Romance Series Lists discussion

Paranormal (ACTIVE) > BREEDS - Lora Leigh (ACTIVE)

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Auntee (last edited Feb 07, 2009 09:59AM) (new)

Auntee | 86 comments 1. Tempting the Beast
2. The Man Within
3. Elizabeth's Wolf
4. Kiss of Heat
5. Soul Deep
6. The Breed Next Door (Hotspell)
7. Megan's Mark
8. Harmony's Way
9. Tanner's Scheme
10. Wolfe's Hope (Primal Heat)
11. Jacob's Faith
12. Aiden's Charity
13. A Wolfe's Embrace
(from Beyond the Dark)
14. Dawn's Awakening
15. A Jaguar's Kiss (from Shifter)
16. Mercury's War
17. Christmas Heat (from The Magical Christmas Cat)
18. Coyote's Mate
19. Bengal's Heart (8/09)
20. Lion's Heat (TBA)
21. (Untitled; Hawke & Jessica) Anthology TBA

The Breeds series by Lora Leigh

will double check the author's website...

Tempting the Beast (Breed 1) by Lora Leigh The Man Within (Breed 2) by Lora Leigh Elizabeth's Wolf (Breed 3)  by Lora Leigh Kiss of Heat (Breed 4) by Lora Leigh [image error] Hot Spell (Includes Breed 6; Guardians 1) by Emma Holly Megan's Mark (Breed 7)  by Lora Leigh Harmony's Way (Breed 8)  by Lora Leigh Tanner's Scheme (Breed 9) by Lora Leigh Primal Heat (Includes Breed 10 and Devlin Dynasty 1) by Sherri L. King Jacob's Faith (Breed 11) by Lora Leigh Aiden's Charity (Breed 12) by Lora Leigh Beyond the Dark (Includes Breed 13) by Angela Knight Dawn's Awakening (Breed 14) by Lora Leigh Shifter (Includes Warriors of Poseidon 4, Breed 15, Children of the Sea PQ) by Angela Knight Mercury's War (Breed 16) by Lora Leigh The Magical Christmas Cat (Includes Breed, 17; Psy-Changeling, 7; Murphy Sisters, 2) by Lora Leigh Coyote's Mate (Breed 18) by Lora Leigh Bengal's Heart (Breed 19) by Lora Leigh Lions Heat by Lora Leigh

Colleen (NerdyWoman) Kayter (nerdywoman) | 20 comments You done did it, Auntee!

Here is a link to the chronology on LL's website:

Breed Chronology

It includes the names of the h/h, the breed, and a brief description of each story.

It should also be noted that many readers are going to be confused about the numbering.

The first several books were published by Ellora's Cave. When Berkley took over (Megan's Mark was their first), they put a blurb on the back cover stating that it was the first... this leads to a whole lot of confusion!

The sequence you have above is correct. Readers can start with one of the later books because Leigh does an adequate job of filling in the back story, but for the best reading experience, I recommend that readers hunt down TEMPTING THE BEAST.

Colleen

message 3: by Christel (new)

Christel (christelc) | 60 comments When is Mercury's War coming out???

Colleen (NerdyWoman) Kayter (nerdywoman) | 20 comments According to Lora Leigh's website, Mercury's War will be out in October 2008.

Lora Leigh's website

message 5: by Christel (new)

Christel (christelc) | 60 comments Dang!!! That long??? ARGGGHHHH!!!!

Colleen (NerdyWoman) Kayter (nerdywoman) | 20 comments CHRISTEL: I feel your pain, girl.

Between now and then, we do have RESCUE ME (triple treat - Leigh, Adair, and Gerard), and NAUTI DREAMS.

We've also got Diana Palmer's FEARLESS (Rodrigo Ramirez's story) coming soon.

If you are brave enough to go down the Lora Leigh road with us, there's the entire BOUND HEARTS series that's not on your LL shelf '-D

If you're starved for paranormal animal behavior, Annmarie McKenna's SEEING EYE MATE and CHECKMATE are very good.

Yup, yup, yup. I jus' bet yer TBR mountain has dwindled down to nothing and you'll be watching Law & Order reruns from now until October.

Yes, I am a wicked child,

Colleen

message 7: by jenjn79 (new)

jenjn79 | 409 comments Mod
Auntee...can you update this list? I don't read the series, but there's been at least one new book, hasn't there (the Coyote one)? And I think another upcoming (Bengal something?)? After that, I'll do one of those book cover link list thingys.

message 8: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 86 comments You're right--I've been neglectful--I'll get off my butt and get on it!;D

message 9: by jenjn79 (new)

Thanks, Auntee!

message 10: by jenjn79 (new)

Hmm...okay, so the Breed Chronology is different than the published order, right? Just trying to get things straight...

message 11: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 86 comments It's confusing to say the least. There's the EC ones, and then the mass market ones, and sometimes the chronology is a little different than the published order.

message 12: by jenjn79 (new)

I was looking at the list on Leigh's website (on the printable page) and it had a different order. Then I saw the Breeds Chronology, which shows the order you have here. So I wasn't quite sure what was what.

What's the best order to read? Published order, or the Chronology order?

message 13: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 86 comments Chronology if you can.:) It would be great if you could read the first book in the series Tempting the Beast before any others--that explains the whole series.

message 14: by jenjn79 (new)

Chronological works for me. I have many of them on ebook. I'll be starting with the one you mentioned when I get around to starting the series.

message 15: by Dina (new)

Dina (missdina) Quick question: is it necessary to read the novellas or can I skip them?

I ask this question because I´m not much of a fan of anthologies - the stories are usually too short to hold my interest - but I don´t want to "miss" anything important in the overall arc of the Breeds series.

message 16: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 86 comments Personally I don't think it's all that necessary. If I was advising someone interested in starting the 'Breeds' series, I would tell them to make sure they read the first 4 or 5 books (in order) so they know what's going on. I've read a few of the novellas, and I don't think there's anything crucial going on in them. I haven't read the last two novellas yet--hopefully I haven't missed anything.:)

message 17: by Dina (new)

Dina (missdina) Okay, thanks for answering my question. I´ve already read - and loved - the first 2 books and I´m going to track down the rest of the series, but I was wondering if I could save some bucks by skipping the novellas. It looks like I can. :)

message 18: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 3 comments I notice how some people group Leigh's Breed books by the breed: Cat breed, Wolf breed, etc. What I want to know is can I read just the books of one breed, thus maybe skipping some in the chronological order, and still understand the stories?

message 19: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 86 comments Hmmm...good question. I'd have to think about that. I think everyone should read at least the first book to get a good grasp on the series, and after that--I just don't know. It could become confusing especially if characters you've never read about are mentioned in the book you're reading.

Anyone else with any ideas about this?

message 20: by Dina (new)

Dina (missdina) I´ve only read the first 3 books ('Tempting the Beast', 'The Man Within' and 'Elizabeth´s Wolf'), so I´m fairly new to the series. BUT I can say this: if I hadn´t read the first 2 books, which are part of the "Cat" Breed, I would´ve been a little "lost" while reading the 3rd book, which is part of the "Wolf" Breed.

I don´t know if the same "rule" applies to the rest of the books further down the road, when the whole arc of the series is better established, but I think the first books MUST be read in order, regardless of the breed they belong to.

message 21: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 3 comments I have read the first one in the series, and I would like to read the next in the series, but there is a very long waiting list in my library system to do so, so if I am going to read it now, I'd have to buy it. The thing is, Amazon at the moment has a special deal for buying the first three in the Cat Breed part of the series which are really books 1, 2, and 4 of the whole series, according to the list given at the start of this topic. I am very tempted to buy them, but I was wondering if skipping book 3 would be a mistake.

message 22: by Dina (new)

Dina (missdina) Joseph, how do you feel about e-books? If you don´t have anything against this format, you can get the first books in the series at Elloras Cave. They´re much cheaper than the printed version and, plus, you won´t have to wait for the mailman to deliver them as you can download them to you computer immediately after buying them.

message 23: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 3 comments Dina wrote: "Joseph, how do you feel about e-books? If you don´t have anything against this format, you can get the first books in the series at Elloras Cave. They´re much cheaper than the printed version and, ..."

Dina, they may be cheaper, but to be honest, I am no fan of reading a book on a computer screen. When I read a book, I want paper between two covers.

message 24: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 86 comments So you'd be skipping #3, "Elizabeth's Wolf", right Joseph? You could probably do that, and then pick it up later without being too confused. I started out reading a few out of order, because I bought them used at Amazon when I could find them for a reasonable price. But "Elizabeth's Wolf" was one of my favorites, so I'd definitely recommend reading it!:)