by Summer (new)

Summer (summerbp) Okay, addendum...Evidently there is a group called "OMG! i luv..." and this group is for discussing things you "luv."

message 28: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) 6. I hate the way the light in my bathroom flickers when I turn it on.

message 29: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) 7. I hate auditions.

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments I'm ashamed to say that I’m waiting for #8 =(

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments I know I’m going to regret ever asking this… but what the mosquito have to do with putting away the long underwear?

message 32: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) 8. I hate when poo gets stuck to the fur under my dog's tail and I have to wipe her so it doesn't get on the carpet or the furniture. But I don't hate it as much as she does.

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments #8, the infamous shit!!! We all hate it! Except maybe the coprophiliacs…

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments Donna, do you wonder what Sarah is doing and why is taking her so long to post???? Does she sits and ponder on what the next number will be??? Or is she cleaning her house till she feels the need to hate???

message 35: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) She looks at me like "Mom, this is soooooo humiliating. I'd better get a huge treat after you violate me like this."

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments Donna, you read you read with your ears?

message 37: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 0 comments *love it love it love it love it*

italic text: Like, you're lucky I love you, because I do have the big teeth. Just so you know.

message 38: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 0 comments Yes. Although I kind of hate sparklers. I burnt a massive wound on my finger this summer lighting a sparkler for a five year old. It was me or her.

I'm so fantastic.

message 39: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 0 comments I hate that I messed up the formatting.

Eye-talic text looms ahead! Giant sign! Look out people, I'm being cleeeeveer!

message 40: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 0 comments I held the match and she held the sparkler. As she lit her sparkler instead of lifting it up and out to safety, she pushed it away from corneas. It hurt, but I pretended it didn't because I didn't want to ruin her holiday.

Man, come on #9 and 10, I'm writing! Agony! Agony!

*gasp*

message 41: by Sarah (last edited Apr 21, 2008 10:49PM) (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) 9. I hate repeating myself. My husband can't multi-task, and if he's talking to me, he stops midsentence to read an email or a text message. Or if I'm talking to him, he ignores me altogether but pretends he heard me, but I have to repeat myself anyway.

message 42: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) And finally...

10. I hate that I hate.

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments I think I need a cigarette... it only took you 4 hours and 45 minutes... but it was worthy!!! So much suspense!!!!

message 44: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 0 comments #9 was fully, entirely, absolutely worth the anticipation. As I read it, like reading Beverly Cleary or Augusten Burroughs, all I could think is "man, so true! so right on! exactly! me too!" excellent hate.

Sarah = hate yoda. Don't hate the hate. embrace your dark side!

In this dark mirror of hate you reflect so much <3 . . . I'm being a pickle moron.

message 45: by Summer (new)

Summer (summerbp) I HATE!!!!! that the water in my washing machine is coming out BROWN! And that it's my load of WHITE clothes!

The one day that I finally decide to do laundry, and this is what I get? Is this a sign that I should become a nudist?

message 46: by Summer (new)

Summer (summerbp) Okay...I started The Love Cult. Thanks for the inspiration! Now come spread the love!

message 47: by Not Bill (new)

Not Bill Summer...that's a feature, not a bug. There was another thread yesterday where I got all misty eyed over particulate matter, and that's what is causing your water issues here. You musta really been, uh, stocking up on particulate matter. Anyway...it'll rinse out.

Unless of course the water entering your machine is brown. In that case well then yes you're well and royally screwed.

message 48: by Not Bill (new)

Not Bill Love Cult? Can I bring my zombies?

message 49: by Summer (new)

Summer (summerbp) Oh, NB... There is an overabundance of particulate matter in this college town. So much that the "East Side Stench" is overwhelming after 5pm.

My roommate informed me that when they switch from the river to the reservoir for our water supply, it turns the water brown.

message 50: by Summer (new)

Summer (summerbp) I love zombies! (See, it's easy to love.)

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.

This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Breaking Dawn (other topics)